Page 1715 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 71512151615166517051710171317141715171617171720172517651815 ... LastLast
Results 34,281 to 34,300 of 37818

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    That’s not what he wanted out of Angra at all. He wanted to put something unquestionably born evil in the world to raise him properly, so he could get his answer on whether something evil by nature was able to become good by nurture.
    Could you find the exact Heaven's Feel quote about that? Unlimited Codes usually provides an abridged but otherwise accurate portrayals of the characters, and in it, Kotomine says: "perform the evils that you must"

Again, before you make fun of me for posting the Unlimited Codes video, post the Heaven's Feel one, if it can gainsay this one (and tell me the time stamp because I know that it's probably going to be a long video). Oh, yes, at around 28:31 is that statement in full detail in Heaven's Feel:
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; March 3rd, 2022 at 08:53 AM.

"Yes. His nature is evil. He was made that way, after all. He was born to be evil from the very beginning.
    He's not like people. This is a pure deity that people made.
    But――――even if his actions are evil, we have yet to know what he thinks of it."

"Eh...?"
    What Angra Manyu thinks about his own actions...?

"Yes.
    If Angra Manyu considers them evil and agonizes over them, or considers them good and laughs about them. That is not something we can assume.
    If that thing has emotions like those of humans and agonizes over its doings, it is evil.
    But if it has no doubt about its existence, it is good. Everyone wished for him to be that way, after all. If it has no doubt about its function, it cannot be evil."

"Wha――――"
    "Yes.
    Those with defects at birth.
    Those who were not wanted, even before birth.
    It should show us the worth of worthless life: the meaning of birth."

"Would it be able to forgive itself after destroying and losing everything?
    That's what I would like to know.
    I want to know if it is a crime to live as you are, when you are different from others.
    That is why I killed your father and let Matou Sakura live. I cannot come up with the answer by myself. That is why I wish for the birth of what can provide me with the answer."
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So yes, there's nothing about "raising him right", but rather what he thinks about his own actions.
    But if moral standards are nothing more than spooks, then what does it matter? If he can do all this, and it does not end up causing any detriments to him, what does it matter?

Blog Entries
    "If"
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The rules of organized religion, morality, 'family values', 'rights and duties', social norms. These are all classic spooks.

Kotomine doesn't think they are "spooks". That is his whole point.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In Fate/zero, Kiritsugu's research showed that Kirei was essentially a jack of all trades because he never found the one thing that he was interested in, despite learning a bit of everything. Throughout all that, it is a true pity that Kirei never learned about Stirner, but going back to the original point, there's nothing about "raising Angra Mainyu right", but rather what he thinks about his own actions, as shown in both Unlimited Codes and Heaven's Feel.

Again that isn't why he thinks that. It was precisely said it's because of "common sense" he is like that.
    What he says about angra mainyu is precisely that "what he thinks about it himself".
    It's not about if it's meaningless or not. The dude just wants happiness.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, but he also said that "common sense" is something that is taught and learned.
    It being his own actions, right?
    Happiness? Don't we all?

Happiness isnt a spook?

Blog Entries
    Either write the fanfic au where Kotomine read Stirner in the seminary, or,
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Happiness isnt a spook?
    Never said it was. Rather, happiness is more easily achievable by accepting other things as spooks.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Yes, but he also said that "common sense" is something that is taught and learned.
    And? He still think that following this taught common sense is the right way of living for a human being.
    Common sense and moral are not chains, they are tools.
    Last edited by Herod; March 3rd, 2022 at 11:23 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If they get in the way of your own happiness, then by definition, they are spooky chains. Common sense and morality appear to be what is making Kotomine lament. But yes, they can also be tools, when they are applied a certain way. No different than the state, much like police investigators who can be utilized to recover stolen video game consoles. Maybe, I should say that it's the sanctity of those concepts, rather than the concepts themselves that are the spooky chains. What value is the sanctity of God? Nothing. If that's the case, what value is the sanctity of humanity? Equally nothing. In the case of 2 people hunting meat together, the reason that they share the meat and not end up stabbing each other for it all is because they believe it's necessary to work together again to hunt more food in the future. Not because fidelity is intrinsically right, or that betrayal is intrinsically wrong.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If they get in the way of your own happiness, then by definition, they are spooky chains. Common sense and morality appear to be what is making Kotomine lament. But yes, they can also be tools, when they are applied a certain way. No different than the state, much like police investigators who can be utilized to recover stolen video game consoles. Maybe, I should say that it's the sanctity of those concepts, rather than the concepts themselves that are the spooky chains. What value is the sanctity of God? Nothing. If that's the case, what value is the sanctity of humanity? Equally nothing. In the case of 2 people hunting meat together, the reason that they share the meat and not end up stabbing each other for it all is because they believe it's necessary to work together again to hunt more food in the future. Not because fidelity is intrinsically right, or that betrayal is intrinsically wrong.
    Happiness is ultimately just another word for 'value' though. It's things you value in yourself and feel make for a life worth living. For instance you presumably wouldn't want to spend your life hooked to a dopamine-drip even though it would be pleasurable because that isn't the kind of 'happiness' you 'value'. In the same way, it makes sense to say you don't want to become the kind of person who enjoys others' suffering even if you would be 'happy' that way. I don't think it makes sense to say values are a tool to obtaining happiness when they're one of the terms that shape how 'happiness' is defined.

But as Dullahan said it's probably not really productive to continue this kind of philosophical debate on this thread. We're getting far afield from TM at this point.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ah, that's fair.

Blog Entries
    The subjectivity of any moral view does not render it valueless; the whole paradigm shift in the last few decades is the validation of subjectivity as a driving force. If you try to remain subjective with an "objective" mindset, you'll only render yourself impotent by saying "every moral is just a spook". They are, yes, fundamentally something manufactured by humans, nothing more, and nothing less, but that does not mean they are inadequate or should not be upheld.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Insert that Hogfather speech about beliefs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Again, like my example about the 2 hunters, they should only be upheld by people who would benefit from the upholding, not as some abstract "greater than themselves", like the very concept of being on the "right side of history" or the "side of the angels". Though, going into how nightmarish Biblically accurate angels are is a completely different discussion, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    Insert that Hogfather speech about beliefs
    Oh, you mean that humans need fantasy to be human? Didn't I mention something about the sanctity of humanity? Stirner replies: The divine is God's concern; the human, man's. My concern is neither the divine nor the human, not the true, good, just, free, etc., but solely what is 'mine,' and it is not a general one, but is - 'unique,' as I am unique. Nothing is more to me than myself!
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; March 3rd, 2022 at 06:49 PM.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    In Fate/zero, Kiritsugu's research showed that Kirei was essentially a jack of all trades because he never found the one thing that he was interested in, despite learning a bit of everything. Throughout all that, it is a true pity that Kirei never learned about Stirner, but going back to the original point, there's nothing about "raising Angra Mainyu right", but rather what he thinks about his own actions, as shown in both Unlimited Codes and Heaven's Feel.
    Kotomine still wants to believe in the Christian beliefs and values, that's why he has to know if he's right or wrong in being the way he is. You could say it would answer his question within that very framework and let him keep it. It's like saying you can't blame someone for just being how they were born. Or can you, if it leads to bad things? Angra Mainyu would answer that question for him. He basically wants to stop feeling guilty for how he is, or at least get an answer for why he's like that. I'm sure if you gave him a magic button to push to be normal he would push it instantly. He doesn't like being the way he is.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.