Page 1841 of 1868 FirstFirst ... 841134117411791183118361839184018411842184318461851 ... LastLast
Results 36,801 to 36,820 of 37349

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    South Americans were proven the strongest.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Why would I want someone from my country that isn't a feathered dinosaur or an alien that found an identity here???

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Honestly, she stands out so much from the likes of Meuniere, Dustin, and Sylvia. How come nobody in Chaldea commented about their resident super model until now?
    Because like Sakura, she's so gloomy that she escapes notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I think TsukiR Arc has the same ability to prune 'events' as the Moon Cell in Extra and Alaya in all other Fate works. Pruning is referred to as 剪定事象, while Arc shows abilities referred to as Event Conversion (事象変換) and Event Storage (事象収納). I'm fairly certain this is meant to be the exact same thing (manipulation of 事象/events), it's just Arc gets a lot more granular with it and is able to employ it intentionally, as opposed to being some immovable system.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    I think TsukiR Arc has the same ability to prune 'events' as the Moon Cell in Extra and Alaya in all other Fate works. Pruning is referred to as 剪定事象, while Arc shows abilities referred to as Event Conversion (事象変換) and Event Storage (事象収納). I'm fairly certain this is meant to be the exact same thing (manipulation of 事象/events), it's just Arc gets a lot more granular with it and is able to employ it intentionally, as opposed to being some immovable system.
    It's all about that probabilistic flavor.
    Remember that at its core, Marble Phantasm is the ability to control probabilistic fluctuations. The event is this case is obviously tied to the outcome of some probabilistic system. They are connected, in this sense, yes, but more because they both shoulder the burden of being metaphorically tied to probability theory.

Hmm, I see. That makes sense.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

On that note, Petri. Do we have an explanation on why Event Conversion/Storage is able to affect humans and other organisms separate from nature when Marble Phantasm is stated to be unable to affect them directly?

Quote Originally Posted by TM Manuscript【型月稿本】KATATSUKI KOUHON
    Fantasy Manifestation—also known as Marble Phantasm—the reformulation of the world through probabilistic fluctuations.However, they cannot directly interfere with individuals that have become independent from the world, such as humans or animals. By distancing themselves from nature, humans have grown weak, but at same time, won't perish even if nature itself does, and in doing so, have obtained absolute freedom. At the end of the day, Fantasy Manifestation can only freely exert change unto the environment and the situation.
    You mentioned this some time ago, the time Roa begins talking about Marble Phantasm when Arc used Event Conversion and Storage in combination. Since time itself was planarized, maybe humans just get 'converted' and 'stored' along with it, so they are not being "'directly' interfered" like the description of MP says.
    Otherwise it seems one of those cases where Nasu says Marble Phantasm can't imitate human constructs, then goes right around to say since human constructs come from nature they can be recreated anyway. This freedom he speaks of doesn't seem so absolute.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Event Storage removes the texture underpinning humanity itself. I suppose it's very technically an "indirect" method of dealing with something. By stripping the earth of civilization, the layer of reality upon which humanity resides, you store them away alongside it. That's how I understood it, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    then goes right around to say since human constructs come from nature they can be recreated anyway.
    This kind of convinced me Nasu will just turn a blind eye and say Arc was just being willful. An indirect application so people get impacted anyway is the kind of unfair reasoning I expect.
    This brings to mind the difference between OG and Remake when it comes to what she did to Roa. In OG she uses MP to create a vacuum of the hallway in order to eliminate him as she can't impact him directly but in R she uses event storage(Going by Lumina) to trap and swat him. ...Same result through different means but that latter seems rather heavy handed and direct, no? Perhaps it's indirect on technicality.

Blog Entries
    Arc has to be giga buffed through intentional power level inflation just to be able to compete with FGO weekly bosses. Sad.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Finished the Tsukihime Arcueid route still don't know whom the hunter is. Who killed six ancestors?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Read the next route.

Is this a huge spoiler ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Arc has to be giga buffed through intentional power level inflation just to be able to compete with FGO weekly bosses. Sad.
    Funny thing is Nasu said it's the other way around. FGO bosses are only as strong as they are because TsukiR's lore set a certain standard, and FGO bosses were written to be a certain level as a result:
    Nasu: FGO introduced a lot of new lore. But FGO's scale is only that large because TsukiR was produced first and laid that groundwork. Without TsukiR, FGO would have ended as a much smaller story. In that sense, pausing TsukiR's production to produce FGO paid off, and we'll get the brand new experience of seeing people learning what those plot points they've seen in FGO were about.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    I mean the thing about Arc and Ciel is that they were always supposed to be super powerful. Nasu just wasn't capable of depicting that in Doujin Tsukihime.

Blog Entries
    Doesn't matter, TsukiR power levels got adjusted into nuTM standard because even FSN servants power levels overwhelmingly mogs DAA power levels.
    Nasu: Back when we established the abilities of the 27 Ancestors, we thought having a certain level of power was enough to make one a top ranker among Dead Apostles. But, judging our dear members of the 27 Ancestors by the post-Fate/stay Night Kinoko Fantasy standards, the ones who are just “relatively amazing” will have to leave… In our current era, having decent strength and abilities doesn’t cut for someone trying to call themself a Dead Apostle Ancestor. I’m sorry, better luck next incarnation!

Nasu: Taking TsukiR’s final destination into consideration, I organized which members needed to be laid off, which new members needed to be added, and which pre-existing members needed to be upgraded. That said, it’s already been 10 years since I came up with the new Dead Apostle Ancestor lore, so now I regret not having made them a bit stronger.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Well there is no question he upgraded the level of the characters (particularly the Ancestors) regardless of the budget of the doujin version. Arc in particular doesn't have any of the weaknesses mentioned in the old Comptiq Q&A and Ciel isn't the weakest member of the BA only there for her immortality.

It just wasn't in response to lol FGO in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Kamera, you moved the goalpost there my man.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone keep headcanon lists of historical/mythological people who reached 「 」
    IYKYK

Who killed 6 ancestor?
    DAA Zaria killed by Vlov
    DAA El Nahat and Four Limbs (Probably Merem) sealed by Church
    DAA Sword (Be'ze), Castle (Chrom Clay) and Einnashe killed by Ciel

Unlimited Sock Works.