Page 1663 of 1680 FirstFirst ... 663116315631613165316581661166216631664166516681673 ... LastLast
Results 33,241 to 33,260 of 33592

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

  1. #33241
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    It's set in a modern day city with hidden world of magic. That's urban fantasy.
    I know, im just noting outside of... kiritsugu we never really have ever seen the elements 'merge'

    Like you wont find a cursed graffiti or meet a spirit of trucks involved in car crashes in this vs say world of darkness or other staple urban fantasies outside of what... maybe araya's apartment?

    Hence why I said it doesnt feel urban fantasy

  2. #33242
    Nikiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    5213′56″N 2100′30″E
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,168
    JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    your definition of urban fantasy might be a little different

    - - - Updated - - -

    but I understand what are you trying to convey

    Chaldea Heroes

    Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

    Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

    First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

  3. #33243
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    your definition of urban fantasy might be a little different

    - - - Updated - - -

    but I understand what are you trying to convey
    Thanks, language hard

  4. #33244
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Concordia Kingdom
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,048
    US Friend Code
    559,186,926/Charle
    I hope someday Meteo will write Atlantis/Zero. There're so many exciting stories to tell.

    -The PHH Servants' fight with LB Odysseus' army in general
    -Drake's story on obtaining Poseidon's core and then ended up getting cursed
    -Argonauts' struggle which culminated in Jason being the last survivor (and Medea Lily who left for Olympus)
    -The fight between PHH Odysseus and Chiron with their LB counterparts
    -Tesla's group setting up temples and messages before going to Olympus
    -PHH Servants' fight with the two Apostles
    My current support slots





  5. #33245
    改造魔 Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,177
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    Why Meteo?

  6. #33246
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,378
    Was it Sakurai or Meteo who wrote Atlantis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  7. #33247
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Concordia Kingdom
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,048
    US Friend Code
    559,186,926/Charle
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Why Meteo?
    Wasn't he the one who wrote the chapter? So I thought he'd be more familiar with their backgrounds. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Was it Sakurai or Meteo who wrote Atlantis?
    Sakurai did Olympus, and people pointed out that crew interactions are Meteo's forte IIRC.
    My current support slots





  8. #33248
    改竄者 Falsifier Petrikow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,505
    JP Friend Code
    588,925,100
    Blog Entries
    6
    Atlantis was Higashide in most likelihood.

  9. #33249
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Concordia Kingdom
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,048
    US Friend Code
    559,186,926/Charle
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Atlantis was Higashide in most likelihood.
    Then I gotta commend him for it. It's certainly a huge improvement compared to Apo.

    In any case, I'm hoping for Atlantis prequel one day.
    My current support slots





  10. #33250
    改造魔 Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,177
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    People (me, I'm people, I'm very much people) though Atlantis was Meteo for two major reasons.

    1) With Higashide in LB1, Sakurai in LB2, Urobuchi in LB3, Minase in LB4, and the expectation that Nasu would do both 6 and 7, the process of elimination left Meteo with LB5. However, the mats came out and there was no Meteo character in Atlantis, meaning he was planning to earn his bread with LB7.
    Semi-derailment to talk about LB7 authorship
    Was, past tense, because in September OKSG's name was moved from the guest writer list to the main writer list, so I have to assume Meteo dropped the LB7 job to focus on /Requiem and OKSG is taking over for him.


    2) Nasu said Atlantis was written by the same person who did the Odysseus event, and that event is the most Meteo thing ever. It pours as much love for Circe as Salem and /Requiem did, it has Meteo's unique theatrical visual flair, and even the party dynamics feels very similar to how it was in Salem. I already knew Higashide was kind of a genius when it came to emulating other people's styles but knowing this was only Higashide's Meteo impression really blew me away.

  11. #33251
    祖 Ancestor AAM1232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,821
    JP Friend Code
    525,113,064
    So Higashide did Anastasia and Atlantis? Wish he'd worked a bit more with Sakurai for Olympus then as far as connecting the 2 chapters.

  12. #33252
    改竄者 Falsifier Petrikow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,505
    JP Friend Code
    588,925,100
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    People (me, I'm people, I'm very much people) though Atlantis was Meteo for two major reasons.

    1) With Higashide in LB1, Sakurai in LB2, Urobuchi in LB3, Minase in LB4, and the expectation that Nasu would do both 6 and 7, the process of elimination left Meteo with LB5. However, the mats came out and there was no Meteo character in Atlantis, meaning he was planning to earn his bread with LB7.
    Semi-derailment to talk about LB7 authorship
    Was, past tense, because in September OKSG's name was moved from the guest writer list to the main writer list, so I have to assume Meteo dropped the LB7 job to focus on /Requiem and OKSG is taking over for him.


    2) Nasu said Atlantis was written by the same person who did the Odysseus event, and that event is the most Meteo thing ever. It pours as much love for Circe as Salem and /Requiem did, it has Meteo's unique theatrical visual flair, and even the party dynamics feels very similar to how it was in Salem. I already knew Higashide was kind of a genius when it came to emulating other people's styles but knowing this was only Higashide's Meteo impression really blew me away.
    For what it's worth I was also skeptical that it was Higashide at first.

    One of the things that clued me in though was simply looking at his Twitter at the time of release... Higashide was the only writer retweeting Atlantis art like crazy.

    That said, I really doubt OKSG will write a main scenario. He's still listed under just シナリオ執筆 instead of メインシナリオ・シナリオ執筆
    Last edited by Petrikow; December 6th, 2021 at 10:25 PM.

  13. #33253
    改造魔 Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,177
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    Huh. I don't know when it was rearranged like that.

    I guess he was added to the regular writer list so he could write stuff like Nagiko's first interlude or Nagiko's special scene in Summer 6 without having to comment about it. If that's the case, it's really weird Keikenchi doesn't get the same treatment, though.

  14. #33254
    改竄者 Falsifier Petrikow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,505
    JP Friend Code
    588,925,100
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Huh. I don't know when it was rearranged like that.

    I guess he was added to the regular writer list so he could write stuff like Nagiko's first interlude or Nagiko's special scene in Summer 6 without having to comment about it. If that's the case, it's really weird Keikenchi doesn't get the same treatment, though.
    Perhaps it's because he's not a freelancer, but works for TYPE-MOON directly?

    It is a bit of an odd distinction though, I agree.

  15. #33255
    other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Yogya
    Age
    36
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,837
    Keikenchi is not TM employee, but somehow he has his own desk in TM office.

  16. #33256
    workspace

  17. #33257
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Concordia Kingdom
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,048
    US Friend Code
    559,186,926/Charle
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    People (me, I'm people, I'm very much people)
    Oh right, I remember now, you made an article that identifies each writer's style based on tells and cues. That's also where I read about Meteo first.
    My current support slots





  18. #33258
    Why do we give atlas a pass vs not giving extra/olympus magitech stuff a pass?

    Is it cause the machines or whatever atlas use look like... more constructs than scifi?

  19. #33259
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Concordia Kingdom
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,048
    US Friend Code
    559,186,926/Charle
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Why do we give atlas a pass vs not giving extra/olympus magitech stuff a pass?

    Is it cause the machines or whatever atlas use look like... more constructs than scifi?
    Atlas is a Divine Spirit, there's nothing 'construct' about him. Then again, nothing much known about him when all he did was preventing Alien God's descent.
    My current support slots





  20. #33260
    Ph. D. Herod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Age
    46
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Atlas is a Divine Spirit, there's nothing 'construct' about him. Then again, nothing much known about him when all he did was preventing Alien God's descent.
    I think he's talking about the Atlas institute.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •