Page 1543 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 54310431443149315331538154115421543154415451548155315931643 ... LastLast
Results 30,841 to 30,860 of 37807

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Actually in non-Extra worlds, Sefar landed on the moon first and wiped out Crimson Moon's kingdom, then once she got strong enough she came down to Earth and wreck the ancient civilizations.
    I don't remember that ever being mentioned. Where?

JP Friend Code
    It's a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post

Give me intimate stories about damaged people or give me death.
    do you have a fetish for seeing emotional or mental suffering by any chance? what is wrong with telling a story that doesnt require those elements?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    do you have a fetish for seeing emotional or mental suffering by any chance? what is wrong with telling a story that doesnt require those elements?
    Because characters who don't go through it aren't as interesting.

Has FGO lately gotten more into Rits' head compared to earlier periods in it?

It's within one's rights to find one kind of adversity or challenge, such as emotional pain, more interesting than others as a story element. I probably wouldn't like Macbeth if the lead couple were just jackasses whose only problem is how to get away with killing so many people. To me, it doesn't entail a "fetish," let alone a desire to see anyone suffer in real life.
    Last edited by Walnut Sparks; June 21st, 2020 at 01:32 PM.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    I probably wouldn't like Macbeth if the lead couple were just jackasses whose only problem is how to get away with killing so many people.
    I take it you don't like Titus Andronicus then
    Last edited by Zork Knight; June 21st, 2020 at 01:55 PM.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    It's within one's rights to find one kind of adversity or challenge, such as emotional pain, more interesting than others as a story element. I probably wouldn't like Macbeth if the lead couple were just jackasses whose only problem is how to get away with killing so many people. To me, it doesn't entail a "fetish," let alone a desire to see anyone suffer in real life.
    But it does mean every story has to be like that, or that a story is bad because it doesn't have these elements.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Myself, I don't think it's as good as MacBeth, but characterising Titus Andronicus as just "jerkasses trying to get away with murder" is very unfair to it.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Myself, I don't think it's as good as MacBeth, but characterising Titus Andronicus as just "jerkasses trying to get away with murder" is very unfair to it.
    I suppose it's better to put it as "jerkasses trying to get back at jerkasses trying to get away with rape and murder"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code

- - - Updated - - -

"Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, first sentence.

It can also be broadly applied to protagonists and characters, a happy character isn't really interesting to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Well... To tie it back to the original argument, I suppose the most appropriate description would be "a collection of deeply flawed individuals and unrepentant jerks getting back at each other in a horrifying cycle of revenge, so possibly it's less that the individuals are flawed and more that the system in itself is flawed".

Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, first sentence.
    and how many characters in individual Fate stories are directly related to each other?

heck, Darnic's missmatched clan were actually on good terms with each other. while of course each should have had more screen time, none of them were people with massive PTSD nor did they have a bad relationship with each other and each of them still proved / had the potential to be entertaining to read about by themselves by virtue of their interactions with others

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    It does, there is even a recurring cast that evolves through the story for that reason. I would even argue that ultimately FGO focus is more about the characters than the actual lore.
    yet another good reason to not have a blank self insert, even if they have gotten more distinct lately

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    and how many characters in individual Fate stories are directly related to each other?

heck, Darnic's missmatched clan were actually on good terms with each other. while of course each should have had more screen time, none of them were people with massive PTSD nor did they have a bad relationship with each other and each of them still proved / had the potential to be entertaining to read about by themselves by virtue of their interactions with others
    Darnic's mismatched clan still has conflicts and arguments break out between members. And it was noted in entries about it about how ramshackle it really was, especially with various families being ready to fight over the scraps if/when it fell apart.

Heck the only reason we see the Masters in Team Black work together is because Fiore is there being the cheerful glue in keeping the team effort from falling apart, and we see her brother and others noting the strains of leadership on her there, especially after Darnic dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Not particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    But it does mean every story has to be like that, or that a story is bad because it doesn't have these elements.
    No, but I think it's okay for someone to strongly prefer stories with those elements. To me it's like asking what's your favorite ice cream flavor.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Finally some intelligent FGO discussion.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Iron Man of the people, I approve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I am in awe

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can anybody who speaks Japanese please give some idea what they're talking about here? Because that looks really weird, and I'm kind of curious for the context.

who is the most "mama" servant? What constitutes of mama-ness? How do we measure mama-ness? Being nice? Unconditional love and acceptance? Being harsh sometimes? Being able to take care of you?

Who knows, I choose Raikou mama. She is tall (headcanon), nice, strong, and has big boobs.

And as Stark in the video above indicated, Raikou mama can apparently cure cancer now.

Also I don't consider Europa mama type, she is grandma type, a bit different
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; June 23rd, 2020 at 08:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mean in terms of servant Raikou is the mom-est but in terms of moms in general I have to go with Kaiju mama Tiamat