Page 1654 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 65411541554160416441649165216531654165516561659166417041754 ... LastLast
Results 33,061 to 33,080 of 37810

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, he is "mortal" in the sense that he ages. That's why he needed the herb of (not quite) immortality to age himself back 10 years to wait out those 10 years.

Honestly him having the potion of immortality to me really... irks me

Iunno i just feel like if servants are shaped by myth that is the one NP he should not have, or anything in that area.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Except Servants are summoned at peak performance. If Gil loses his immortality potion, then Saber loses Excalibur by the same logic.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Is it even possible for Servants to go around conquering the world without being policed by the Counter-Force? Isn't there some sort of rule for Heroic Spirits that goes like "the dead cannot interfere with the living" or something? Maybe Waver wasn't really that concerned about Iskandar knowing this.
    I'm told that per CCC, Servants who have achieved true incarnation are "dyed in the era's colours" and belong to the world just as much as any living human.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Except Servants are summoned at peak performance. If Gil loses his immortality potion, then Saber loses Excalibur by the same logic.
    I suppoes it depends, like to most people there impossible to separate but in a more narrative aspect gil's prime and greatest narrative achievment involves him losing the potion/herb of immortality in the first place

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah but that's the narrative for Gil in our world. In Fate, Gil's design as a Servant is much less rooted in his actual legend and much more on his historical importance as the first hero.

So Gate of Babylon, which embodies it by giving him everything, trumps the idea that he shouldn't have the potion because he lost it.

And the writer is from this world, thats a copout answer

especially when tiamat had to have a whole thing of 'this is her myth' and 'this is beast tiamats' backstory

Also funny how in FSN they treated GOB as a physical 'passed down', as in the designs or weapons were LITERALLY passed down instead of some mary sue retroactive bullshit that breaks any plot

Hell CCC wanked babylon a lot and lore previously made it seem like they would be uber strong, yet outside of gil and demigod/god stuff, it seems more like anthropological babylonia.

Perspective makes you think you're right. Escavalien's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it's a copout answer. Fate's Gil is designed with obsessive focus on him being the first hero rather than his actual personal lore. Just look at interpretations like Smite's (if you've heard of it) where he's a muscular Arabic man that likes to wrestle. If you can accept Fate's design and don't consider THAT a copout then this really isn't a copout answer at all.
    Last edited by Escavalien; November 21st, 2021 at 10:03 PM.

They literally mention in relation to the immortality herb that him not getting it was the thing that taught him his lesson and changing as a person, but since he learned his lesson, he went back to get it way after the fact. That doesn't change anything, because the important thing wasn't that he never had the herb, it was that he learned a life-changing lesson as a result of losing it once. It's the opposite of Artoria losing Avalon, because you can see how she never really learns her lesson about it even tho Merlin keeps hammering it in, and so even after she loses it she doesn't change her ways whatsoever and that's the death of her. She lost it and didn't learn her lesson, so her getting it back is off the table. Gil lost the herb, did learn his lesson, and then went back and got the herb as a mere memento/prize before he died.

It's not really a copout, you just have to look at it in a bigger picture kind of way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

What is the lesson Seiba is supposed to learn from Avalon? selfcare?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Never trust family.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Chasing unrealistic ideals.

She should have eaten Avalon herself.

Sharing buffs is for losers.
    Last edited by Araya's Dry Cleaner; November 22nd, 2021 at 01:12 AM.

I can see why Seiba thought "the hopes and dreams of mankind" were more important... She might've even chosen "the laws of physics" if it werent a 2 choice question.

Perspective makes you think you're right. Escavalien's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    She should have eaten Avalon herself.

Sharing buffs is for losers.
    Fucking philanthropists, always ruining my DND campaigns.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Never trust family.
    Half of her knights were....oh wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Spoiler for FGO

Honestly I think this is one of the best scene not only in FGO but in all of nasuverse for me. Yeah it doesn't say about much in terms emotional or character but it's just so god damn cool
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS9f...nel=RaizuStash

The music, the animation, how it pans up into the sky and space. It just feel like you dealing with something bigger than any other threat you faced so far. Yeah god and calamity and all but THIS feels different to me at least (maybe because it comes from a human instead of some weird thing idk)

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I should not have clicked on the video, this is how I will forever remember that scene now.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    They literally mention in relation to the immortality herb that him not getting it was the thing that taught him his lesson and changing as a person, but since he learned his lesson, he went back to get it way after the fact. That doesn't change anything, because the important thing wasn't that he never had the herb, it was that he learned a life-changing lesson as a result of losing it once. It's the opposite of Artoria losing Avalon, because you can see how she never really learns her lesson about it even tho Merlin keeps hammering it in, and so even after she loses it she doesn't change her ways whatsoever and that's the death of her. She lost it and didn't learn her lesson, so her getting it back is off the table. Gil lost the herb, did learn his lesson, and then went back and got the herb as a mere memento/prize before he died.

It's not really a copout, you just have to look at it in a bigger picture kind of way.
    I mean to me I personally see it as a bit of going against the ideal regardless, to me it feels like it sabotages the idea of "lol he went back and got it"

And if they make such a big deal out of it, I still feel like it should be innocent monster'd/narratived away, thats why I dislike it

Outside of the many other reasons i hate gil and his bad writing

Also PS, I'm getting tired of being told "im wrong" because "its how it happened in-universe" even though many people have complained about interpretations of servants before, you can justify anything in-universe, doesnt mean i have to think its good writing

I mean its not like IRL new parts of myths have been added to fate, no totally not.....
    Last edited by Byegod; November 22nd, 2021 at 12:18 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I didn't say you're wrong, I gave my interpretation on why this decision makes sense when you consider how Gil has been designed and portrayed in Fate.
    You're the one who missed the point and called it a copout before ranting about something else entirely.