Page 1745 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 74512451645169517351740174317441745174617471750175517951845 ... LastLast
Results 34,881 to 34,900 of 37803

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    It's actually good for his mental health tbh. Judging by his emotional reactions, he needs some time off the site too calm down. I did the same a year ago, and it helped.
    True, especially with what he's volunteered about his mental health struggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Am I the only one who wants or even imagined a fate/zero prequel starring Norikata?
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo845 View Post
    Am I the only one who wants or even imagined a fate/zero prequel starring Norikata?
    Like it focusing on his time as a magus who discovered his potential way to the Root, the Sealing Designation put on him, and the pursuit of him by freelancers and Enforcers?

Sounds like it could be fun as an OVA or something.

I am honestly intrigued about his time in the clock tower, the affairs involving the Emiya family, and all the events involving his sealing designation. I would be pleased if he just appeared as a secondary character like Altrum did
    Last edited by Alfredo845; May 24th, 2022 at 04:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

JP Friend Code
    Plot twist. He didn't get designated for sealing for possibly being able to reach the root. He got his designation for sleeping with a lord's daughters because his harem protag trait. Being an Emiya really is suffering.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Daddy Trambelio has zero tolerance for heartbreakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    When you're voluntarily leaving the site, you can ask a mod to gray out your name so people will know not to message you until you choose to come back.
    Sadly not a feature in the past.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Time for me to dump what are essentially some irrelevant shower thoughts about TM stuff I've been thinking about recently:

I think its funny that while I bemoan and complain about all Extella influences that's present in other works in the form of Velber, playing the game again made me realize... that's probably the only interesting part about the entire game. The sheer discomfort I felt in having to court these 3 unlikeable woman who had just about nothing to say about anything except how much they wanted to have sex with me was by far the worst part of the game, and that's like... 90% of it! Tamamo and Nero have at this point just become these ulcerous tumors upon the Fate story-telling corpus. The thing TM took away from Extra (and CCC?) was apparently that the reason why these characters are popular is because they're sexy (wow, what insight you have, Master Petrikow, tell me more) so now all they do with them is flaunt that one quality. The last scene of Extella might be the most horrific thing I've yet to experience. Please put them out of their misery already. How every other TM Heroine escaped this fate I will never understand. I guess they were just built different to begin with.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, the apex of TM waifus, Seibah is blessed with what appears to be a conclusive ending to her story in Last Episode. The oddness of this thing is simply the fact... well, how was this thing written by Nasu? This is a man who has spent the majority of his time writing occupied with the beauty of fleeting life and the significance of final endings. Yet here we have Shirou essentially ending up in an eternal paradise together with his equally eternal love interest. You'd think it was almost written by someone else entirely. I guess we'll never know who was the nefarious influence behind this out-of-character ending. He must've liked Saber a lot, at least!

Another thing that got a chuckle out of me recently was when I was playing the event with the cons in FGO. There was this reference to Rin and Sakura's rivalry made as Melt and Eresh were talking to each other. It was then that I realized that yes, these two are supposedly based on characters which were originally related. It's just that such relations have grown so distant as to be irrelevant. I'm not sure what to think about it. I suppose some people would cynically go "you see, that's why there's no reason for them to be x-waifu-face to begin with!" while all I can think is like, thank god Sakura and Rin wasn't dragged through the mud the same way Nero and Tamamo have been by repeating the same lubbywubby bullshit until the end of time.
    The Extella versions of Nero and Tamamo both (which unfortunately seems to be the direction Nasu/T-M has decided to go with them in every work since, from all their FGO versions to Fox Tail and eventually Extella Link) are very nearly entirely different characters from the ones in Extra.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    They no longer have emotional baggages that were prevalent back in OG Extra, which shape up their background where the purpose of the story is to have them grow out of and make peace with it. Nero who was starved for genuine affections, only groomed as political tool for Agrippina through poisoning, and then left behind by her mentor and father figure Seneca. Tamamo who descent to the human world out of curiosity, only to be ostracized and hunted by humans out of fear of her monstrous traits, and bonus point being Twice's former Servant.

None of those is present in later adaptation, due to them have already been worked out in their original game, with the drawback is the way they're portrayed nowadays.

Blog Entries
    What if Fate…

…but no Saber?
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss
    Quote me on this, 10 years from now TM will not release a global VN work.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    None of those is present in later adaptation, due to them have already been worked out in their original game, with the drawback is the way they're portrayed nowadays.
    tfw your hangups are the only things preventing you from being a completely horrible person
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    They no longer have emotional baggages that were prevalent back in OG Extra, which shape up their background where the purpose of the story is to have them grow out of and make peace with it. Nero who was starved for genuine affections, only groomed as political tool for Agrippina through poisoning, and then left behind by her mentor and father figure Seneca. Tamamo who descent to the human world out of curiosity, only to be ostracized and hunted by humans out of fear of her monstrous traits, and bonus point being Twice's former Servant.

Based on Extella Zero i see no reason for Tamamo to get over her hangups but then again im missing CCC.

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    The Extella versions of Nero and Tamamo both (which unfortunately seems to be the direction Nasu/T-M has decided to go with them in every work since, from all their FGO versions to Fox Tail and eventually Extella Link) are very nearly entirely different characters from the ones in Extra.
    Last Encore Nero is exactly like Extra Nero. And they both don't have much presence in FGO aside from Septem. But what happened to them is similar to a lot of other characters. The F/SN cast was also compeletely flanderized ever since Hollow Ataraxia especially Rin and Artoria.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah but the problem is Extella.
    FSN characters didn't get an entire game forcing players to experience their flanderization coupled with constant pandering for an excruciatingly long time.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    It has been toned down quite a bit in Link, thanks to the focus being switched to Charles the Great's assault to Moon Cell, which improves the writing. Now it no longer solely about separate factions of Hakunos and their waifus, and instead bringing up Sefar's possible resting place (Mural in the Alps), and addresing situations on Earth(Western European Plutocracy), teasing the theme for 2 in addition to Velber's follow-up invasion.

Extella also had interesting tidbits in some dialogue, like Nero talked about Simon Magus, which was unfortunately overshadowed most of the time.

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Yeah but the problem is Extella.
    FSN characters didn't get an entire game forcing players to experience their flanderization coupled with constant pandering for an excruciatingly long time.
    Hollow Ataraxia was close to that for the most part. I still don't get how people find the SoL portions of that game "good".

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean, if you like that kinda stuff you probably won't have too much of a problem with it.

That said, Hollow Ataraxia has such a meaty main story while also having tons of optional SoL that it's quite a different situation.

Extella (not Link) is mostly just a long-ass story, with no SoL but it still fails at delivering good characterization.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Hollow Ataraxia is amazing I won't stand for this defamation.

Blog Entries
    Friend and I were discussing the possibility of William Blake's mythology as a Thaumaturgical Foundation, and it kinda made me realise

Last edited by Random; May 26th, 2022 at 07:27 PM.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    You ever think how similar Goetia's Retroflow Lightyear Genesis end goal was similar to Sarda's "go back to the beginning of the universe and make it better" plan