Page 765 of 1892 FirstFirst ... 26566571575576076376476576676777077581586512651765 ... LastLast
Results 15,281 to 15,300 of 37832

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Blog Entries
    All that said was that it was a short, child-like Assassin. And that wasn't a hanging plot line, that was the scene where Urobuchi was revealing that Assassin is actually a conglomerate, and was pointing out how Assassin after Assassin was appearing and they were all physically different from one another.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    There was a female Assassin, dangling plot thread, why didn't she hook up with someone, that's all female characters are there for right.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Seven words: Giant mecha superhero lion-headed Thomas Edison

Grand Order
    is now officially into Crazy Awesome territory.

Safe to say, GO is where all the Servant ideas go that are too crazy for the canon spinoffs.

Blog Entries
    Grand Order is Canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Safe to say, GO is where all the Servant ideas go that are too crazy for the canon spinoffs.
    Well memed, comrade.

Blog Entries
    Many things that are bad are 'Canon,' such as Tsukihime.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by @Keo View Post
    Many things that are bad are 'Canon,' such as Tsukihime.
    Epic troll.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    Royd aside, it's really fucking bad.
    To be fair, Edison was essentially a PR man at heart (moreso then an inventor, from what I've heard) so the over-the-top 'hero' and 'patriot' motifs make some sense in light of that. In the sense that this is an 'image' he's crafting for himself deliberately.

It does feel an awful lot like a joke design, though. Just one of many inexplicable design decisions Grand Order is riddled with (Geronimo is a Caster! Nightingale is a Berserker! Babbage is a giant mecha!)

This is at least fun by virtue of being totally over-the-top in its silliness. Who knows, maybe his personality and how he'll play off Tesla will make him actually an interesting character!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Yato's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    How the fuck do you leave out Hoshi ga Matataku Konna Yoru ni?
    Wut is this?
    [01:10] <Pai> But... but...
    [01:10] <Pai> Guys, I've been skipping the rolling animations.
    [01:10] <Orange> don't give up
    [01:10] <drakon136> don't do that
    [01:10] <Pai> I am already down 3000 dollars btw.
    [01:10] <@Lianru> oh my god
    [01:10] <Pai> In 10 minutes.
    [01:10] <Orange> wait you already rolled 3000 dollars in 10 minutes?
    [01:10] <Reiu> jesus christ
    [01:10] <Orange> how many quartz is that
    [01:10] <@Lianru> 6k
    [01:11] <@Lianru> ish
    [01:11] <Orange> 3000 dollars or 3000 quartz
    [01:11] <I3uster> dont u sometimes think pai
    [01:11] <Pai> Dollars.
    [01:11] <I3uster> u could literally buy a hooker to dress up as scathach at that price
    [01:11] <Pai> A... real woman?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    It does feel an awful lot like a joke design, though. Just one of many inexplicable design decisions Grand Order is riddled with (Geronimo is a Caster! Nightingale is a Berserker! Babbage is a giant mecha!)
    Why are you spoiling character names that are listed on the giant banner saying "this unit has a rate up"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    You never know what the mods will not know isn't a spoiler.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Because he doesn't actually play the game so he knows nothing about what is even going on.
    Why would you imply that he isn't following the source material of a work?

For shame, Arashi, casting such aspersion on his character. For shame.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Because he doesn't actually play the game so he knows nothing about what is even going on.
    He knows enough to name drop Edison, who wasn't even on the original datamine list to begin with, and Geronimo, who we knew nothing about until maintenance ended. Also, while Geronimo appears early enough in America to not really matter, Edison appears after Nightingale.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I too could glance at a wiki and go "Oh, so apparently there's something new about Edison, Nightingale, Medb, Billy, Alter Cu, and more" if I weren't playing the game.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And if you checked the wiki you'd see the giant banner with the one unit that's explicitly mentioned having a gacha rate up.

Last edited by Trubo; March 31st, 2016 at 12:11 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "Where is Edison even mentioned on this translated-to-english information about the latest update?"

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    List of Servants. "Oh, hey, Edison is in this now."

- - - Updated - - -

It's not actually hard to be oblivious about stuff in FGO if you're not playing FGO. For all the people that come here because of wiki crap and TV tropes, it isn't even apparently difficult to be oblivious about stuff in the original VN.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    List of Servants. "Oh, hey, Edison is in this now."

- - - Updated - - -

It's not actually hard to be oblivious about stuff in FGO if you're not playing FGO. For all the people that come here because of wiki crap and TV tropes, it isn't even apparently difficult to be oblivious about stuff in the original VN.
    I'm not saying that it's hard to be oblivious about F/GO stuff when you're not playing F/GO.

I'm saying that the nonsensical spoiler scheme is silly when it requires more effort to search for the stuff that was left out of spoilers than to search for the stuff that's chosen to be spoiled. That, and, if you're not sure if anything should be spoiled, spoiler tag all of it.