Page 1728 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 72812281628167817181723172617271728172917301733173817781828 ... LastLast
Results 34,541 to 34,560 of 37845

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also we can probably lay to rest this whole idea that Oberon is what made Nasu retool LB6. It seems he decided to steer from his initial course set in 2017 much earlier, more out of a feeling of wanting to write something that felt different in tone to a Singularity. When Oberon was inserted in the story it once again grew a bit in scope, but not as much as I think people have previously made it out.

US Friend Code
    Oh that makes sense. When Olympus just recently came out in NA and Kirsch talked about how "a Lostbelt in Britain can only be a curse that could destroy the planet" my first thought was "Wait had the rewrite already happened by this point?"

- - - Updated - - -

Though some stuff in Castoria's lines and profile still seem inconsistent so I guess it was after he wrote her stuff.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Though some stuff in Castoria's lines and profile still seem inconsistent so I guess it was after he wrote her stuff.
    I remember someone else said this and I looked through her profile and couldn't find what it was. Is there anything in particular you're thinking of?

US Friend Code
    Her stage 3 line toward Merlin is the one that stands out to me the most.
    Merlin? My magecraft teacher, the one who pushed Cath Palug to me against my will and say "Sorry, I leave it to you" upon leaving, that Merlin?
    Fou isn't present at all in LB6, let alone a Lostbelt Fou.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Interesting, the requirements for that line is the Prologue for Part 2...

It might just be that its something remaining from the initial plot of LB6, but perhaps its also something that hasn't happened yet?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Her line for Koyanskaya is also her feeling offended by the comparison between Koyan and her Cath Palug, and that came out after LB6.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Her line for Koyanskaya is also her feeling offended by the comparison between Koyan and her Cath Palug, and that came out after LB6.
    With Koyan's arc over, I don't really see where Castoria's Cath Palug would even come up, unless the light dot somehow involves it, maybe Nasu just had two voice lines for the plot point and didn't bother/forgot to remove it?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Very doubtful one line would remain all this time without being removed, and another added on top of that. They changed the Arthur line quicker for way less important reasons.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Here's some pretender lore.

———オベロンは新たなエクストラクラス『プリテンダー』として実装されましたが、プリテンダー該当するサ ーヴァントの条件とは何でしょうか?
    奈須:端的に言うと『何かを偽ったまま英雄になった者』です。自分の正体を仮面で活躍した怪傑ゾロのような 英雄は、プリテンダーには該当しません。たとえば、志なかばで倒れたAの死を隠してかれの代わりに文を描き 、コメントを残し、最後までAとして振る舞うことですべての名声がAに集まった。その一方で、中身であるB には一切スポットが当てられず、あくまでも英雄になったのはガワであるAだけ。それが”役を羽織った英雄” であるプリテンダーというクラスなんです。

Oberon was added with the new class "Pretender" so what are the prerequisites for being one?

Nasu: Simply put, someone who became a hero while feigning being something else. A hero like Zorro who acts while under disguise of a mask does not qualify as a Pretender. For example, let's say a certain A has died with their ambitions unfilled, and in his place a certain B continues their writings, leaves their comments and fulfills the role of A into the end, ultimately leaving all the fame with A. Meanwhile, B who was the interior of this persona cannot find any spots to occupy and ultimately the only one who becomes a hero is A, the exterior. This is what the Pretender class, one who wears a role, entails.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Very doubtful one line would remain all this time without being removed, and another added on top of that. They changed the Arthur line quicker for way less important reasons.
    Whoa there, securing insecure guyfucker bucks is extremely important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post

奈須:端的に言うと『何かを偽ったまま英雄になった者』です。自分の正体を仮面で活躍した怪傑ゾロのような 英雄は、プリテンダーには該当しません。たとえば、志なかばで倒れたAの死を隠してかれの代わりに文を描き 、コメントを残し、最後までAとして振る舞うことですべての名声がAに集まった。その一方で、中身であるB には一切スポットが当てられず、あくまでも英雄になったのはガワであるAだけ。それが”役を羽織った英雄” であるプリテンダーというクラスなんです。

Oberon was added with the new class "Pretender" so what are the prerequisites for being one?

Nasu: Simply put, someone who became a hero while feigning being something else. A hero like Zorro who acts while under disguise of a mask does not qualify as a Pretender. For example, let's say a certain A has died with their ambitions unfilled, and in his place a certain B continues their writings, leaves their comments and fulfills the role of A into the end, ultimately leaving all the fame with A. Meanwhile, B who was the interior of this persona cannot find any spots to occupy and ultimately the only one who becomes a hero is A, the exterior. This is what the Pretender class, one who wears a role, entails.
    Pretender Kaison-Benkei?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

マリーの味方

zero requiem...

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh hey, guess that answers the question of if Zorro is a heroic spirit or not.
    Last edited by Skull; April 11th, 2022 at 08:51 PM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    SSR Pretender Farmer-With-Katana let's go baby

How is that different from multiple people assuming the role of a legacy, like Robin Hood, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    zero requiem...
    That can't.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Bronze Pretender Benkei soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    How is that different from multiple people assuming the role of a legacy, like Robin Hood, though?
    He never said Robin Hood can't qualify.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So while talking about the music that plays during the Avalon segment of LB6, Nasu just drops this:

「星の内海」とは、ようは”惑星の見ている夢”なので。
    Because in short, the inner Sea of the Planet is a dream that the planet is having.

Wow

What did he mean by this

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Nothing lasts forever...
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Gaia awakes --> Avalon goes poof --> Saber wakes -->
    BRITAIN
    WORLD
    SAVED
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar