Page 1557 of 1892 FirstFirst ... 55710571457150715471552155515561557155815591562156716071657 ... LastLast
Results 31,121 to 31,140 of 37826

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Doesn't his Master prevent him from using the real one?
    You know that was just to hype things up for when the real deal inevitably showed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    The problem is that at the end of the fight, when Gil finally decides to get serious, he goes straight for Ea. Correct me if this has changed and I just missed it, but I think Ea is still supposed to be the pinnacle of Gil's arsenal. Given how reticent he is about using Ea—in the previous scene, he explicitly says "I won't use it on you because that would sully it"—you'd think he wouldn't resort to it unless he absolutely has to. Hell, when he takes it out, he literally says "I did not think I wouldhave to use my sword against you".
    In the novel, he had already used Ea on Shirou. He does say something to the effect of "Man, I shouldn't have used this on you, you're a scrub".

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    But if that's a problem for you, I don't see why it wasn't always the case. Even in FSN there are items he could've used instead of EA. His armor and the mirror shield, for example.
    I dunno. I never really got the whole "once he decided to go all-out, he should've put on his armor" thing. Yes, he clearly should've had his armor on from the beginning if he was actually taking the fight seriously; but at the point where he's been cornered by Shirou and thinks "oh shit, I need to get serious now", putting on his armor doesn't make sense unless he thinks he's in immediate danger of getting hit by the literal next attack, and doesn't have time for anything else (which he clearly wasn't expecting, given how surprised he was that Shirou managed to cut his arm off before he could use Ea). Otherwise, putting on his armor is just a waste of time and magical energy; it doesn't actually do anything to proactively deal with the threat in front of him.

By "mirror shield", do you mean the NP he used against Illya in Fate? Or is there some other NP I'm forgetting?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    In the novel, he had already used Ea on Shirou. He does say something to the effect of "Man, I shouldn't have used this on you, you're a scrub".
    That's fair. I guess this is also the fault of later works retroactively making "Gil uses Ea" more of a big deal. I remember the Ufo anime changed that scene to him fending off the Grail instead, because Gil taking out Ea just to flex on Shirou no longer made as much sense in-character as it did back in 2004.
    Last edited by Holiday; July 21st, 2020 at 08:43 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm talking about the one he used against Illya.

I always kinda assumed that one only reflected magic, not swords. Did we ever actually find out what NP it was supposed to be? Or is it just another nameless treasure like Gil's armor?

so when is Mash going to turn heel?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    fine, but I point stands, some of the servants being A rank in a parameter sometimes just degrades the legend of other heroes, especially when the other heroes' legend has much more powerful feats. Sure Lu Bu is the most powerful man in China for a time and Beowulf killed a dragon and monsters with his bare hands but how does that compare to Hercules when he held the heaven in place of Atlas? What about Caligula? What inhuman feats does he have to have A+ rank in STR? What about Spartacus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Ishtar is also a goddess of war, lest you forget.
    Don't forget D'Eon and Abby.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I always kinda assumed that one only reflected magic, not swords. Did we ever actually find out what NP it was supposed to be? Or is it just another nameless treasure like Gil's armor?
    I don't think they've ever named it.

US Friend Code
    Abby has spooky cthulhu powers backing her up.

idk d'Eon. Vive la France.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I always figured that was meant to be the stength of her tentacles, but it's not actually stated anywhere.

Also while we're at it, Li Shuwen, Brave Liz (B rank), Charles Babbage (B++), Mecha Liz (A rank).
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

That implies that there's nothing in the gap between "regular swords which Shirou can copy" and "literally Ea" which Gil can take out in order to win. The only way that scene works given how reluctant Gil is to use Ea is if there's nothing lesser he can ramp up to when he "gets serious" which will take care of Shirou. And, given the state of the Gate of Babylon today, that's just patently false. There's all kinds of nonsense in there which he could've taken out once he decided "I'm gonna stop holding back" which would've beaten Shirou without having to resort to Ea.
    No, it really doesn't. He's literally been pushed back to where he's gonna die, and he's overcome with rage at shirou's arrogance and is just in disbelief about how he could possibly lose here. The fact that he decides to pull out Ea which pretty much always grants him the win, even though it will "sully" it by using against Shirou absolutely still makes sense. Even more so than him pulling out like some weird conceptual bullshit NP that would just amount to him having to face off against Shirou for even longer, rather than just definitely ending the battle then and there. In fact, even though they've expanded GoB's arsenal, we've also pretty much explicitly been told that Gil doesn't even know all the stuff he has in there, so when he's on the brink of death and is so enraged he can barely think straight, do you really think it would make more sense for him to think about what bullshit item he could pull out so that he doesn't have to use Ea on Shirou, rather than just instinctively go for the one item he knows will save him and trusts entirely?

This is such a stretch, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Brave Liz (B rank)
    Dragon + Saber container.

Charles Babbage (B++), Mecha Liz (A rank)
    Robots.

Li Shuwen
    Yeah, I can't justify d'Éon or this one lmao

Li Shuwen trained so hard the power of his ki infused punches are (supposed to be) 1 hit ko's

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    B as in BAJI QUAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    Remember when Excalibur was not something that you can spam with a tree branch every 2 seconds until shit dies with no cooldown?
    It’s probably like little boudica blasts maybe. Either that or isn’t Fake Ayaka suppose to have some sort of cheat supply going on.

Really a beam is very dial an amount so it could just be golden slashes for all we know. Although really hyping up Richard’s excalipoor as an Excalibur is funny because you need to give him a holy sword/super np sword to make his beams on the level of!.,,

a standard holy sword.

sure holy sword tier is pretty damn impressive but lol. Just a normal sword beam with a bunch of hoops to jump through.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Li Shuwen trained so hard the power of his ki infused punches are (supposed to be) 1 hit ko's
    Yeah, Parameters in general don't necessarily reflect only raw physical power, they also reflect things like skill and training.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bit late but

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Chicago Blackhawks the hockey team?
    Named after a local Infantry Division the founder was a member of in WW1, which is in turn named after a famous Sauk Leader.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Rare to hear that, sorta.

honestly almost every single kit of Strange Fake is a disappointment and/or lazy hamfisted ways of attempted wank compared to what’s been theorized or expected.

Some of it is fan fiction.net tier honestly.

Oh really? Mean from what I seen the only servant kits that people have problem with are usually Alcides, Zealot and Perlati. Everyone else seems really receive well.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Richard's buddies are dumb but I like Fakecalibur.

I like both, and really complaining about "fanfic" at this point with a lot of FGO servant profiles is funny to me, all of current fate stuff if fanfiction tier by that standard.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    You don't have to like the status quo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3