Page 1626 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 62611261526157616161621162416251626162716281631163616761726 ... LastLast
Results 32,501 to 32,520 of 37818

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    nscript.dat is the file containing the game script

i collect game scripts

elaboration COMPLETE

mostly I want to see what lines changed from half moon to final release
    If I'm checking the right files, then Half Moon's should be this one.

Blog Entries
    I don't think there are any Nasu works were the gameplay is good whilst the story is bad. They're either both good, both mediocre, or the story is nice whilst the gameplay is a buggy mess (looking at you unlimited codes).
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Type Lumina is the closest, I think. The gameplay is great, but the story is pretty meh. But I haven't really gone that far in it either, just a few of the routes.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
    If I'm checking the right files, then Half Moon's should be this one.
    yep, that's the one, thanks!
    Last edited by aldeayeah; October 22nd, 2021 at 05:33 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I like how Nobu is the ultimate Christianity enjoyer without being an actual Christian fan. What with turning Christian artifacts into WMDs, like turning the Grail into a bomb or trying to summon a Biblically accurate cherubim (in Kujaku Ou).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    I don't think there are any Nasu works were the gameplay is good whilst the story is bad. They're either both good, both mediocre, or the story is nice whilst the gameplay is a buggy mess (looking at you unlimited codes).
    I thought TM would have more video game titles unter their name, but in actually TM hasn't made a lot of games at all. Quite a shame really, there's a lot of potential.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Type Lumina is the closest, I think. The gameplay is great, but the story is pretty meh. But I haven't really gone that far in it either, just a few of the routes.
    The story is close to nothing aside from some tidbits and Miyako's whole arc. All I hope is that it leads to a new, interesting MB canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    I like how Nobu is the ultimate Christianity enjoyer without being an actual Christian fan. What with turning Christian artifacts into WMDs, like turning the Grail into a bomb or trying to summon a Biblically accurate cherubim (in Kujaku Ou).
    The first time I read that I totally ruby'd Nobu with Nasu. That leads me to the (super nooby) question, who is Nobu?

It's not Nobunaga, is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Also, original MB's plot was like, the first release was somewhat important, then with Act Cadenza forward it was either kinda silly or actually quite nice depending on the character. But Lumina just uses the "what if" scenario to go haywire without necessary justification befitting a Nasuverse work. At least that's what I've seen so far of it, I don't really fancy bot battles in a system I don't really like as much as the original.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, it's Nobunaga. Check her MyRoom dialogue. She talks about turning the Grail into a bomb. Meanwhile, Nobunaga's portrayal in Kujaku Ou has his plan involving summoning a Biblically accurate cherubim as a living weapon.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I thought that was a guest writer for GO, or at least someone in the Type-Moon team that went over all the christian magecraft stuff. Also, I'm not too versed on japanese history so this could be very wrong, but it seems to me Nobunaga could've been a bit of a Westaboo all things considered. The only reasoning I have for this claim hinges on if his use of gunpowder and weaponry of the sort came from chinese influence or western influence.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, s/he is, both because of guns and because of his association with missionaries, such as Organtino.

Blog Entries
    Was there association with the portuguese as well? I always hear about how the portuguese in their grand navigation days were a big influence in japan, but is that in the same time frame? A quick wikipedia search told me Nobunaga was around in the height of Sengoku, around 1530s or so, and according to my knowledge of portuguese history, that's precisely were the navigations were at their strongest. Is the christian influence from them as well?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Francisco Xavier first reached Japan in 1545.

what's the general consensus for the translation of 伽藍の洞? the one in the subs?

I like Hollow Shrine just because it actually rolls off the tongue well, not necessarily for other reasons. I don't remember what the subs used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I like Hollow Shrine just because it actually rolls off the tongue well, not necessarily for other reasons. I don't remember what the subs used.
    I think it uses Hollow Shrine. That's what has been "established" for years now. I can't even remember any alternatives.

As for how appropriate that translation is... I'm not sure. I don't really have any strong feelings about it, but it feels somewhat wrong. I suppose this is at the end of the day nothing less than nitpicking, but a 伽藍 is closer to a monastery than a shrine. I think interpreting 洞 as hollow is fine, but when you phrase it with Hollow in front like that it looks adjectival in usage rather than what it actually is; the primary noun in this construction. Perhaps 'Monastic Hollow' would be better?
    Last edited by Petrikow; October 23rd, 2021 at 06:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Francisco Xavier first reached Japan in 1545.
    he was Spanish tho
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    what's the general consensus for the translation of 伽藍の洞? the one in the subs?
    Nunnery Hole
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Vihara Hollow
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    IIRC It was Hollow Shrine for the title of the movie and Garan no Dou untranslated for the name of the office.