Page 1614 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 61411141514156416041609161216131614161516161619162416641714 ... LastLast
Results 32,261 to 32,280 of 37820

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    No, you need to have magic circuits for that. (Which it's possible someone uninitiated might potentially possess, but they still wouldn't know how to use them).

Either way, the existence of a new way to compel someone to do what you want (you know, on top of all the others like "do it or die", "do it or you won't be able to feed your family", "do it and I'll give you a tasty sweet") does not diminish free will in the slightest. The person doing the compelling is still exercising their free will to compel someone else.
    Not to argue for any of two viewpoints, but in your cases the person can still choose to spit in a demander's face and get killed.

Hypnosis is just a more coercive form of social manipulation. People are constantly being made to do stuff they don't want to because they think that's just the way it is and has to be, it doesn't necessarily say anything about free will just because now it's a type of magic rather than carefully worded manipulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

I guess i should rephrase
    The agency of 'muggles' so to speak.

And I do agree somewhat, we already manipulate agency in many ways, but unlike IRL magi can literally erase memories directly, control your body and so on.

And if you dont have circuits your SOL
    Last edited by Byegod; September 29th, 2021 at 09:56 AM.

Remake
    TsukiRe seems to have nerfed memory erasure if even Ciel cant delete Shikis memories after 2 days.

Or maybe memory erasure is only nerfed in tsukiworlds. Rin had no problems deleting 2 days of grail war from Shirous mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if you have circuits you can be Shit out of luck. Then again Shirou sucks.

Rin could take away Shirou memories of those 2 days because, well, it just reset everything to his everyday life. And even then, even TAIGA could sense that something was missing.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Remake
    TsukiRe seems to have nerfed memory erasure if even Ciel cant delete Shikis memories after 2 days.

Or maybe memory erasure is only nerfed in tsukiworlds. Rin had no problems deleting 2 days of grail war from Shirous mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if you have circuits you can be Shit out of luck. Then again Shirou sucks.
    Remake
    I thought the actual reason was because the gap between memories becomes too glaring to ignore. Understandably so for Shiki who recently just moved in.

TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THIS POST

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Two weeks or no, it would be best to spoilertag Remake info on the forum outside the spoilers thread until everyone decides they don't care anymore, per Mahoyo's example.
    I realise that there hasn't been an official announcement regarding a specific Remake spoiler policy, but the rules of the forum still include this part:

Quote Originally Posted by Rules View Post
    • What's the policy on spoilers?

With one exception, BL has a simple and overarching rule: if it isn't comprehensively translated into English yet (officially or unofficially), use spoiler tags. This means that if something's only been summarised - or had a few sentences translated - it's still verboten for open discussion. But as, for example, each English Fate/Apocrypha chapter is released, you can start talking about it happily. (For Fate/EXTRA CCC, this means you should use spoiler tags for everything not covered by the English Let's Play and a few scenes filled in by the translation forum: notably, the CCC route's unique events are therefore still under embargo).

The exception is Fate/Grand Order, which has its own spoiler policy, as detailed here.
    So until further notice from staff (or until an MTL hash makes it necessary to redefine what constitutes "English translation") please use spoiler tags for Remake content outside the designated spoiler threads.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    recently ufotable uploaded Fate/Zero PV on youtube.

anyone knows why?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    10th anniversary of the anime.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Epiphany of the day: The lore on Nasu's Aztec gods is the same lore as the Stand arrows. Empowering viruses brought to Earth on a meteorite. And there's a 90% chance Nasu chose the Aztec gods specifically for that because of the Pillar Man aesthetics.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    That makes too much sense, and I must use it for a JoJo crossover. Also, I'm fairly sure the Pillar Men were the Aztec gods in the original universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Did the Aztec gods get attracted to Earth by the spiritual potential of its creatures?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Epiphany of the day: The lore on Nasu's Aztec gods is the same lore as the Stand arrows. Empowering viruses brought to Earth on a meteorite. And there's a 90% chance Nasu chose the Aztec gods specifically for that because of the Pillar Man aesthetics.
    where can I upvote this post. Bigbrain showerthought.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

US Friend Code
    Given Zelretch vs CM is explicitly a Jotaro vs Dio reference I completely believe that's intentional.

I always wonder what he meant by that, given Zelretch doesn't seem too much like Jotaro personalitywise, and he defeated CM with a magic cannon, not a punch rush.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, that definitely makes Arcueid Giorno, and both even have some plant powers.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I always wonder what he meant by that, given Zelretch doesn't seem too much like Jotaro personalitywise, and he defeated CM with a magic cannon, not a punch rush.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, that definitely makes Arcueid Giorno, and both even have some plant powers.
    Young Zelretch was the violent, hair-trigger temper rebel part 3 Jotaro, current Zelretch is the wise, stoic, experienced mentor part 4-6 Jotaro.

Ah, I see. I thought Zel was more eccentric than Jotaro ever could be, though I could be very wrong.

I was joking. I don't know Zelretch lore very well.

Iirc KT says Zel picked a fight with CM over a mere dislike. So hair-triggered might not be wrong...

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    That makes too much sense, and I must use it for a JoJo crossover. Also, I'm fairly sure the Pillar Men were the Aztec gods in the original universe.
    But which way would you go? Kars in Babylonia, or Quetz vs Nazis cyborgs?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Kars in Babylonia and depending on future info LB7. He fits better there than Quetz in Battle Tendency IMO. I'd also imagine him with a rabid hatred and fear of Sefar and Altera. Also, Kars in the Nasuverse would have some fairly interesting ramifications because his ultimate form is basically Archetype Earth, and he'd likely have complex feelings about Arcueid as a result, as well as the Mesoamerican gods.