Page 1787 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 78712871687173717771782178517861787178817891792179718371887 ... LastLast
Results 35,721 to 35,740 of 37846

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    R. SHIKI

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Da Vinci
    Da Vinci doesn't feel accidental to me honestly.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Or you could just be good, define shit and not use loopholes. That's also a valid option. Though it requires more foresight and creativity.
    @Crown. I don't think anyone's fully scanned it.
    Yes, that's true but not everyone is capable of making certain to have that level of foresight and not basically crash and burn at it. Neither option are terrible, just one looks "cleaner" than the other.

EDIT: While I can see Da Vinci being Trans, I think Da Vinci is more Non-Binary if you want to go with that since Da Vinci sees themselves as transcending both male and female and just wants to be called Da Vinci-Chan...
    First time and last time I'll be talking about this as it always feels awkward.
    Last edited by Gehennahem; October 14th, 2022 at 02:43 PM.

Leo changed himself to mona lisa and mona lisa just happens to be female. I don't think gender mattered to leo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Or you could just be good, define shit and not use loopholes. That's also a valid option. Though it requires more foresight and creativity.
    @Crown. I don't think anyone's fully scanned it.
    There is being bad and there is cutting yourself some slack. Making a decades spanning universe along your own lifetime is not something you could really achieve whilst being the most uptight, stick up the ass ass.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Honestly the universe is really cohesive and well made for something that's secondary to the main stories being told and just there to justify things and necessary for background. At least until you get spinoffs involved but they're mostly for fun the way I see it.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Honestly the universe is really cohesive and well made for something that's secondary to the main stories being told and just there to justify things and necessary for background. At least until you get spinoffs involved but they're mostly for fun the way I see it.
    I agree with you and Tomflakes. As someone who wants to finally make that first step myself into aiming to do a series(Though I know I can fall into pitfalls or never be successful but that's the breaks), the Universe Nasu has made(or atleast supervised with the other authors as of late) is actually pretty decent in comparison to others that usually fall apart under scrutiny or has too many cooks spoiling the broth.

The only negative I can give and honestly, it's not all that big as of late, is that it's only now are we finally get actual content to the West.

Blog Entries
    What does this mean

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nigel was organizing all the Odin mentions in handy infographic and either was surprised by how much presence he has for a faceless character or reached some conclusion he's not telling us.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, it's funny how Odin already did so much more than Seimei but fandom talks about Seimei so much more than Odin.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's cuz Odin is kinda sorta in FGO already
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    The bard in the preview chapter of Lost Einherjar having two ravens is so obvious that I actually wonder if it's a red herring.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    The EN TL TM fandom has a Capitalization Problem, but I don't think that means it oughta be nixed away entirely.

There's room aplenty for chuuni proper nouns and terminology, we should just be clever and creative about it.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That's cuz Odin is kinda sorta in FGO already
    Its already been shown the Gods of PHH are sort of cheerleading for us, while dubiously "helping".
    Didn't Europa have a line about PHH Zeus watching? It is kinda funny that you could have who knows how many divine blessings, curses, and marks shoved up your bum and you wouldn't even know it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    The EN TL TM fandom has a Capitalization Problem, but I don't think that means it oughta be nixed away entirely.

There's room aplenty for chuuni proper nouns and terminology, we should just be clever and creative about it.
    Yeah. I've been trying to keep it more minimal recently, personally.

But it's one of those things were aesthetics kinda matter? Capitalization breaks up the flow of a sentence. It gives emphasis on things. You can't have too much of it, or it loses purpose. Equally, there are some things that need to be emphasized, both for cool, but also for comprehension.
    Last edited by Petrikow; October 23rd, 2022 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post

What do you mean by a problem, that translators do it much too much for certain terms that come up?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mainly use capitalization as the go-to tool to deal with made up jukugo. Not a hard rule, of course. Kongen is a real word, despite its lack of common use, but Fount is capitalized for roughly the same reason why God is capitalized. Or for an example of the opposite, hematophage goes uncapitalized because it's a made up word handled as an equally made up word.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    hematophage goes uncapitalized because it's a made up word
    It's not, actually
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    My vampires are different.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehennahem View Post
    Yes, that's true but not everyone is capable of making certain to have that level of foresight and not basically crash and burn at it. Neither option are terrible, just one looks "cleaner" than the other.

EDIT: While I can see Da Vinci being Trans, I think Da Vinci is more Non-Binary if you want to go with that since Da Vinci sees themselves as transcending both male and female and just wants to be called Da Vinci-Chan...
    First time and last time I'll be talking about this as it always feels awkward.
    Da Vinci's gender is "Beautiful Genius".

Blog Entries
    All words are made up.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad