Page 1784 of 1889 FirstFirst ... 78412841684173417741779178217831784178517861789179418341884 ... LastLast
Results 35,661 to 35,680 of 37765

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    That's one of the reasons why older families are treated as inheritingly stronger.
    I mean on a widescale average

The fact is over time the entirety of the population would have higher circuits. even "lower" magi

Blog Entries
    Yes, but the average person has one breast, one testicle, and nearly but not quite all of their internal organs. There's no point discussing wide-scale populations if there are such clear and distinct differences separating its constituent demographics.

Magic Circuit counts rise with eugenics, which means they increase alongside genetic homogeneity within small groups of a few families. People like Rin who only have six generations or something behind them still have to take special medicine to not reject their Crests whereas older clans do not. We also know from the Wodime clan and Avicebron that even ten uninterrupted generations is exceptional, meaning that Magi clans broadly don't last that long in the grand scheme of things. They also aren't exclusively breeding for Circuits, there are other desirable traits that you might value in your offspring enough to take a hit to sheer Circuit quantity. On top of that, the number of functional Circuits can even decline if the land your family lives on disagrees with you, like the Makiri - Shinji's Circuits were vitrified and he couldn't make use of them on his own at all.

tl;dr - Sure, but it's hard to maintain that count unless you have everything else going for you. As usual, the damn bourgeois hog all the good eugenics.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    You act like ufotable isn't working on Touken Ranbu, KnY, Mahoyo Movie(s?) and now this at the same time, and the fact that the Genshin stuff isn't even confirmed what it is and it's specifically called "Long Term". KnY had 44 episodes + a movie in three years AND HF3 came out at the same time, Tsukihime Remake hasn't even been out a year yet. Hold your horses.
    ufo is no longer TM's baby.
    Sadge.
    burn your dread you coward

US Friend Code
    If anything ufotable is probably more widely known for Demon Slayer, not for its TM works.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's good, I want to see other people adapting TM works. We would never have gotten stuff like Last Encore's opressive atmosphere or Apocrypha's webgen episodes at UFO.

Imagine how boring Bedivere vs Gawain would've been if it was UFOtable doing it.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Imagine if ufotable did Babylonia, you might be able to hear something other than the attack SFX and who want's that?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

BWOOOOOOOOOOOOM

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    That's good, I want to see other people adapting TM works. We would never have gotten stuff like Last Encore's opressive atmosphere or Apocrypha's webgen episodes at UFO.

Imagine how boring Bedivere vs Gawain would've been if it was UFOtable doing it.
    Don't think they would've done those anyway.
    In fact I still think the stuff we could've expected them to do before they branched out hasn't changed. And that is the remaining core TM stuff: Mahoyo, Tsuki and, just maybe, FHA.

I didn't fully expect them to do Mahoyo, but it was always a case of "If Mahoyo gets adapted, it'll be ufo" for me.
    Tsuki always seemed like an inevitability, simply dependent on the remake to get released.
    FHA is a bit more iffy, and my thinking of them doing it is based on them having done the Vita OPs, so it's weaker but I still think they're the frontrunner if an FHA adaption happens.

Never thought they'd do something outside of these (mythical Fate route re-adaption notwithstanding). The only thing that stuff like KnY and now Genshin have done is increase the time of waiting for the TM stuff.

I thought we might get info on a Tsukire adaption on 2022 or 2023. But now I'm thinking more along the lines of "only when Mahoyo is completely finished", which could be 2023 but also 2025 in case they do that in two parts.
    burn your dread you coward

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Since circuits are computers, do you think a magus could run Doom? Or Crysis 3 at max settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not with Waver's paltry 3-generations lineage.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to be at least a Cause to run Resident Evil 4.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Truly, Waver's life is suffering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He can probably run the greatest game ever made though, Duck Hunt.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

How to kill a magi, curse them to run crysis

Blog Entries
    So the Hound of the Baskervilles is definitely Dormarch, right?

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    So the Hound of the Baskervilles is definitely Dormarch, right?
    What makes you say that?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Sherlock notes in one of his interludes that it has connections to the black dog fairies and to the King of Storms, which is a title we've seen on Francis Drake and Artoria Lancer Alter - both attested as leaders of the Wild Hunt.

Having found this specific hound, I can't imagine it being anything else.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pan-Human Barghest?

- - - Updated - - -

Barghest's Brazilian Wikipedia page even lists The Hound of the Baskerville as the most famous example of a story that mentions Barghest folklore (lol)

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Sherlock notes in one of his interludes that it has connections to the black dog fairies and to the King of Storms, which is a title we've seen on Francis Drake and Artoria Lancer Alter - both attested as leaders of the Wild Hunt.

Having found this specific hound, I can't imagine it being anything else.
    I dunno man, I kinda have doubts about that on multiple levels, chiefly whether or not the writers would have bothered to make such a deep cut reference and not just us overthinking a generic allusion to the black dog motif in the Wild Hunt. Secondly, I’m skeptical if that specific King of the Fairies even exists in the Nasuverse let alone his hound.

That said, if you wish to headcanon that yourself, by all means man, don’t let me stop you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Pan-Human Barghest?

- - - Updated - - -

Barghest's Brazilian Wikipedia page even lists The Hound of the Baskerville as the most famous example of a story that mentions Barghest folklore (lol)
    Lol, I guess to outsiders the various legends of spectral hounds do kinda blur together, but permit me to be pedantic and say that in Doyle’s case he based the Baskerville story on that of Squire Caball, an evil man from the 17th century who had various rumours surrounding him such as that he had sold his soul to the Devil and when he died there are reports of Yeth Hounds (and not a Barghest) surrounded his tomb, coming to collect his soul.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    The El-Melloi anime said black dog fairies in general are associated with the Wild Hunt.

The wild hunt is interesting as its a very mythological event or occurrence that basically occurred even in the last few centuries or could occur

as well as like the associatiins with varying gods it has like odin