Page 1591 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 59110911491154115811586158915901591159215931596160116411691 ... LastLast
Results 31,801 to 31,820 of 37820

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Better than letting busybodies wander in trying to get rid of "problematic elements" to "make the series for everyone". It's like the Imperial Mages Guild from the Elder Scrolls series. In ES IV, they tried to ban necromancy because it triggered the Muggles. The ensuing war between the guild and the necromancer order resulted in the entire guild imploding and many guild and order mages dying horribly. But you know what? Given that, by the time of ESV, no one but a few vigilantes really care if you're playing with corpses (provided that you didn't murder anyone to get them), I think that all that death and destruction was worth it to get rid of the aforementioned moral busybodies.
    Er necromancy wasn't well upon by the Empire in TES III either. The Mages Guild had always been against necromancy in the first place.
    So I don't think that's a good argument to use.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No, each province has its own laws, at least in regards to certain things. Morrowind sucks because necromancy and vampirism are explicitly illegal (rather than just strongly discouraged), but then they are totally OK with living slaves. Ironic. On the subject of Morrowind, 2/3 of their gods literally encourage betrayal to the point where Berserk's Griffith would just be considered a regular citizen there. In short, necromancy is only explicitly illegal in Morrowind, but that province of dark elves is far from a moral paragon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean you're hardly some great arbiter of what's good and bad. Hard to consider someone's opinions when they're generally terrible YT videos or tweets.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Naked teenagers contribute nothing, and only distract from plot, characterization, and themes. Amusing to find someone whose complaint about new fans is that they dislike eroge rather than that they’re vapid coomers

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    only distract from plot, characterization, and themes
    Cake is good. Cake with icing is better. They do not "distract" from the flavor of the cake... Also, I think that the word you are looking is "detract".
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Hard to consider someone's opinions
    And yet, you respond. Meanwhile, you did read it... Though I suppose that was a fine ad hominem. Good job. Truly. They're "terrible" because you disagree with them. Then your opinions are "terrible", too.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; February 22nd, 2021 at 09:24 PM.

Why would you use a fictional setting to reference your problems with neo-puritans, when you could have reference real problems directly associated with neo-puritans?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Because the situation in that fictional setting ended exactly how I wanted it to.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    Why would you use a fictional setting to reference your problems with neo-puritans, when you could have reference real problems directly associated with neo-puritans?
    He just always does this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    He just always does this.
    OK:
    Because the situation in that fictional setting ended exactly how I wanted it to.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Most everyone on both sides dying is your ideal outcome?

As a person who dislikes both groups I'm okay with that, but as someone who all-in's on Evil I'd thought you'd at least want your side to win.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Many and most are 2 different words. The thing is that the implosion of the Mages Guild prevented them from enforcing the ban on necromancy in other mages organizations, such as the College of Winterhold. "Those archaic policies died out with the Mages Guild, and were never enforced here." I actually have nothing against the Order of the Black Worm and was actually happy that you could join them in Daggerfall. Unfortunately, you can't in Oblivion because Mannimarco is not looking for any new apprentices.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    And yet, you respond. Meanwhile, you did read it...

Same energy.

I don't really see why anyone should care what randos on Twitter say, nor do I find the idea of said randos being some sort of upcoming vague threat of New Age Moral Police coming to ruin TM anything less than hilariously overblown and paranoid.

However, even if one think those elements are Fine Actually, I don't think it's puritanism or at all controversial to think, for example, that Nasu overused rape of female characters as a plot element in his early works when he didn't have to, so it lost impact and was just repetitive, shlocky, and not that well written.

But who knows, maybe that's just being a ess jay dubya, or whatever the internet boogeyman is called this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What did I say about Altera and the Romans? You can at least be decent, like the Huns, and formally declare war. Also, your post is a bit irrelevant, given that AAM1232 was targeting me directly, responding by saying that my opinions specifically were "hard to consider".
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; February 22nd, 2021 at 10:11 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Are they not? Who finds it easy to have to go through videos, articles or tweets to have to figure out what is present in your head? Who wants to read racist and discriminatory nonsense that you spew now and then? It would be nice if you had some posts worth reading but they never are so why should it be considered at all in discussions?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And I don't find anything you write worth reading. Why are you continuing to post? And I don't think you understand how worthless of an insult "racist" is nowadays. It used to mean to judge people based on race. Nowadays, it essentially means not pitying people based on their race, like if they're a survivor of genocide or something, like certain snow elves, Nabateans, or... whatever race Nepto is. If anything, I call out racism, like colleges going easier on black and Hispanics, whilst scoring Asians and whites more harshly.

And I don't find anything you write worth reading. Why are you continuing to post? And I don't think you understand how worthless of an insult "racist" is nowadays. It used to mean to judge people based on race. Nowadays, it essentially means not pitying people based on their race, like if they're a survivor of genocide or something, like certain snow elves, Nabateans, or... whatever race Nepto is. If anything, I call out racism, like colleges going easier on black and Hispanics, whilst scoring Asians and whites more harshly.
    This is part of the reason GenNews was shut down...Also, your idea of racism is bullshit. None of what you described as racist is racist.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Treating people from different races differently, whether worse or better, based on their race is the very definition of racism, but enough of this. Before AAM1232's distraction, we were talking about how moral busybodies wanting to ban "problematic elements" because they trigger the Muggles/normies ultimately ends badly for the original source, and any who acquiesce to them are deserving of the painful and messy consequences.

I was talking about the evils of purity-testing and gatekeeping in fandom, and how that's also a problematic type of fundamentalism akin to religious fundamentalism.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, the whole idea of moral busybodies creating a moral panic that forces TM to erase its eroge roots is kinda ridiculous, and it also ignores Nasu's changing views on the matter. He himself views all of that as something of an old shame, even if fanservice is still a-okay.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Learn the lesson of the Mages Guild well. Bending over backwards to avoid triggering Muggles with your zombie minions really isn't worth it. They, those Muggles, are not worth it.

And yes, I understand the irony that the non-eroge have more fan service than the actual eroge. I consider the fan service a constant, needed reminder of the series' eroge roots.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; February 22nd, 2021 at 11:09 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    If anything, I call out racism, like colleges going easier on black and Hispanics, whilst scoring Asians and whites more harshly.

I find bizarre to exalt other people being hurt or offended in and of itself, but then again, calling them normies or muggles is like, peak edginess. What's next, NPC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.