Page 1537 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 53710371437148715271532153515361537153815391542154715871637 ... LastLast
Results 30,721 to 30,740 of 37820

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Blog Entries
    I feel you guys are kinda underselling Sigma a bit. Yeah in concept Sigma sucks, but in practice I feel nartia does a good job with him. His internalization, his whole man vs self conflict and his parallels with the hero journey.

Honestly If Nartia just spend so more downtime with Sigma during vol 4 where he hangs out with zealot, Riche, and Ayaka. I think he'll be a much stronger character.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What really makes Sigma work is his humor, honestly. It's hard to take his stated soullessness at face value when he's being constantly framed as a just a clueless man completely serious about the bullshit he speaks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    What really makes Sigma work is his humor, honestly. It's hard to take his stated soullessness at face value when he's being constantly framed as a just a clueless man completely serious about the bullshit he speaks.
    Oh yeah I remember in vol 4 Sigma told Ayaka a joke and Ayaka didn't understand if Sigma was actually joking. Honestly I rather have more mansion antics than Fila flexing on buzzcola and alcides.

Now that I think about it buzzcola and alcides are really just there to hype the heros and villians. Which most likely means they would job to {spoiler} to show how sTrOnG and iNtiMating they are

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I like his goal of being a deathbed comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, if Narita will do this just like Durarara, Sigma will turn into an antagonist who is a protagonist wannabe, not realizing that Ayaka (fake) is the true protagonist of the series.

But then again this is Fate/, so I can't jump to that insane conclusion yet. I still have to see what will he do with Alcides now that he got another NP that is a pain in the foot to even be stopped.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

US Friend Code
    I'm going to be completely honest with you all I tend to forget Sigma exists when I'm not reading a scene with him in it.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I'm going to be completely honest with you all I tend to forget Sigma exists when I'm not reading a scene with him in it.
    Just like all other stock LN protag levels of forgetfulness?
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

US Friend Code
    I guess so. I tend to think of Ayaka as the protagonist of SF more than Sigma though.

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I guess so. I tend to think of Ayaka as the protagonist of SF more than Sigma though.
    True. Though to me it seems like a "Fate/Zero" situation here: all heroes are main heroes and get enouth attention to count as ones. Again, some receive more attention then others, Ayaka, Sigma, Bazdelot, etc.

>coronavirus
    >murder hornets
    >cannibal rats
    >escaped convid19 monkeys

What are the chances that Gaia is actively trying to kill us all?

When was te last time magic being painful got mentioned

I feel like it's been years, and I just mean it being inherently painful, not 'overusing magic hurts' which is a common trope

Not like we have much of a viewpoint of someone who uses magic any time recently.

also almost all the characters in FSF are largely forgettable or feel way too try hard for their role or trope. Very shoved down our throats. But it’s not like we haven’t seen that before in say FZ

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    >coronavirus
    >murder hornets
    >cannibal rats
    >escaped convid19 monkeys

What are the chances that Gaia is actively trying to kill us all?
    This is all stuff that started shortly after Tsubaki kicked Pale Rider, the character who canonically can do all that, away from her. Gaia is innocent this time.

Blog Entries
    Man in terms of Grands Romulus really got shafted. Like when a Grand servant appears in a story it's usually the climaxed point of the story and supported by some sick visuals and music. Whether be KH epic display of power, Solomon's sacrifice or Orion's drama filled final attack. All of these moments are the highlight of each chapter but what does good old ROMA gets? Just a sprite change with some special effect and overall really didn't contribute much in the story. Mean yeah he was valuable in defeating super mecha god zeus but ares kinda stole the thunder. And it's not like a KH and eresh situation where both are important in separate ways (where one has the right location and the other has the pure power). Ares and Romulus just both kinda beat zeus up

At least his god emperor personality is pretty cool.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    Man in terms of Grands Romulus really got shafted. Like when a Grand servant appears in a story it's usually the climaxed point of the story and supported by some sick visuals and music. Whether be KH epic display of power, Solomon's sacrifice or Orion's drama filled final attack. All of these moments are the highlight of each chapter but what does good old ROMA gets? Just a sprite change with some special effect and overall really didn't contribute much in the story. Mean yeah he was valuable in defeating super mecha god zeus but ares kinda stole the thunder. And it's not like a KH and eresh situation where both are important in separate ways (where one has the right location and the other has the pure power). Ares and Romulus just both kinda beat zeus up

At least his god emperor personality is pretty cool.
    I agree that Roma is underwhelming in term of spotlight, but gramps had the weakest showcase in the game. He went in, do the death strike to Tiamat, got downgraded to servant lvl, ask to join the fight and vanished from the screen by that point, never show up afterwards. Not even a farewell line like Orion and Roma had.

The anime expanded a lot on his role, showing that eventhough he lost his Grand saint graph, he was still able to fight the jojo Lahmus, and even when his NP is sealed when he entered Nega Genesis, had multiple holes in his body, he could still fight like nothing is bothering him.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, Hassan got a good enough part, it’s just that it happened in Camelot instead of Babylonia.
    Last edited by Comun; June 10th, 2020 at 04:34 AM.

Plus the parts had gravitas, which romulus only kinda has?

Like the concept of romulus quirinus is good, but some of the stuff they've done is kinda dumb.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    No, Hassan got a good enough part, it’s just that it happened in Camelot instead of Babylonia.
    Well duh. But Glazy is talking about his big entrance in Babylonia, not Camelot. He shows up mainly to downgrade Tiamat, and in that regard he was not very different from Roma as a plot device, but worse because he did not do anything else after that, we had to assume he was jumping here and there stabbing Tiamat for some damage until the anime explored more on his contribution. The tension and feeling of despair during Tiamat fight is so far the highest in all chapters (maybe ORT's fight in LB7 will match that hopefully), and gramps did his best given his massive loss of power after the initial strike, but the lack of any form of send off is a disservice.

To me it's Solomon > Gramps >= Orion > Roma if you count all of their character moments and development in the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Plus the parts had gravitas, which romulus only kinda has?

Like the concept of romulus quirinus is good, but some of the stuff they've done is kinda dumb.
    Roma's thunder rivals that of Zeus, cancelling his strongest form of attack, he also provides power boost for the crew and protect the crew with defensive fields. After Zeus is dead he gave boost to send the crew close to Chaos. He did good parts, just that the way they wrote him out of the picture is extremely sudden and not satisfying, so naturally his entire contribution felt really abrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Well duh. But Glazy is talking about his big entrance in Babylonia, not Camelot. He shows up mainly to downgrade Tiamat, and in that regard he was not very different from Roma as a plot device, but worse because he did not do anything else after that, we had to assume he was jumping here and there stabbing Tiamat for some damage until the anime explored more on his contribution. The tension and feeling of despair during Tiamat fight is so far the highest in all chapters (maybe ORT's fight in LB7 will match that hopefully), and gramps did his best given his massive loss of power after the initial strike, but the lack of any form of send off is a disservice.

To me it's Solomon > Gramps >= Orion > Roma if you count all of their character moments and development in the story.

Roma's thunder rivals that of Zeus, cancelling his strongest form of attack, he also provides power boost for the crew and protect the crew with defensive fields. After Zeus is dead he gave boost to send the crew close to Chaos. He did good parts, just that the way they wrote him out of the picture is extremely sudden and not satisfying, so naturally his entire contribution felt really abrupt.

Yeah he's in like 1 or 2 chapters at most? and he didnt even get a CG right?

The closest thing is when he makes the "bridge" to Chaos, but then that doesn't show him, so no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.