Page 443 of 445 FirstFirst ... 343393433438441442443444445 LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,860 of 8896

Thread: Shounen Manga (One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Beelzebub, etc.) Disscussion Thread

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Shinigami should start by aging normally then slowing down over time.
    Ichika is older than Kazui. At some point her aging will slow down just enough for Kazui to "catch up", then overtake her.
    That is if we assume there'll be a story portion/arc/whatever the focuses on them as MCs, which this doesn't look like it will? They'll be relevant sure but the Papas and Mama should still have the main spotlight.
    I would like that for sure. Boruto struggled with that balance for a while, though I think it has finally figured out where it stands vis-a-vis parent vs child relevance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finally found time to read the new Bleach "oneshot" (I don't see this not being continued in some fashion).

Feels really weird reading Bleach again, especially since it picks up pretty seamlessly from the last chapter. I'm going to assume that given the fish symbolism, the narrator is meant to be an older Kazui - considering how Ichigo lost his mother to a Hollow, you'd think Ichigo would keep a better eye on his kid if he keeps getting caught sneaking out at night. The SS reminds me a lot of the Hidden Leaf in Boruto and how technology rapidly starts advancing post-series but whatever...HELL!!! It's finally back since Chapter 12 more or less twenty years ago and as a result feels really weird that its suddenly becoming relevant now but sure. Although the Viz translation lazily wrote it as "Beasts" (also somewhat problematic as the "Beast Realm" is an unconnected thing in Bleach.) I find it interesting that the Hollows sent to Hell literally become the 餓鬼 (Hungry Ghosts) from Buddhism that Kubo based the Hollows in Bleach as a concept off. Anyways, Sawyer Apoptosis or whatever his name is back for some exposition before getting shanked by Ukitake which makes me curious as to who side the Captains-turned-Demons are on. Wonder if Ichigo is going to become part Demon himself during this journey so he can complete his set.

So yeah, wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. Kubo really does come across better when not under a weekly crunch. Will wait warmly for some kind of continuation.
    Last edited by Skull; August 14th, 2021 at 04:36 PM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Welp, Red Hood has been officially axed, but it went out with style, if nothing else. I'm bummed that Kawaguchi-sensei wasn't able to tell the story they wanted to, but clearly, they have the ability, so whatever they put out next, I will read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Finally found time to read the new Bleach "oneshot" (I don't see this not being continued in some fashion).

Feels really weird reading Bleach again, especially since it picks up pretty seamlessly from the last chapter. I'm going to assume that given the fish symbolism, the narrator is meant to be an older Kazui - considering how Ichigo lost his mother to a Hollow, you'd think Ichigo would keep a better eye on his kid if he keeps getting caught sneaking out at night. The SS reminds me a lot of the Hidden Leaf in Boruto and how technology rapidly starts advancing post-series but whatever...HELL!!! It's finally back since Chapter 12 more or less twenty years ago and as a result feels really weird that its suddenly becoming relevant now but sure. Although the Viz translation lazily wrote it as "Beasts" (also somewhat problematic as the "Beast Realm" is an unconnected thing in Bleach.) I find it interesting that the Hollows sent to Hell literally become the 餓鬼 (Hungry Ghosts) from Buddhism that Kubo based the Hollows in Bleach as a concept off. Anyways, Sawyer Apoptosis or whatever his name is back for some exposition before getting shanked by Ukitake which makes me curious as to who side the Captains-turned-Demons are on. Wonder if Ichigo is going to become part Demon himself during this journey so he can complete his set.

So yeah, wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. Kubo really does come across better when not under a weekly crunch. Will wait warmly for some kind of continuation.
    Also, when I first read the one-shot after not reading Bleach in 5 years, I didn't love it, but after rereading the manga and coming to see that the Thousand Year Blood War arc actually wasn't that bad and that most things in Bleach made some sort of sense, I enjoyed it much more, and I hope Kubo will develop a sequel story starring Kazui on his own terms, maybe exploring Hell, maybe dealing with the secrets of Soul Society that were alluded to in the Thousand Year Blood War arc and expanded on in Can't Fear Your Own World, or anything along those lines. Kubo on his own terms is actually a damn good writer and illustrator.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)

so with the last one-shot with cliffhanger, anime might be there to boost popularity and then kubo might announce continuation of bleach
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

I'm looking forward to it if there will be a continuation of the one-shot. I'd like to see the adventures of Kazui, Ichika, and maybe a couple of others like Nemuri Hachigen.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Those shots look way too polished with all those lighting highlights. And a couple of them feel kinda fan-animated with the really obvious clothing-in-the-wind cycle. I very much doubt those moments will look like that when we get to them in the anime proper.
    But I am looking forward to it. 10 months. For what I hope to be at most a 50-52 episode endeavor with no filler, though knowing Pierrot I can easily see this turning into a Boruto situation especially if Kubo is actually following up on that one-shot.
    burn your dread you coward

Those shots look way too polished with all those lighting highlights. And a couple of them feel kinda fan-animated with the really obvious clothing-in-the-wind cycle. I very much doubt those moments will look like that when we get to them in the anime proper.
    But I am looking forward to it. 10 months. For what I hope to be at most a 50-52 episode endeavor with no filler, though knowing Pierrot I can easily see this turning into a Boruto situation especially if Kubo is actually following up on that one-shot.
    The clothing in the wind stuff felt hyper-stylized, like it was meant specifically meant for a PV.

Also, I wouldn't mind if it does become another Boruto situation, at least towards the end, because the end was obviously rushed. I hope we learn why Ywach captured Hallibel/Harribel to begin with and what Haschwalth saw before he died.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant

That is quite the montage.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    The clothing in the wind stuff felt hyper-stylized, like it was meant specifically meant for a PV.
    The staff for this PV isn't the same as the anime, so the show is probably going to look vastly different.
    Not even the director was the same and it's likely the composition was done by a different studio as well.

The character designer is the same though so you can probably expect the same on that front.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This kind of recap video is the thing that shows I cared about Bleach a lot more than I remembered I did.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It's nostalgic.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Considering I read the entire manga, which is better, 3 months ago, this felt kinda annoying.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    You mean the montage?
    It was very well put together and reminded me of that time I spent like a week watching Bleach round the clock to catch up.
    I did that with Bleach and One Piece some 10 years ago, good times.
    Then about a year later I watched Fate/Zero and never looked back.
    ​Man... has it really been that long...?

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    While we're at the topic of Bleach I have a question for those more in the know than me.

just in case
    After Ichigo's dad is revealed as a Soul Reaper and beats Kingfisher, it goes off to someone who is described as its 'boss'. What's up with him? I understood it that it was someone who created Hollows. Did Kubo foreshadow some kind of arc but dropped it after Soul Society's popularity? Was that guy Aizen?

I'm just kind of confused since I believe that scene was never followed up on again, and am curious whether it was ever clarified what it was all about.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Wouldn't be the first time Kubo hints at something that is dropped or forgotten but in that case it's probably Aizen, he did use the Hougyoku to create the Arrancar himself.

It was definitely Aizen Isshin was describing, because Aizen created most of the Arrancar in that arc, including Grand Fisher(even if not directly).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dr. Stone is over.

It had some rough patches once the world travel started and I hated the pacing leading to this last stretch, but it still managed to get a really satisfying conclusion.
    I loved the truth about the petrification, and while this last chapter was a little silly, it works as a closing statement for the theme of the series.

Anyway, great manga. I'll miss it.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It was a great read; Senku the GOAT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3