Page 1790 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 79012901690174017801785178817891790179117921795180018401890 ... LastLast
Results 35,781 to 35,800 of 37820

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Spoiler:

unaware of happy

love these old pics i have saved

Blog Entries
    I've been thinking about the gender ratio of the Magicians

1st: Yumina: probably female
    2nd Zelretch : male
    3rd Unknown: probably female because Justeaze was based off them
    4th Unknown: Unknown
    5th Aoko: female

So based off my guess work 4 needs to be a male or else Zelretch is going to be the only guy in Team Magicians. Add to the fact he's probably going to be the only visibly old guy of the team because let's be honest here if all the Magicians are female they all going to be hot young 20's something anime girls. Of course it could all be wrong but it's funny to think about Zelretch being the only guy.
    The Tales of Heroes Awaits

My Servant Compendium

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    previous 5th magician was male though.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Which is why we will never see him

The Sorcerers are a Mahou Shoujo Group, and Zel is the strong-ikemen-that-occasionally-shows-up quota

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    I've been thinking about the gender ratio of the Magicians

1st: Yumina: probably female
    2nd Zelretch : male
    3rd Unknown: probably female because Justeaze was based off them
    4th Unknown: Unknown
    5th Aoko: female

So based off my guess work 4 needs to be a male or else Zelretch is going to be the only guy in Team Magicians. Add to the fact he's probably going to be the only visibly old guy of the team because let's be honest here if all the Magicians are female they all going to be hot young 20's something anime girls. Of course it could all be wrong but it's funny to think about Zelretch being the only guy.
    Zelretch and Goetia are probably sharing a drink over this at Ahnenerbe

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Is this actually the case for the nature of God in the Nasuverse?:
    God lore is kinda wacky in Nasu. God = the Human Order. Caubac Alcatraz, a DAA in TsukiR, got some redone lore released in C100, thanks to which we know he attempted to prove the love of God with his research. He made a book containing the truth, the logos, of the universe and its result was a human. Consequently, he fell into a crisis of faith and locked himself into his labyrinth, while people outside speculated a gap in space randomly popped open and pulled him in because no way a DAA would turn themselves into a hikki-NEET, right? Merlin corroborated this in Garden of Avalon by saying the voice of the World is the voice of the Lord. Goetia mats talk about his grand plan of becoming like God by reshaping the planet at the point of its formation 4.6 billion years ago. Never figured that was what that meant until GOA got a full translation. I don’t really like the choice of doing that tbh. Mixing in Buddhism like that with Christianity is so ... something, I dunno how to even describe it.

As for why every CG does not have Revelation despite technically being an angel and why magi turn their back to God by searching for truth, please wait for the  FGO sequel to answer that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    God lore is kinda wacky in Nasu.
    Unconfirmed but likely because everything else is wacky and there's not much reason for this to be an exception.

God = the Human Order.
    This is just a random idea Mikiya threw around in KnK, but you could make a solid argument for why he's accidentally right.

Caubac Alcatraz, a DAA in TsukiR, got some redone lore released in C100, thanks to which we know he attempted to prove the love of God with his research. He made a book containing the truth, the logos, of the universe and its result was a human. Consequently, he fell into a crisis of faith and locked himself into his labyrinth, while people outside speculated a gap in space randomly popped open and pulled him in because no way a DAA would turn themselves into a hikki-NEET, right?
    Questionable tidbits but the part that matters is 100% right.

Merlin corroborated this in Garden of Avalon by saying the voice of the World is the voice of the Lord. Goetia mats talk about his grand plan of becoming like God by reshaping the planet at the point of its formation 4.6 billion years ago.
    It'd take some searching to find the quote, but sounds believable and OP has been accurate enough so far.

Never figured that was what that meant until GOA got a full translation. I don’t really like the choice of doing that tbh. Mixing in Buddhism like that with Christianity is so ... something, I dunno how to even describe it.
    OP's personal commentary, I have no way of proving he's lying about his opinions.

As for why every CG does not have Revelation despite technically being an angel and why magi turn their back to God by searching for truth, please wait for the  FGO sequel to answer that.
    False, Nasu will never answer those questions.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    So essentially Kokutou's musings about Jeanne hearing the Counterforce was essentially right all along.

I really hope the Catholic Church in the Nasuverse doesn't know God is this, because well, I was kind of hoping Nasu might be a popular Japanese writer who kind of did a bit more research on the Catholic Church than the typical anime Christian thing where Nuns and Mikos are totally alike stuff.

Like I was hoping the Holy Church was sort of where they put all the weird stuff, but that at least the adherents still kept to some real world Catholicism of sorts.

But well, I guess not.

...It's funny I was kind of hoping God stuff in Nasu would be a tad more vague.
    Last edited by warellis; November 24th, 2022 at 06:56 PM.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I mean, that was a faint hope from the start, at least I think, because it always felt the disagreement between the MA and the Church was never about the nature of God and the World, but merely a matter of methodology, hence why the Church refers to magi as heretics. You can only be a heretic if you believe in the same religious system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    I mean the idea for anything in the nasuverse is that it all ties back together, in the most blistfuckeringly way possible
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    Zelretch and Goetia are probably sharing a drink over this at Ahnenerbe
    Hey at least Goetia has Fou
    The Tales of Heroes Awaits

My Servant Compendium

God in TM is humanity's Persona. Science is how we assimilate mystery(our Shadow). History is very critically important because it is what is understood as having caused the present i.e. the creator of the world. It is ever assimilating more of its Shadow and therefor closer to its Persona. Hence the progressive magitek eschatology you see in it. Any rejection of history and a willingness to replace it(Goetia/Alien God) is a rejection of humanity's end goal(God). The Church's role as far as I can tell is to eliminate all human dependence on mystery as that is synonymous with stagnation. See also Zelretch's comment to the TAs. Apotheosis through science.

I don't think that the Olympians coming from a Dyson Sphere civilization and being mechas is just a result of Nasu liking mechas it fits right into this paradigm of magitek being the ultimate goal of any "humanity". As does the Mooncell. Arc said anyone looking up to the sky is humanity. I don't think this is ultimately limited to the Earth. There must be Gaia/Alaya splits all over the place for something like the Olympian's civilization to occur. If that is the case then saying God is just humanity's unconscious would be somewhat limiting. God is the direction that the countless humanity's unconscious look towards so that they can consciously come to know creation perfectly(become gods). So God is Alaya looking at(assimilating itself to) the Root hence why within Humanity's universe of consciousness its love turns into a human.

Just a thought.

If God is counterforce or Human Order wouldn't the Counter Guardians and Grand Servants be Angel and Archangel respectively?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    This will be answered in Tsukihime 2. So when we're all dead and Nasu's successor is trying to make sense of the notes they wrote on pizza-stained napkins.

I think the Christian God is just another god born from human belief and it's ultimately still subordinate to Human Order. I don't think Nasu will choose to alienate other religions by claiming one god is superior to another. At least I don't believe it'll be clear enough to get anything conclusive, but you can still have your own opinion.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Blog Entries
    God [the father] is just a divinised natural phenomenon, God [the son] is probably the Clock Tower director, God [the holy spirit] is human order itself - but they are still, in a sense, all the same guy

too easy
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    This will be answered in Tsukihime 2. So when we're all dead and Nasu's successor is trying to make sense of the notes they wrote on pizza-stained napkins.
    God I hope Nasu gets a Christopher Tolkien. I need the twelve-volume metahistory of the Nasuverse.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    God [the father] is just a divinised natural phenomenon, God [the son] is probably the Clock Tower director, God [the holy spirit] is human order itself - but they are still, in a sense, all the same guy

too easy
    Actually like this take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    no surprise, I guess?