Page 1587 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 58710871487153715771582158515861587158815891592159716371687 ... LastLast
Results 31,721 to 31,740 of 37818

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

dont forget sakurafaces

JP Friend Code
    Not even the blue Saber, looks like blue was truly owakon against red

Spoiler:

we are reaching levels of Fakery not previously thought possible!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I noticed that Kimetsu no Yaiba's Muzan, despite being an Asian as a human, has a strain of vampirism closer to western styles, as per Vampire the Masquerade, given that his primary method of "reproduction" is through the transfer of blood. Meanwhile, Roa, despite being European as a human, has reincarnation powers that makes whoever his new host is into a vampire. This method of turning is, according to VtM, closer to the Kijin (or Kuei-jin, whatever) style of "spirits wearing bodies": https://vtmb.fandom.com/wiki/Kuei-jin Roa can also turn via blood transfer, like western-style vampires, but his primary method of maintaining his own existence is through that reincarnation, a spirit changing bodies, like a serpent changing skin.

Pokemon X Fate

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The original Fate/Stay Night anime had it's 15th anniversary yesterday.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Do any of you try to avoid certain discussions on fate/nasu related stuff, like due to IRL stuff or high emotions?

I try to avoid discussions on zouken/tokiomi/kariya/sakura due to the opinions here and my own history with abuse, that and some servant discussions as well due to some of my opinions on nasu's opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Do any of you try to avoid certain discussions on fate/nasu related stuff, like due to IRL stuff or high emotions?

I try to avoid discussions on zouken/tokiomi/kariya/sakura due to the opinions here and my own history with abuse, that and some servant discussions as well due to some of my opinions on nasu's opinions
    I avoid Fate comments sections. Powerlevel jerkoff sessions are best left ignored, as is the layman's discussion on Zero, as is anything to do with Origins. All of these because the fanbase is insufferable.
    As for Nasu stuff I just ignore anything to do with timeline pruning because it's fucking stupid and I'd rather not get mad about it.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Enkidu and Scathach aren't even divine...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Jesus. Christ.

But yeah, the only real discussion thing I would say I avoid is stuff like powerlevel discussions, other than that not really. I don't exactly suffer from any sort of trauma or anything either, though. Other than that for me it's more about where I talk more than what I talk about, like I only really use BL and a few small discord servers (or rather specific channels within some servers), some of which are more or less regulated or run by me, if not actually just my own server with me and friends. I feel like it goes downhill real fast when you move into a bigger forum like reddit/twitter/wherever people talk about this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The main topics I tend to avoid are the weird /Zero takes you see everywhere, and SIN's True Ancestor lore. Lovecraft used to be like that as well, but now I feel like the concept already gained enough substance and narrative significance to no longer be a source of headaches.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    When I got into Fate I wasted way too much time after all these "best king" rants which followed Zero. Now the mere thought of another discussion about Iskandar vs Artoria makes me nauseous.
    Same thing for anything about Shirou.

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    These will give me nightmares.

And yeah while I love discussing powerlevels in general, I'd rather stop talking about them for good than comment on youtube, reddit or... pretty much anywhere but on this forum. It's just infuriating most of the time.

I avoid powerlevel discussion at times with nasu cause its all narrative fiat and undefined abilities.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    That's not just Nasu, that's how every work of fiction works. That's how you get "Batman with prep beats Superman!" and "Spider-Man defeats Firelord" - because the authors felt those would make for better stories.

Who'da thought
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Cant stand powerlevel mfs, and zero discussion is best ignored cause its an endless loop of "Nasu bad hentai game yuck" and "NOOOOOOOOO NASU NOT BAD UROBUCHI BAD".

Powerlevels are fun when they're theoretical wang-jousting, it's when numbers come up that it all becomes stupid.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    No matter how much you study a series' powerscaling at the end of the day it will just be guess work, and the author could always wake up one day and ruin all of it with a single sentence. In vs debates you just try to find the current most likely option/explanation, or the least dumb, and I find it a fun activity as long as the series hasn't completely ruined any semblance of consistent powerscaling.

Problem is when people start taking it like they're discussing politics.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Powerlevels are fun when they're theoretical wang-jousting, it's when numbers come up that it all becomes stupid.
    I've dropped off so many shonen anime when they start trying to quantify power levels. The most memorable being Seven Deadly Sins, where I was fine with all the bullshit special abilites and asspull powerups, right up until they gave the supporting character a scouter to explain why the villain is so scary (not because he's leading a successful coup and is basically possessed by Satan, but because his number was just so big)
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    I've always been surprised that the Dragon Ball fandom sticks so hard to trying to give characters definitive, numerical power levels when the whole point of Toriyama introducing that was to show it didn't mean anything since the protagonists routinely beat the people with bigger numbers.