Page 1799 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 7991299169917491789179417971798179918001801180418091849 ... LastLast
Results 35,961 to 35,980 of 37820

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

If it's true, he's a despicable human being.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Somehow this reminds me of a previous affair with a Korean actor, and he did that while his wife was pregnant. I'll leave their names out of it. Apparently way after the time I caught wind of that news, a K-pop band member and another party got involved with a potential scandal with the Korean actor that went disastrous once the actor took legal action. Not funny once you do hear news of this, heck I'm still reeling off of Yuji Naka's insider trading that he got arrested twice for.

inspired by recently reading Mahoyo, ill explain where Fake/Imaginary Ether comes from using a possible author oversight, but like all author oversights, it`ll be explained away or already was big brain foreshadowing in the first place...

We`ve already been told that True Ether/Mana quality of the past would make a modern mage burst into flames in the environment./Its Toxic/Implied to kill you
    True Ether is what planets are made of so Fake Ether cant come from there.

but we do know of a infinite source of Ether that doesnt make people burst into flames, since it doesnt ignite you, its presumably Fake Ether not the true stuff. And its not sourced from a planet so another point for it not being True Ether.

in FSN blabla bla, Sakura gets connected to the "Other Side" cuz of the 3rd magic`s ritual and now has infinite magical energy at her disposal. She doesnt burst info flames so its not True Ether right? so the "Other side'' is full of Fake Ether cuz its the only 2 denominations right?

We blame the 1st Magic for Fake Ether cuz all its incidental info implies at such, happening around the time of the switch, The 1st having "changed everything"
    So the idea is that the 1st Magic its ritual specifically(cuz the 1st was obtained after reaching the root, not for the sake of reaching it) just punched such a big hole to the other side that Fake Ether flooded out at a planetary scales changing the global environment like some runaway greenhouse gas effect

Id like to take the Greenhouse gas comparison further, cuz Flat Snark "Exhales magical energy" Dragons "Exhales magical energy' which again, under the assumption that True Ether would kill a character has to be Fake Ether but we lack capacity numbers. It could be that they spew out True ether and the mages in question just dont reach criticality to burst into flames(Aoko vs Flat Snark does make mention of it burning her nerves)

the counter argument to destroy this line of thinking, "Guda just needs to put on his Anti-True Ether Pants". If Sakura knows a spell to survive/convert True ether into Fake ether, then the idea that the "Other side" is full of fake ether breaks down, because the only proof i have is Sakura cycling her max capacity repeatedly from the other side (cuz Rin is supposedly eating all the cave mana) and not dying.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    If Arc and Alt fused, what kind of hair do you think they'd have? I feel like it'd be silver, but blond with galaxy undertones a la Bryn could happen too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Battle Cats is having a collab with Heaven's Feel. Sakura looks kinda funny in it.
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Now that we know more about the Lore department, Lord Trameblio's "day of decisive battle: lore horde market Brishisan" is pretty worrisome for the guy.

LB7
    Will he get Daybit'd?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Touko's decisive battle is Mahoyo 1, so those can be in the past. Maybe McDonell is like that because
    Spoiler:
    an Angelic Artifact is constantly recharging his od

US Friend Code
    Oh, maybe.

Also "horde market Brishisan" implies they sell some of their artifacts which is, insane?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Touko's decisive battle is Mahoyo 1, so those can be in the past. Maybe McDonell is like that because
    Spoiler:
    an Angelic Artifact is constantly recharging his od
    The fire that comes out of him is said to be like rocket thrusters
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    LB7
    I fear the day someone will start Tsukihime with no prior knowledge of it and think "Wow, they're just like that dinosaur couple from FGO".

Blog Entries
    Don't worry, nobody actually reads.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    LB7
    I fear the day someone will start Tsukihime with no prior knowledge of it and think "Wow, they're just like that dinosaur couple from FGO".
    That's okay I just had to explain to someone the Holy Grails in all of the series isn't the actual cup of God because they started with the HF movies and wouldn't shut up during game night.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    Battle Cats is having a collab with Heaven's Feel. Sakura looks kinda funny in it.
    Spoiler:

I saw Shitaya promote it, it looked cute. She is like the hype man for some miscellaneous stuff, its great.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    That's okay I just had to explain to someone the Holy Grails in all of the series isn't the actual cup of God because they started with the HF movies and wouldn't shut up during game night.
    Wait, they watched the movies and didn't understand that it wasn't the actual artifact. Considering two humans (well one human amd one half human) are called the holy grail?
    I know it's a rushed version of the storyline, but that definitely should have come across this was all a ritual, they even added the part of the three families.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I saw Shitaya promote it, it looked cute. She is like the hype man for some miscellaneous stuff, its great.

Wait, they watched the movies and didn't understand that it wasn't the actual artifact. Considering two humans (well one human amd one half human) are called the holy grail?
    I know it's a rushed version of the storyline, but that definitely should have come across this was all a ritual, they even added the part of the three families.
    I explained that. My irritation with him was very appearent. I don't like people not paying attention and then constantly bitching about "bad writing" and "that doesn't make sense".

Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    I explained that. My irritation with him was very appearent. I don't like people not paying attention and then constantly bitching about "bad writing" and "that doesn't make sense".
    My favorite is "ugh this Shirou guy is boring when are we getting more Servant lore"

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Sometimes I see terms I assumed was original nasuverse terminology in other works and wonder if it had origin in something less famous than TM or if the author of that work was just copying Nasu. For example, I saw
    Mental Pollution
    精神汚染
    in a web novel I started reading recently.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Most of the time Nasu just uses pretty well known terms to begin with, even if they're Fantasy/Sci-Fi aligned.

Blog Entries
    The framing of Chaldea in the most recent FGO chapter as a kind of subdivision of the Department of Astromancy makes me wonder what its equivalents under other Departments of Clock Tower could/would look like. The idea of a world-ending organisation subordinate to Chimera, Yumina, or Valuay gets my brain turning, and I kind of want a story about the Department of Policies that isn't Case Files.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    end the world with bureaucracy

the darkest magic of all
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    I was writing something Fate-related while listening to Sting and this is an extremely Fate/Zero song, it's delightful, I love happy little coincidences.

"Sometimes we'd glimpse a shadow falling, The shadow would disappear" is a lovely little detail but the final verse containing "The stench of burning corpses, Faces in the mud" is a real chef's kiss.