Page 1526 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 52610261426147615161521152415251526152715281531153615761626 ... LastLast
Results 30,501 to 30,520 of 37803

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Oh. Right. I guess Mash would kiss the ground where Artoria stood then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I'd say Mash isn't tall enough to pull off the cape look, but Artoria manages it.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

That, or she could have a hybrid of Gawain's armor and Artoria's Battle Ballgown.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Well Gawain was King Arthur’s Faker after all.

So under Heartless' conditions, Gawain could potentially be summoned as a Faker Class Servant? Also, could he be used as an intermediary to try a similar plan as to what Heartless intended to accomplish with Faker?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    So under Heartless' conditions, Gawain could potentially be summoned as a Faker Class Servant? Also, could he be used as an intermediary to try a similar plan as to what Heartless intended to accomplish with Faker?
    Yes. nope.
    Don't think we have a lot of coins with Arthur's face on them
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Yes. nope.
    Wonder who could pull off heartless, a lot of roman emperor's honestly? i suppose egyptian pharoahs as well.
    Last edited by Byegod; April 27th, 2020 at 07:35 AM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I'm sure if the writers really wanted to, they could just have some mages dig some up in a "never before discovered" archaeological find, in a similar vein to the Einzberns excavating Avalon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Misogynistic Mash

Spoiler:

what aspects of Darnic's character do you think would still be worth exploring in either materials or TM works?

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    what aspects of Darnic's character do you think would still be worth exploring in either materials or TM works?
    I'd want a Third Holy Grail War Material tbh

US Friend Code
    This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apo mats
    If he never managed to get a hold of the Holy Grail and had simply lived as an ordinary magus, the personality of “Darnic Prestone” would have completely diluted away after living for two hundred years, until only a steel-like magus with the name “Yggdmillennia” was left.
    I could see him potentially being involved in the Grail dismantling post-FSN, if he'd still be after the Grail by that point.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Speaking of Darnic, random headcanon.

So Fiore's Bronze Link Manipulators has four limbs, but within Apocrypha, only three are shown in use and named: Jupiter: Tin Arm of Protection, Mars: Iron Arm of War, and Saturn: Lead Arm of Roaring. This is a callback to the seven metals of Antiquity (gold, silver, copper, tin, lead, iron, and mercury), each associated with one of the seven classical "planets", hence the different planets-metals pairs for the limbs.

So what's the name of the unnamed fourth limb? My headcanon is that it's Venus: Copper Arm of Love(?). Why Venus instead of the Sun, the Moon, or Mercury? Symmetry. The association between Jupiter and Saturn is obvious, it's father and son who fought. So Mars and Venus, frequently put into opposition, makes sense.

Also, I'm no mineralogist, but gold and silver don't fit with the others (and bronze) due to being considered precious metals, while mercury is its own weird thing (and already used by fellow Eulyphis magus Kayneth, so Fiore probably wanted not to copy it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    This:

I could see him potentially being involved in the Grail dismantling post-FSN, if he'd still be after the Grail by that point.
    I honestly thought he died in the FSN Third Grail War. Yggdmillenia has long collapsed in FSF.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think the Third had any survivors aside from Zouken, honestly.

Tokiomi's parents and Luvia's grandma survived.

- - - Updated - - -

The Second is the one that apparently had no survivors?

I've always wondered bout zouken's crest worms

Did zouken have them back in the 1800s/whenever the grail war ? like was it some stop gap to save himself or just a modified magic or what he already used or something new?

He had them by then for sure. I think he may have had them for close to 500 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    He had them by then for sure. I think he may have had them for close to 500 years.
    Maybe, I was just wondering how the statement of the 'einzberns and zolgen family are inherently evil' works, considering there goals but also the crest worms which makes me go ????

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Maybe, I was just wondering how the statement of the 'einzberns and zolgen family are inherently evil' works, considering there goals but also the crest worms which makes me go ????
    I mean I don't think that their being inherently evil was ever said straight out. But having a great and noble goal doesn't mean much if the method of reaching it is Vile.

Gil just wanted humans to be great and reach their potential- by killing 99% of the population in a mass of curses.