Page 1652 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 65211521552160216421647165016511652165316541657166217021752 ... LastLast
Results 33,021 to 33,040 of 37805

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    "lolololol, being good sucks".
    Yup, and also "I'm a not-so-secret reactionary who wants to be the bad guy".
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Banned
    Blog Entries
    LOL, "reactionary". That word to commies is like the word, "degenerate", to Nazis. Both should be a compliment.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    wants to be the bad guy
    Next, you'll be telling me that Satanists worship Satan.

To get back on topic, and to talk about being "good", ever notice how the "standard" versions of pretty much every Christian hero, such as Jacques de Molay and Vlad III (in other words, not their alternate forms, the Baphomet Worshiper and Count Dracula, respectively), are aligned as lawful good, while pretty much every Muslim hero is lawful evil (though, it helps that those Muslim heroes are different iterations of the same legend)?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; November 19th, 2021 at 08:17 PM.

Considering that all the Muslim heroes are assassin's of the Nizari order, their alignment is to be expected.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I mentioned that on the last line.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alignments don't work always how you'd expect them to. Pretty sure its mentioned that its how the person thinks of themselves iirc.

I think ive heard that, but alignments are one of hte few things even most diehard lore fans can agree are completely incoherent.

on a diff topic, anyone else have type moon dreams? I do quite often, and like a lot of my dreams they tend to merge IRL and fiction, like "oh no zoukens house is a few blocks away" for example

Only once, and it was so stupid, weird and pointless that I'm glad it was only once. I mean, even I can only take so much stupidity, weirdness and pointlessness.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Alignments don't work always how you'd expect them to. Pretty sure its mentioned that its how the person thinks of themselves iirc.
    So the Hassans think of themselves as evil?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Murder is a sin in all religions, I'm pretty sure.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Regarding Iskander's goals, I always wondered what this meant for Waver: did he know about these goals and agree with them? Or did he just... not care?

It's easy for the fanbase to rally to Iskander when Waver loves him so much.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    He learned of them in the banquet scene.
    I don't know if the novel goes into what he thought of them; the anime just doesn't focus on him in that scene.
    Considering how proud he was for being accepted as one of Iskandar's followers, though, it seems he didn't really have any issues with his goals - or at least, didn't give them much thought.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't remember that ever being addressed in the novels either. I don't think it's something Urobuchi cared about, Waver fascination was with the man in front of him and that's it.

Blog Entries
    "conquering the world? yikes!" - waver velvet, probably
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

US Friend Code
    Oh, that wacky Iskandar!

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It seems like if the narrative and also Waver himself didn't care about it, then we're not supposed to interpret it in a bad way... or at least are supposed to find something redeeming in it, perhaps.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

The way I see it, we as the readers are meant to apply Iskandar's principles of conquest to other areas of our lives, much like how Waver himself did.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I don't remember that ever being addressed in the novels either. I don't think it's something Urobuchi cared about, Waver fascination was with the man in front of him and that's it.
    I mean I find it interesting in that the entire idea behind it feels a bit... i dont want to say dropped but I feel like if it was truly intended as a big point fully it should have gotten more focus, since i wont say it feels dropped but the focus on iskander is more on him and waver and the part of wanting to be physical vs the parts he wants to do AFTERWARDS which feels very tacked on.

And I do understand at times why some people wonder if he really wanted to or not considering how often he is willing to go full 'sacrifice myself' or 'shield wavers eyes from the horrors of gilles'

Sir now im just seeing iskander doing the whole "JUST DO IT" thing by shia lebouf

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Sir now im just seeing iskander doing the whole "JUST DO IT" thing by shia lebouf
    Alexander the Great speaking to his armies. 334 BC colorized.

Half-serious question, do you think Kiritsugu would approve of a possible relationship between Illyasviel and Shirou?
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo845 View Post
    Half-serious question, do you think Kiritsugu would approve of a possible relationship between Illyasviel and Shirou?
    AKA exactly what happened between him and Iri?