Page 1661 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 66111611561161116511656165916601661166216631666167117111761 ... LastLast
Results 33,201 to 33,220 of 37845

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Blog Entries
    I'd attribute that to a possible common myth as an ancestor of the two. With how batshit crazy arthurian legend is though, I wouldn't say it for certain.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Yeah, especially since our records of both myths come from several centuries after they may have first been told, so who knows what they might have gotten up to before the 900s - 1100s
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

It is interesting, if memory serves the general idea is that arthur is like a compilation of like 5-6 warlords from that time period

honestly what are myths we can disconnect from the whole PIE or things like 'hero of a thousand faces' (which i hear isnt even that well done as a book, its more relying on things like jungian and cant even hold up its own examples well from what ive heard)

I guess aboroginal mythology of australia and varying over isolated countries?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    I'd attribute that to a possible common myth as an ancestor of the two. With how batshit crazy arthurian legend is though, I wouldn't say it for certain.
    That’s not really applicable in this case as both the Sword in the Stone and Mordred being born of incest are both the creations of later medieval Romance writers, inserted into the canon and like most of the stuff pop culture remembers have zero basis in Celtic legend.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    A lot of things about King Arthur are the result of medieval fanfic writers. Just work with me and assume that all the fanfics are canon.

I mean several big stories are fanfics, there is one greek or roman epic thats just a self insert story.

And ive mentioned before, isnt it theorized the epic itself is just a propaganda piece bout there king at the time?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    A lot of things about King Arthur are the result of medieval fanfic writers. Just work with me and assume that all the fanfics are canon.
    Even then, your attempt at comparison is tenuous at best - especially with claiming that Arthur had "everything given to him".
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Sigmund himself is actually a pretty interesting figure. He wasn’t a great monster slayer like Sigurd. He was just a guy who got screwed over by the world. From losing his siblings to losing his father to accidentally committing incest to having his sword shattered by Odin. Dudes basically a cosmic punching bag.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Also a werewolf at one point

Shouldnt most people at least have a few circuits if you think about how heavily interbred we all are, they can appear in rando's in a decent amount like shirou + the fact that it doesnt take long to find most people having a royal or noble ancestor

Like everyone in europe is related to charlemagne or something along those lines

If memory serves you literally only need to go back 3000 years to find someone who is the ancestor of all current humans (probably barring some far flung exceptions like certain very isolated populations like uncontacted tribes)

155k years.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Shouldnt most people at least have a few circuits if you think about how heavily interbred we all are, they can appear in rando's in a decent amount like shirou + the fact that it doesnt take long to find most people having a royal or noble ancestor
    Yeah, this part sounds like a reasonable assumption. I mean, the series' champion when it comes to MP count comes from a French-Japanese baker family with no ties to magecraft.

Also, while is true that we have a common ancestor, their descendents had children with other people, that with all probability are NOT common ancestors.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    155k years.
    I thought it was about 200k years for the mitochondrial Eve and 300k for the Y-chromosome Adam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Yeah, this part sounds like a reasonable assumption. I mean, the series' champion when it comes to MP count comes from a French-Japanese baker family with no ties to magecraft.
    It's actually pretty funny, the genetic isopoint for people with european ancestry is round 1000AD, even later than charlemagne

For most jewish people its actually like 600 years ago

And there is a difference between mitochondrial eve and this type of calculation from my understanding, like if you only consider one parent vs both

And then you get things like 'your great-great-great-great-great-great-great ect' is also your great ect, aunt
    Last edited by Byegod; December 1st, 2021 at 02:59 AM.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also, while is true that we have a common ancestor, their descendents had children with other people, that with all probability are NOT common ancestors.
    Its still the truth that at some point family banged family by virtue of their being no other lifeforms with which to reproduce, even moving away still meant that you'd be breeding with family unless you suddenly had random other humans just in that area they moved in that weren't related. There are also people who have ancestors with fae, oni, gods, and the like too in this universe's continuity. .
    So I guess you can chalk that up to adding to the pool.

I mean it would be funny if a twist was magi were too focused on the idea of circuits and eugenics to realize most people have bits of magic in them just from interbreeding over time
    Last edited by Byegod; December 2nd, 2021 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Its still the truth that at some point family banged family by virtue of their being no other lifeforms with which to reproduce, even moving away still meant that you'd be breeding with family unless you suddenly had random other humans just in that area they moved in that weren't related.
    If what you are saying is true, the common ancestor should be way older.

From my understanding common ancestor depends on what your using

Mitochondrial eve/adam for example uses one parent

However with both parents the common ancestor is far far sooner, you have 2 parents, 4 grand parents, 8 great grandparents, ect ect

And at some point they start to overlap, like both your X grandparent and your great X great aunt.

How so? 300,000 years is roughly when anatomically modern humans evolved.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.