Page 1630 of 1892 FirstFirst ... 63011301530158016201625162816291630163116321635164016801730 ... LastLast
Results 32,581 to 32,600 of 37826

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Blog Entries
    Solar jester Arkaid Brynsted, the true protosaberface.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    As for the maids, it's probably the clothing that throws you off right away. It looks goofy.
    They look like they're straight out of the Shining.

Blog Entries
    Also jesus fucking christ trying to read japanese text is throwing about 70% of the words in a sentence into Jisho.org and moving at a handicapped snail's pace. Translators have my eternal gratitude.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    To me scrapped Ciel looks more mom than senpai. Purple eyes Kohaku is good, but the twins outfit sucked.
    Ciel really reminds me of old Ghibli designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    Reading through the information tab, aside the wonderful spelling of Tukihime, it describes the novel as サウンドノベル, which I've seen thrown around for Higurashi. My question is: why? I can't really articulate why I think it's strange, but it still strikes me as odd to describe it that way.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

here's the rest of the assets from the trial version
    I liked Arc's ero cgs more than some of the final version but whatever
    Spoiler:

from the creators of BananaShiki, here comes LemonKohaku

and a banner with everyone

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Reading through the information tab, aside the wonderful spelling of Tukihime, it describes the novel as サウンドノベル, which I've seen thrown around for Higurashi. My question is: why? I can't really articulate why I think it's strange, but it still strikes me as odd to describe it that way.
    The term Visual Novel wasn't really around in a major way yet.

Most of what we today refer to under the very broad definition of Visual Novel were then mostly relegated to what was known as "ADV"; Adventure Games! These actually also tended to have gameplay. Though more and more, story started to dominate, sometimes to the point where gameplay almost became a formality.

However, many of these early ADV games came to be defined by a very specific format: Sprites in the middle of the screen, text in a box at the bottom.

Then Chunsoft made a bunch of games where the text box was the entire screen, and there was no gameplay whatsoever. They called these "Sound Novels". People copied this format, and the appellation stuck. But it was also a trademark of theirs, so using it officially is a no-no. Guess we needed some other term in the end after all.

Blog Entries
    I see. Were Higurashi and Tsukihime in large part responsible for the uptick in the NVL format, or were there other works in their time as well doing part of the heavy lifting?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    I see. Were Higurashi and Tsukihime in large part responsible for the uptick in the NVL format, or were there other works in their time as well doing part of the heavy lifting?
    Chunsoft themselves are probably the most influential, honestly.

That said, Tsukihime did lead to a boom in doujin VNs specifically, of which Higurashi was the first. (TYPE-MOON still receive special thanks to this day in modern Higurashi productions because of a certain teacher featured in it)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah and there was To-Heart, jeez

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Proto Ciel is horrifically dowdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    People like to hate on Takeuchi but looking at his early art like this the jump in quality is undeniable.

ProtoCiel looks more forgiving, if you know what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    People like to hate on Takeuchi but looking at his early art like this the jump in quality is undeniable.
    Nearly everyone agrees he peaked around MBAACC. That Arc laying on the grass is marvelous. The general feeling is that ever since, he's stuck doing the same.
    Last edited by Crown; November 2nd, 2021 at 02:51 PM.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    The term Visual Novel wasn't really around in a major way yet.

Most of what we today refer to under the very broad definition of Visual Novel were then mostly relegated to what was known as "ADV"; Adventure Games! These actually also tended to have gameplay. Though more and more, story started to dominate, sometimes to the point where gameplay almost became a formality.

However, many of these early ADV games came to be defined by a very specific format: Sprites in the middle of the screen, text in a box at the bottom.

Then Chunsoft made a bunch of games where the text box was the entire screen, and there was no gameplay whatsoever. They called these "Sound Novels". People copied this format, and the appellation stuck. But it was also a trademark of theirs, so using it officially is a no-no. Guess we needed some other term in the end after all.
    I thought the leaf horror games were the closest precedent of tsukihime

shizuku and kizuato i mean
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Nearly everyone agrees he peaked around MBAACC. That Arc laying on the grass is marvelous. The general feeling is that ever since, he's stuck doing the same.
    I think one aspect that helps how beautiful CC looks is the difference in color pallete. He's said in interviews that the contrast is stronger and the coloring is sharper thanks to it being a fighter, comparing it to anime as well. And personally, I think it shows. The line art for most characters isn't much more detailed than what they usually are, but the difference in coloring makes them pop that much more. And honestly, the new art for stuff like TsukiRe actually does look pretty great, I only have qualms with the design changes above anything else. I don't see the complaints around stuff from the Tsuki era though, most of the problems I have are overlookable or not at fault of the artstyle, and yes the design, which to his credit does change later.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    'Yurihime'
    what was meant
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Holy shit this does not look like something out of 1999 doujin circle japan.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ah I just recently saw that in the Tsuki half moon edition extras folder, it surprisingly ran on my windows 10 machine although the controls were a bit esoteric
    don't quote me on this

Were you able to install it properly? My workaround only allowed me to extract and play the game, but I need to leave the disc in otherwise it chokes when playing music. This old image is really weird.