Page 1684 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 68411841584163416741679168216831684168516861689169417341784 ... LastLast
Results 33,661 to 33,680 of 37844

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Stanrobe Cahlin

The details we know about him are interesting. In addition, he is someone I can see must have changed a lot to conform with Idea Blood, so I wonder what his deal is now.
    Oh yeah, I do want to know what "Ghost of the First" is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Stanrobe Cahlin

The details we know about him are interesting. In addition, he is someone I can see must have changed a lot to conform with Idea Blood, so I wonder what his deal is now.
    Stanrobe as probably one of I more want see too. Still remember when Stanrobe First Sorcerer-theory was still a thing.

Aside him, I guess probably El-Nahat, more in who/what they'd use him for.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Ortenrosse, probably. Curious what his role is in the new continuity after the plot change.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Millenium Senata is intriguing because they're 4 on the new list and since we know zero things about them, we're left to wonder what possibly could put them so high in the list.

- - - Updated - - -

Rechecking stuff, Calhin is never gendered, so I'd say the theory about them(her?) being Yumina's ghost is still alive and well.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I'd assume they then would look just like Alice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

i wouldn't be surprised if El Nahat was killed off-screen and then added to Ciel's IB repertoire
    blackmore isn't obscure, but dear god i want more from him

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Remake
    Principle of Melting is sealed by the Church instead of destroyed like Castle and Sword, so I think El Nahat's circumstances are still the same.

The only thing I think changed that El Nahat was previously described as a weapon for the previous BA1 (Narbareck) and the previous BA2. Now that Narbareck is just the Burial Agency's director, not counted among the numbers, I think El Nahat will be a weapon just for the new 1 (Cardinal Noi).

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Millenium Senata is intriguing because they're 4 on the new list and since we know zero things about them, we're left to wonder what possibly could put them so high in the list.

- - - Updated - - -

Rechecking stuff, Calhin is never gendered, so I'd say the theory about them(her?) being Yumina's ghost is still alive and well.
    The dream still lives after all... Also I always think of the first name but when you say "Calhin" does sounds a little feminine.

US Friend Code
    I want to know what Blackmore's "soul carrying" entails.

Gray learnt Soul Carrier's techniques from Bersac right? (her profile mentions 魂の運び手の術 and 魂の運び手 is another word for ソウルキャリアー which is what the Blackmore family are). I imagine the "soul carrying" Gransurg does would be a more sophisticated, level-up version of this

You know how we've been told that if Flat had never met Lord El-Melloi II, he would have been removed from the world, right? What if that meant that he would have somehow been present for the opening of a gate to the Wandering Sea and been accepted as an acolyte?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Culling and QTLs are part of the same thing, but I don't know if you can really count them as "controlling ones life" more than you can count any law of physics controlling your life. Also, I would say the "karmic power" thing doesn't really apply, at the very least not in a negative sense. It's of course a bit of a toss-up, but the way it seems to me (especially after rereading the babylonia part) is that it's not that you have this meter that is slowly filling up and you get more and more likely to be killed off as time goes by, but rather the opposite. You have a certain amount of "karmic power" and that makes you LESS likely to "not survive", and honestly just from the explanations we have it doesn't necessarily sound like this is a resource that gets "used up" as it's applied. Meaning, just because you didn't get hit by a car when crossing the street doesn't mean your "karmic power" decreased. In that sense, I think it's less about "controlling life", whether positively or negatively, and more akin to a predetermined "survival bonus" of sorts, but it's not really something that works against something direct, either. Like, just because you have lots of it doesn't mean you'll survive someone stabbing you in the gut, but perhaps you're less likely to even get into a situation where you'll be stabbed in the gut in the first place? Meta-wise, I think this works well as a sort of second in-universe explanation for "plot armor" to a certain extent, in addition to the counterforce already being all the "plot armor" you could ever ask for.
    Thanks for the reply, I was just thinking there is a lot of forces that seem very deterministic in some aspects in setting, also reminds me of how you would even confirm culling as anything more than a theoritical due to the mechanics of it naturally hiding the evidence of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Point is, some modern magecraft guy could probably either create or use a big-tent conspiracy for some wonky magecraft, and Nasu really loves drawing on 19th century-today conspiracy theories for worldbuilding and plot points.
    Chaos magick has been mentioned at least once, honestly what flat does makes me think of chaos magick

Determinism is like the Queen of England. It rules but does not govern.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Hah

Also fate nightmares suck, i had one today

nightmares suck in general tbh, i wish dreams were more elaborated on in setting

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    You know how we've been told that if Flat had never met Lord El-Melloi II, he would have been removed from the world, right? What if that meant that he would have somehow been present for the opening of a gate to the Wandering Sea and been accepted as an acolyte?
    The wording is "he was on his way to be excluded from the Mage's Association, and if he played his cards wrong, from the world itself". The Wandering Sea is part of the Mage's Association, so no. It'd have been a great possibility to explore, but Flat having no place as a mage other than the El-Melloi classroom is even more guaranteed than Flat becoming a Counter Force target.

Aw. I suppose he's too much even for them.

how many uniforms does shiki have
    how can they resist so much
    they must be made from some good fabric

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Agartha as well.
    Huh. I didn't know Agartha was based on a real legend. Nice to learn something. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Huh. I didn't know Agartha was based on a real legend. Nice to learn something. Thanks!
    I think Agartha is connected with Hollow Earth theories, and I forgot how it's connected to Shangri-la, but it is.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shangri-la is a fictionalization of Shambhala for a 1933 novel (Lost Horizon, by James Hilton), and Agartha and Shambhala are sometimes considered the same thing because they're both new age Buddhist kingdoms located in the core of the Earth.