Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 49121314

Thread: Like Glass (HF True, AU)(Sakura, Rin)(One-shot)

Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin
    Grief is rarely a rational emotion. And Sakura herself is hardly a shining example sanity. Reasonable and logical problem solving is probably a little beyond her at the moment.
    Last edited by JxK; February 10th, 2013 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JxK View Post
    Grief is rarely a rational emotion. And Sakura herself is hardly a shining example sanity. Reasonable and logical problem solving is probably a little beyond her at the moment.
    True, but, the fic is supposed to be about her coming to grips with two years of pain and sadness and starting her way on the road to recovery. It's not unnatural that she'd have such conflicting moments (indeed, it actually adds to the impression of brokenness without having to have some character come out and identify it in dialogue--"show, don't tell" and all of that) but it generates a kind of dangling thread and dangling threads in fiction ache to be tied up. Well, to me they do. Lots of people like dangling threads.

Blog Entries
    Gah, must have missed my post.

The 'noble woman' that keeps getting referenced by Sakura that Shirou killed is Saber, not Rin.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Gah, must have missed my post.

The 'noble woman' that keeps getting referenced by Sakura that Shirou killed is Saber, not Rin.
    Meaning Saber Alter's defeat, right? (Hm, sounds like an editing issue, then, given that the fic is about Sakura coping with Rin's death; I don't think it comes through strongly that she's referencing a different dead woman when Saber wasn't named...)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Meaning Saber Alter's defeat, right? (Hm, sounds like an editing issue, then, given that the fic is about Sakura coping with Rin's death; I don't think it comes through strongly that she's referencing a different dead woman when Saber wasn't named...)
    Yeah, that was the reference. I admit it was a bit hard to make it more obvious since I was writing things from Sakura's POV, but it's one of those things I do wish I'd done a bit more strongly in hindsight looking back at the piece.

Solves my original issue, though.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JxK View Post
    Which, and I think I made this point back when I commented before, is that way before walking out, she'd talk with Shirou, as she had talked to him about the difficult things in the route itself. So it was very OOC for her to walk out before that had occured. Maybe after, but not before trying.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    We discussed it a year ago. I very rarely find that people who resurrect threads bring startling new insights which were overlooked before. Besides which, it generally takes someone completely ignoring the old discussion to necro a thread: that's how they miss the fact that everything dates from months ago. Thus, they're even less likely to add to discussion.

This isn't an on-going 'fic, though. (Though, I think necros happen to be much worse with an on-going 'fic because you've just got everyone excited about something that seemed to be dropped starting up again).
    You should really have asked me before accusing me of ignoring previous discussion. For your information I'm doing this from a real old mobile. The type that runs out of memory when you load two pages. So the date might not show up sometimes. Furthermore I did read the entire discussion before commenting.