Page 1868 of 1868 FirstFirst ... 86813681768181818581863186618671868
Results 37,341 to 37,349 of 37349

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Blog Entries
    My apologies. That wasn't meant to come off as an insult.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideofago View Post
    Doesn't that also tie into the dichotomy between Tohno and Nanaya as Shiki's personalities? And both SHIKI and Akiha's views are very skewed here; his coldness to her is not one of deliberate exclusion, but of unreciprocated love, and SHIKI's incessant goal is to drive Shiki mad as part of his ultimate ploy, thus appealing to his murderous drive.
    SHIKI doesn't even know who Shiki is in that scene, neither of them recognize each other there. They're both being completely honest.

Blog Entries
    Reading this entire scene again, indeed, that was not SHIKI's intent. However, I still don't think that his view of Shiki in that scene is unskewed either, seen as he had just killed three people out of nowhere.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Tell that to Akiha.
    Spoiler:

This scene leads directly into the park bench coffee talk with SHIKI, possibly the most important scene in the game. In it, they discuss how he's a predator trying to survive in a flock of herbivores. In other words, Shiki is a cold guy who is trying to be nice, but it is not his nature, so he's not great at it. That doesn't make it wrong to try to be nice, but it is wrong to delude himself about it.
    This scene is indeed very interesting and I’d forgotten about it so I do appreciate ya bringing it up. Tohno’s maybe a character I’m kind of poor at understanding, but I would mention that I think Akiha’s statement is only completely true at the start of Tsukihime. Shiki develops across his routes and I’d say that this aspect is maybe what changes the most. Shiki’s very very attached to his love interests, his “he doesn’t have anybody he likes the most” aspect falls apart when he does I think. I think that’s something ya can see in how he literally puts Arcueid and Ciel above himself in priority, which is traditionally impossible because Shiki usually puts his own life at top priority, or when he totally snaps when he thinks Kohaku dies. So I do think that’s something to think about, but I might have a poorer understanding of Tohno than you and I apologize about that:

I will definitely die on the Ciel hill though, I feel like “Ciel seems like a nice caring person but is actually a cruel assassin” is the opposite of what you’re supposed to take away. Your thematic point still works I’d just swap it to “Ciel tries to play herself off as cruel and her kindness as a facade but the kind part is the real part.” That’s the one thing I’d say I feel strongly about if that makes sense.

Apologies if I’ve been saying some dumb stuff I hope I haven’t seemed media illiterate.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Think you guys are trying to boil complex characters and relationships down too much.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Then Tohno who was under Arcueid's ME is his 'predator' self? I kinda struggle to separate instances where it's Roa or it's just him.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Think you guys are trying to boil complex characters and relationships down too much.
    Most likely, I apologize.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Then Tohno who was under Arcueid's ME is his 'predator' self? I kinda struggle to separate instances where it's Roa or it's just him.
    Literally in the scene where he does it and Arc says "Oh no it's my ME's fault" Shiki says that isn't true. In doujin they even have all caps text that goes like "IN THE NAME OF THIS BLOOD." It's very clearly Nanaya stuff (and ultimately Nanaya stuff is just his stuff.)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Roa's the GOAT but he's not him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie25 View Post
    Most likely, I apologize.
    Nothing to apologize over.