Page 538 of 1892 FirstFirst ... 3843848852853353653753853954054354858863810381538 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,760 of 37829

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've only seen the KnK movies. That sounds pretty weird, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Kinoko: It's not quite so much the eyes, but how (R) Shiki perceives things that has a large effect on her powers. First, Mystic Eyes and brains work as a set. For example, Tohno Shiki from "Tsukihime" normally can't cut concepts like Shiki does, but that's because the specs of the Mystic's Eye's user's brain is different. Tohno Shiki isn't suited in the aspect of recognizing "concepts". (Ryougi) Shiki touched " " and became specialized in the visualization of events, while (Tohno) Shiki became submerged in death and became specialized in killing living things. By the way, Asagami Fujino's Mystic Eyes also work the same way. In her case, she can't twist things that she recognizes as not being twistable.

Recognition is a thing for Tōno too.
    I have seen the quote, but the I don't see that as tohno having the limitation that ryougi does. Say I read that is ryougi sees things as concepts, which is a significant advantage for her because seeing things as concepts allows her to kill concepts. But by the same token, if to her the concept of something is already dead, such as the lightbulb, she struggles.

Tohno is more simple, he views things on the physical plane. So he is excellent for killing things that can be perceived as having a material basis. Even things on the spiritual plane can be killed if they have some kind of physical basis can be killed, but it's a strain (Nero, roa, ect)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i found another thing

i'm not sure if it's parodying anything this time but it reminded me of the other thing

dunno the source, found it on booru

- - - Updated - - -

oh wow

that's shinji, not cu
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oh wow, it is.

And here I thought mistake Julius for Waver was my only screwup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Needs more seaweed.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For some reason it's also tagged with Extra!Assassin, though I don't see him anywhere

idk if this is the joke or something

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    For some reason it's also tagged with Extra!Assassin, though I don't see him anywhere

idk if this is the joke or something
    He's invisible.

- - - Updated - - -

So yes that's the joke.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Tohno is more simple, he views things on the physical plane. So he is excellent for killing things that can be perceived as having a material basis. Even things on the spiritual plane can be killed if they have some kind of physical basis can be killed, but it's a strain (Nero, roa, ect)
    Ryougi has shown she's more attuned to the supernatural (cue Touko's "she's death incarnate for our kind"), but Tohno has occasionally done similar exploits (vs Akiha for example)
    Last edited by aldeayeah; July 8th, 2015 at 03:36 AM.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How would you describe "Servant tier" ability without actually talking about Servants? Besides just using the word "superhuman", because that varies a lot in scale.

For starters, how would you describe a "lower-tier" level like Hassan or maybe Emiya to "average-ish" like nerfed Artoria?

Blog Entries
    Describe to who for what?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How would you describe "Servant tier" ability without actually talking about Servants? Besides just using the word "superhuman", because that varies a lot in scale.

For starters, how would you describe a "lower-tier" level like Hassan or maybe Emiya to "average-ish" like nerfed Artoria?
    Well, how do you want it described? If you want numbers its a B rank NP and average stats = Average servants.

If you wanna talk more generally Servants = DAA level.

So yeah, context pls.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Ryougi has shown she's more attuned to the supernatural (cue Touko's "she's death incarnate for our kind"), but Tohno has occasionally done similar exploits (vs Akiha for example)
    shiki's eyes are evolving. Or maybe leveling up is a better term. Even though right now he is better suited to the material, someone (sion?) says that one day he might be able to kill concepts completely beyond human imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah, fine. Okay so the purpose of the question isn't really TMish, but the comparison involved Servants which was why I was asking it here. Basically I'm making an RP, and I have a stat ranking system (for when people make their characters) to give people a general idea of what the numbers actually mean.

E = 10: Your ability in this area is below average and rather poor.
    D = 20: You fall square in the middle in this area, on the level of a perfectly average human.
    C = 40: You are trained in this area, and are generally competent.
    B = 60: ???
    A = 80: ???
    S = 100: ???
    The B, A, and S tiers were "superhuman" tiers, and the problem is the only way I can rationalize superhuman abilities nowadays is by comparing them to Servants. More specifically, A is intended to be, like, low-Servant tier (so, impressive in its own right but doesn't hold up to S) while S is, like mid-Servant tier (like nerfed Artoria without Excalibur). Meanwhile, B would be comparable to Kerry or Rin or something (though the example in my head was Hei from DtB).

So Servant abilities, not including their NP

For B and A rank you need some kind of divine or non-human blood.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i do not understand

I read it in one of the CMs. C rank is superhuman but still achievable while for B and A you need some kind of non-human blood.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dartz is mentioning that used to be commonly said that A or B rank Servant stat meant you were not fully human or at the very least had something in your blood.

Which probably isn't quite true considering Lancelot.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    I read it in one of the CMs. C rank is superhuman but still achievable while for B and A you need some kind of non-human blood.

http://tatari.byethost33.com/fuyuki/parameters.htm

this kills the arai

You know, I just realized that there is not a single bad end in which Saber Alter directly kills Shirou. Every other character, even regular Saber, killed Shirou in one of the bad ends. Yet Alter never did.

F/GO friend code: 319871588/solopy567

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh man. Sorry arai. I could have sworn I read it in one of those translated entries that were compilled in pbworks.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III