Page 1566 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 56610661466151615561561156415651566156715681571157616161666 ... LastLast
Results 31,301 to 31,320 of 37810

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Shatterpoints in star wars i think were like that as well? and also some weird precog thing as well

Shatterpoints were basically two different things which shared the same name. The first type were where a Jedi used the Force to map out the internal structure of an object and identify its weak points, then overloaded those weak points with the Force to destroy the whole thing in one blow. Kinda like reinforcement magecraft, but with the opposite outcome.

The second type combined the technique of "mapping out the structure and finding the weak points" with the Jedi's precog to find events, people, etc, that if destroyed will trigger the destruction of a larger phenomenon. For example, before the Clone Wars started, Mace Windu used this technique to identify Count Dooku as one of the "shatterpoints" of the coming war, meaning that if he killed him, he could prevent the war from starting. With this type, the Force only provided the information about where the weak point is; the Jedi had to destroy it themselves, but shooting or stabbing it or whatever.
    Last edited by Holiday; August 15th, 2020 at 06:03 AM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    so after HF3 movie is there any hope for Ufotable to working on 'vampire' story anime?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Not now

Current Fate direction would have to die down.

Blog Entries
    Please wait warmly for an OVA of that dantes backstory thing where he kills Roa to establish edgy OC cred
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    While actually reading Shatterpoint the novel, I got the impression that it was just Mace's philosphy thing that had nothing to do with the Force at all. Maybe they took it and expanded it because it was one of the better ones. Remember Shatterpoint the novel from EU that came out shortly after Attack of the Clones and was actually kind of good unlike Attack of the Clones? Buy our Rey figurines they're about to turn into tsukumogami oh god help

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    so after HF3 movie is there any hope for Ufotable to working on 'vampire' story anime?
    biggest obstacle between ufo and a tsuki anime is kinoko nasu not releasing the damn remake

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It just occurred to me how poetically fitting it is that Kirei attempted to kill Kiritsugu by crushing his heart, but failed because of Avalon, and then Kiritsugu tried to kill Kirei by shooting him through the heart, but failed because of the Grail.

And the more I think about it, the more thematically appropriate it becomes.
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    SHOT THROUGH THE HEART
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    otp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    dan, dan, dan. it's all connected!

- - - Updated - - -

you can even argue that caster of zero and SN affection and devotion for their ''loved one'' that they would do any means possible to achieve their goal for them is a backpat to each other
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

Banned
    Blog Entries
    We need Abby in a Fate console game. We need more Fate console games. We need more Fate console games on Switch as to not be reliant of Sony's censorship policies. Warriors Orochi 4 has Nobunaga flex his shotacon muscles by taking Nezha as another "retainer" along with Ranmaru. In F/GO, Ranmaru is not yet a Servant, while both Nobu and Nezha are genderbent. Yuri time?

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Not now

Current Fate direction would have to die down.
    What does Ufotable have to do with Grand Order (much less the rest of the franchise) beyond the occasional promo video a couple minutes long? Technically they could easily do Nasu's vampire story while the game goes on. And it's not like Prillya and Strange/Fake are actually moving anywhere anyway either, not to mention it's not like Ufotable would be touching them regardless. Requiem will surely get a different eventual animation studios as well, and Hollow Ataraxia is pretty much unadaptable. They won't make more Extra anime after Last Encore's relative flop, and from the game remake we've seen Type-Moon's too pussy now to touch back on CCC.

I have a hard time thinking of a fitting Fate project left for Ufotable to do.
    Last edited by OverMaster; August 20th, 2020 at 09:31 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Fragments and Prototype?

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I'm not sure Type-Moon really wants to go back to the Prototype/Fragments well. They even seem to go out of their way to subtly remark of Ayaka as useless, and by now Arthur in GO and his plotline seem like sort of an unwanted minor appendage they want to pretend it's not there. The recent Part 2 video somehow gives me the impression Camelot Lostbelt would be about Castoria's world rather than Arthur's.

Apocrypha is a wrapped thing, and while their characters will stick around, the story itself is a thing of the past.

There's never been any indication that Lostbelt 6 would be about Arthur
    His beast hunt will probably continue anyway

US Friend Code
    I still think fairy girl looks like a Manaka Pseudo but with Castoria present in LB6 Arthur is very unlikely to show up too, so maybe she isn't Manaka after all.

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    support Extra record to encourage TM to remake CCC
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    While actually reading Shatterpoint the novel, I got the impression that it was just Mace's philosphy thing that had nothing to do with the Force at all. Maybe they took it and expanded it because it was one of the better ones.
    Yeah, it was expanded and turned into a more codified ability in later works, so that it could be learned by characters from later eras who had no connection to Mace. Off the top of my head, Jacen and Jaina Solo and Cade Skywalker all learned it at some point.

A very serious post about mental health in our community.

what kind of traumatic event leads someone to go from posting "umu" to posting "uwu"?

this is important. what can we do to prevent this?