Page 1650 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 65011501550160016401645164816491650165116521655166017001750 ... LastLast
Results 32,981 to 33,000 of 37843

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    ???
    Edited it to elaborate what I meant, sorry

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Edited it to elaborate what I meant, sorry
    Is your general question whether anyone can make circuits out of nerves?

I don't know. I imagine it's a yes, but I also don't imagine how they'd manage without the knowledge, which is probably the crux.

The reason why more mages don't do this is obvious. It's terrible. Shirou only does it because he has no idea what the hell he's supposed to be doing.

Tsukihime R
    Roa does it because he has no other choice

It's not a particularly useful technique. The drawbacks are too many.

yeah that was my general question, i was just curious, actually have they ever elaborate on the breathing and walking thing since thats also similar to a circuit?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    yeah that was my general question, i was just curious, actually have they ever elaborate on the breathing and walking thing since thats also similar to a circuit?
    I have a feeling there's something about in Mahoyo or Kara no Kyoukai, neither of which I am super familiar with.

Dont remember breathing and walking being similar to circuits, just that just that it'lll let you " nature interference" which is what magecraft does, not circuits

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you just need knowledge not circuits that just means Shinji didnt want to be a mage hard enough.

I mean didnt he make that glowing potion in the HF movie?

And we do have items that let you do magecraft, so it could work as a double tragedy of just accepting what zouken said and his narrowmindedness.

Something more like the tragedy of Nox from wakfu.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Figured he got it from Zouken like the "poison" earring and the sympathetic magic stone that makes it break.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean didnt he make that glowing potion in the HF movie?

And we do have items that let you do magecraft, so it could work as a double tragedy of just accepting what zouken said and his narrowmindedness.
    Shinji theoretically can do alchemy, potions, and other stuff that don't require his own energy. But he can't do his family's magecraft, so why would Zouken teach him anything?

I mean that fits a tragedy in of itself doesnt it? simialr to the angle i mentioned

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That it does.

tsukihime R
    Idea blood reminds me of the concept of disciplines in vampire the masquerade/requiem

Why are people so convinced Iskandar would start world war 3? I get it , he wants to "conquer" the world, and there were jokes about him thinking Bill Clinton is his opponent. But we're shown he's pretty good at adapting to modern world, and Fgo material states that he is driven by spirit of exploration. So wouldn't he do just that in the modern world? Maybe his conquest could be seen as more metaphorical.

His passion for conquest came not from a desire to expand his territory, but rather a strong adventurous spirit that wanted to explore the unknown world.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Iskandar also wanted to buy B-2s, among other things, and his whole identity as a Servant is based on gathering an army. I don't think any conquest of his would ever be non-violent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He literally wanted to march his way back to Macedonia conquering nations along the way.

its one of those things where i can lean one way or another

Blog Entries
    It always bugs me that TM calls him Iskandar, the Arab name, instead of just Alexander, despite retaining none of the more fantastical elements of the Arabic Iskandar Zulkarnain romance.

Fairly certain Iskandar is the Persian name, not the Arabic name. Also, it is kinda weird, especially when child Alexander is referred to as Alexander.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    He literally wanted to march his way back to Macedonia conquering nations along the way.
    No matter how the FZ fanbase whitewashes him, Urobuchi wrote a very jolly, but unapologetic tyrant who thought nothing of world war and the mass deaths it would cause. He may have his honorable moments, but that never changed.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; November 18th, 2021 at 11:35 PM.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Yes, but do note that the Iskandar Romance only enters Persia after the Islamic conquest. Previously the Persians absolutely hate Iskandar for obvious reason.

True.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    No matter how the FZ facade whitewashes him, Urobuchi wrote a very jolly, but unapologetic tyrant who thought nothing of world war and the mass deaths it would cause. He may have his honorable moments, but that never changed.
    Heh, well, of course, it didn't, as well it shouldn't. This isn't Persona nor The Christmas Carol. People don't get drastic character changes just because it offends the sensitivities of the current era.