Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Series Disscusion Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    well, i'm still a little leary about the forum move when copyright whistleblowers showed up on proboards. so yeah, just trying to keep the public posts about that sorta thing to a minimum.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Celebrate August 1st with this

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Meh.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So, you guys: favourite Digimon top 3 of each generation?

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    My all time favorite would be Dukemon, hard to decide about what else.

I like Shoutmon X4 though, the mecha thing got to me.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ah yes, Dukemon is rather aweyome, as are Lilymon, Renamon and Wargreymon.

Magnaangemon is also one of my favourites.

Blog Entries
    Each generation? That'll take a while.

Huh, let's start with the easy one: Dukemon, Takatomon (TOTALLY COUNTS), Megidramon.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamsRequiem View Post
    Meh.
    INB4 it's amazing and we also get V-Tamer anime.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Shit, each season? My actual favorites barely make cameos or do things in the shows. HiAndromon, TyrantKabuterimon, Examon, and Ornismon are my actual favorites. Anime restricted, huh.

Adventure 01: Magnangemon, Leomon, and Andromon. Magnangemon shows up just because he had to stop being lazy, this is what I've told myself. Leomon is the man's man of the show. Andromon fucking judo-flips Machinedramon while leading the resistance force against the dark masters in that area. If someone goes Segata Sanshiro on someone of a declared higher rank than them, they're just awesome.

Adventure 02: Stingmon, Magnangemon, and Dagomon. Detective Stingmon rider kicking criminals would have been the best side story ever. Too bad I'll have to settle for Kamen Rider W. Magnangemon once again shows up for half an episode to kick ass and take names, and then just take another indefinite vacation because he's too cool for this shit story. Dagomon shows up as a silhouette in that one episode where Hikari goes into the shadow world and Takeru gets his shipping episode but nothing ever happens. While Dagomon does nothing that episode, it is an important step in getting to Neptunmon in a number of games, so it's one of those favorites.

Tamers: Beelzebumon, SaintGargomon, and Justimon. Beelzebumon gets more character development than over half of the human cast, and actually turns dreams into reality when he turns the little boy's toy gun into a plasma cannon. He was a true hero. SaintGargomon and Terriermon can be considered the same entries since we're talking about anime seasons. SGM has goddamn nukes and carpet bombs, but Lee decides it best to just kick things instead of blow them up. Terriermon's attitude throughout the series is just perfectly entertaining. Justimon gets put on simply because he's a Kamen Rider, as well as Ryo and Cyberdramon being canonically from Anode-Cathode Tamer. When Cyberdramon is the result of Ryo finally realizing that Millenniummon is destroying the world only because he's Tsundere, and forces a jogress with monodramon because mlnm is too big, I can't help but be supremely entertained by Justimon. GG, mlnm, you finally got to be one with the one you love.

Frontier: Susanomon, Junpei, and Patamon. Susanomon because ultimate gattai and a really big beam cannon. Junpei totally counts because he evolves into digimon. He's just so socially awkward that he's entertaining to watch. And those moments when he's actually the voice the of reason just makes everyone else seem so special. Patamon was probably the biggest troll in the entire show. His birth lead to the early separation of the main characters and the scrub characters. He was born with a damn stomach warmer. It's faster for him to walk than to fly, and he destroys any mood that's supposedly trying to be set up.

Savers: Bancholeomon, ummm, Bancholeomon, and Banchouleomon. I don't need to explain, do I?

Xros Wars: Tactimon, Shoutmon EX6, naked Nene Luminamon. Shut up, I know I'm using the manga as my reference, not the show. But the titles match, so it's fair game, right? Tactimon was a total baller in the manga, didn't get job'd by OmegaShoutmon. Tactimon was fucking up X7 after his sword got released, and he actually drew the damn sword instead of just hitting things with the scabbard. And his sword was made by melting down Susanomon's cannon. Tactimon is all sorts of hype. Shoutmon Evolution X6 actually looked sleek, instead of clusterfuck X7. Too bad the lack of Starmon meant that everyone evolving only amount to X7 powerlevels. That's why it was awesome when ShootingStarmon happened, and EX6 used him to punch Tactimon. Best friends use each other as punching gloves. Luminamonnaked Nene as Shademon-Nene was the core of Zeed=Millenniummon, and was the crux of them actually being able to pull a non-bullshit victory against the menace of the digital world. Luminamon was just naked-Nene slide evolving into not-Shademon anymore, so was the symbol of victory. Nothing gets more mecha than mechas being symbolism for sex, and then getting the symbol of victory being the sex object of the series. Don't believe me? Compare Kanjite Knight and Kanjite Night. One is a super robot song, the other is literally a sex song. And they have almost identical lyrics, and the same musical pattern.

Boy Hunters: Fuck this show, it shouldn't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
    INB4 it's amazing and we also get V-Tamer anime.
    I'd be down for a V-Tamer anime. As long as they don't screw it up, that is.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I really should get around to finish reading the Xros manga sometime.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You should. Nene's little sister is adorable, DarkKnightmon's demise is actually satisfying, and the actual final battle involved a plan and strategy that wasn't just power up infinitely and hit them with a big stick like in the anime.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I want to be excited but I honestly don't feel much since they gave the epilouge for Adventure 2.

It's weird since I loved digimon

Teasing the Penguin God!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    .Adventure 2 was rather meh insofar as they throw out heaps of good ideas, start going for something, then abandon it halfway. And its so obvious that the main villain was pretty much improvised because they had clusterfucked themselves into a corner and had to end it somehow.

Playing the anniversary psp game made me remember how Adventure 1 actually had a really good and interesting story.
    Still like tamers a little more though

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Celebrate August 1st with this

"Now watch Adventure knowing that Tai's attempts to win Sora's heart are all in vain."

Welp, I've only watched the first two seasons on TV plus the movie. Then it changed channels on me and I wasn't able to keep up with it. :/

As for games, I've only been able to play the 2nd Digimon World as a Blockbuster rental years back. However, I feel I should mention this game:

No one, and I mean no one knows this game. this game took me years to beat just the final boss because of its goddamn cheating OP cards. I only won through just luck. Oh, and unlike the Pokémon TCG game for the Game Boy Color, this game had no relation to the actual Digimon card game when it was in circulation.
    Over the Keel Mountains, Meets an ape with human speech. The ape asks, "What clings to you? Bear it—you cannot. Accept it—you cannot. But hidden—it is from you. Recite its name."

Wow, Blockbuster, that brings back memories.

Blog Entries
    I think I played the first Digimon World when my parents rented me a Playstation for my birthday one year but I couldn't figure out how to get out of the starter area or even what the point of the game was so I gave up and spent the week playing Megaman X4 instead.

I remember my Agumon not being able to get to the toilet in time and just shitting everywhere, and it really bothered me because I had no idea how to get rid of that stuff. Then it evolved into a Numemon and just ate all of the shit it ever dropped.

Yes, I was very bad at that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I think I played the first Digimon World when my parents rented me a Playstation for my birthday one year but I couldn't figure out how to get out of the starter area or even what the point of the game was so I gave up and spent the week playing Megaman X4 instead.
    Mah brutha in arms.
    Over the Keel Mountains, Meets an ape with human speech. The ape asks, "What clings to you? Bear it—you cannot. Accept it—you cannot. But hidden—it is from you. Recite its name."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I remember my Agumon not being able to get to the toilet in time and just shitting everywhere, and it really bothered me because I had no idea how to get rid of that stuff. Then it evolved into a Numemon and just ate all of the shit it ever dropped.

Yes, I was very bad at that game.
    The game is actually really good and you can still enjoy it today, the thing is it has a steep curve for beginners but once you understand how it functions you should be able to play decently and enjoy the game very very much.