Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61114151617182126 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Series Disscusion Thread

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries

The design look closer to the two decades ago series than the last one which mean a massive improvement
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Producer Habu gave an interview about the upcoming "Digimon Survive", sharing some candid details about the creation process and some of the mechanics we'll see in the game.

Pretty fascinating stuff~
    I wonder if your karma points just affect Agumon, or also the other peoples digimons. Interesting to see how they implement the system. I guess positive karma for vaccine evolutions, neutral for data and negative for virus would be one way to do it.

but sounds like we’ll have route dependent character deaths? This is getting real intriguing.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    yeees, daaammmnn I really want to play that game. The concept of VN digimon sounds amazing
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It appears that a bunch of gameplay screenshots leaked ahead of a site update it seems. They include the overworld, idle talking with party members, and some battle.

Bunch of large screenshots:

Also worth noting is that we see Fangmon for the first time in a non-TCG source. Hooray for highlighting obscure Digimon~

Blog Entries
    Looks like the Adventure evolves once more...

Basically a modern reboot of the original Adventure. It's 2020 now and Taichi doesn't go to summer camp, but he'll still meet Digimon regardless as he is fated to do.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Good, the more they focus on genwunners Adventure and 02, the safer Tamers is from getting "updated".
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That seems cool, hopefully it's better than all the TRI garbage.

US Friend Code
    I dunno it seems unnecessary to me.
    I don't hate the idea and will probably watch it, but I'd rather something new.

The original adventure was already perfection, it can only be worse.

Blog Entries
    The real question is whether they'll stick to Butter-Fly or pull a Cutie Honey Universe and have a completely new OP for the anniversary... :O

Blog Entries
    Toei has put up the first "Digimon Adventure Memorial Short" with English subtitles.

"To Sora" takes place a day before, and acts as a short prequel to, Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.

Takeru keeps tumbling further down into hipster abyss every time i see him

Blog Entries
    Agumon: "This will be our last Evolution!"
    Me: "Until the reboot anyways..."

Blog Entries
    Okay, a round-up of all the news regarding "Digimon Adventure: You Can (Not) Evolve" which has been confirmed for an April 5th start.

First off is the trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Next is the character profiles, some interesting tidbits in here actually.

Profiles
    Taichi Yagami: 5th grader. He is an 11-year-old with a fierce sense of responsibility who would rather act for someone else rather than for himself. When he's suddenly pulled into the internet to battle, he is able to correctly decide on what he needs to do, turning a pinch into opportunity.
    Agumon:
    Taichi's Digimon partner. He appears to know Taichi from long ago. When their hearts combine, he evolves into Greymon to release a powerful fireball. He seems to have fulfilled a major role in a great war that took place in the old internet, but...?

Yamato Ishida: 5th grader. He dove into the internet way before Taichi, and has been investigating the unknown world. He's easily misunderstood because he's a boy of few words who is always "act first, explain later," but everything he does is to protect his friends. He opposes Taichi at times, but when it comes down to it, they both trust and depend on each other.
    Gabumon:
    Yamato's Digimon partner. He understands Yamato's feelings better than anyone. When he evolves, he becomes the warrior Garurumon who excels in speed.

Sora Takenouchi: 5th grader. Taichi's childhood friend. In class, she's the "big sister" that the other girls depend on. Even when she jumps into the internet, she understands the situation and immediately works with Taichi.
    Piyomon: Sora's Digimon partner. She is like a baby who follows Sora wherever she goes. She evolves into Birdramon, who specializes in aerial battle.

Koushiro Izumi: 4th grader. He lives in the same apartment complex as Taichi. Although he has a withdrawn personality, he is knowledgeable on the internet and is good at gathering and analyzing information. An incident involving the city's loop line is what causes him and Taichi to become friends, and they both jump into the adventure together.
    Tentomon:
    Koushiro's Digimon partner. The moodmaker who speaks in a strange Kansai dialect. When he evolves into Kabuterimon, his exoskeleton strengthens giving him superior defense.

Mimi Tachikawa: 4th grader. She is a princess who consistently does her own thing, putting her own interests first. In their adventure in the unknown world, she immediately complains and tries to escape, causing extra trouble and commotion one after another. However, when she has to do something, she gets it done.
    Palmon: Mimi's Digimon partner. She evolves into Togemon. She names herself the bodyguard of her beloved Mimi, becoming Togemon who can attack in all directions.

Jou Kido:
    Sixth grader. He needs to study for his middle school exams, so is completely devoted to studying no matter where he may be. Because he is the oldest of the group, he constantly makes the effort to be the one bringing them all together.
    Gomamon:
    Jou's Digimon partner. He evolves into Ikkakumon. He covers for Jou, in his attempts at effort, one way or the other, like a perfectly dedicated wife.

Takeru Takaishi: 2nd grader. Yamato's younger brother. Due to circumstances, he is living apart from his brother, but with the incident of the first episode, he begins to possess a strange intuition.
    Patamon:
    Takeru's Digimon partner. His evolved form fulfilled a major role in a battle from ancient times.

Hikari Yagami: 2nd grader. She normally acts and says things in a way that make it seem as if she's existing in another world. In the incident of the first episode, she senses her brother Taichi's fight while he is in the internet.
    Tailmon:
    Hikari's Digimon partner. She indirectly influences Taichi and the others during battles. Where she is and why she won't appear is a mystery.

The opening theme will be "Mikakunin Hikousen" (Unidentified airship) by Tanimoto Takayoshi. Whilst the ending theme is "Kuyashisa wa Tane" (Regrets bring fruit) by Fujikawa Chiai. Plus the BGM is being done by Toshihiko Sahashi who is known for Big O, FMP, Gundam Seed etc etc.

I think that's just about everything.
    Last edited by Skull; March 6th, 2020 at 06:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Second trailer.

And the cast list has been announced:
    Taichi will be played by Yuko Sanpei.
    Yamato will be played by Daisuke Namikawa.
    Sora will be played by Ryoko Shiraishi.
    Koushiro will be played by Yumiko Kobayashi.
    Mimi will be played by Marika Kono.
    Jou will be played by Takeshi Kusa.
    Takeru will be played by Megumi Han.
    Hikari will be played by Misaki Watada.

The Digimon are (with the lone exception of Tailmon) voiced by all their original VAs as per normal.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    I can see Angewomon again without lipstick
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully the cast get their Mega again

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Hopefully the cast get their Mega again
    ...and give them personality.

Blog Entries
    It's a little late, but I'd thought I'd share it anyways.

Yesterday was the tenth anniversary of the debut of "Digimon Xros Wars", perhaps not the most popular series but still one near and dear to my heart. <3

"Digimon Xros Wars 10th Anniversary!
    10 years ago on July 6th, 2010 was the day when Episode 1 "Taiki Goes to Another World!" was broadcast.
    Congratulations, 10 year anniversary, We are Xros Heart
    Shoutmon! Ballistamon! Dorulumon! Starmons! DigiXros!"
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    I stumbled across this video explaining basically why the new Digimon TCG is exploding in popularity and it's also a fascinating deep dive into the state of Japanese TCGs of the last five or so years.

Having played the JPN Digimon TCG tutorial app with the Starter Decks, I would totally play a video game adaptation based on this game like with "Pokémon TCG: Online".
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)