Page 1532 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 53210321432148215221527153015311532153315341537154215821632 ... LastLast
Results 30,621 to 30,640 of 37818

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Ah yes, Keynes the famous magus of the Department of Economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Maynez when
    Mayonez Melloi with his Heinoz Mayonum

So, this is a "what if", what if you are in a HGW in Fuyuki and you have a Servant with a nuke-like NP (Anti-Army/Anti-Fortress/Anti-Country or whatever), like Karna or Gawain. So when you calculate that the battle more or less begin, in the middle of the day (when you aren't supposed to fight) and directly over the whole town you make your Servant fire their NP boosted with a Command Seal and wipe the whole city. If that doesn't kill the 6 other Servant it should at least kill the other Masters. Should you be able to win the war like that?

Blog Entries
    in principle yes, but in practice protagonists always survive - also you now have a bunch of angry clock tower enforcers coming after you - good luck
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But if the nuker is the protagonist, he's also guaranteed to survive the enforcers because being hunted for his actions is a plot for a sequel.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Protagonists typically don't nuke cities, though, contrary to what the US army and government may believe.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rather than main story material, the nuking thing sounds more like backstory material for an edgy protagonist such as Kerry. A spaghetti incident of sorts that gets explained gradually during the main work.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I'd imagine the servant will tell you nuking the city will take unimaginable amounts of prana, which you will try to set up, and the protagonist will try to interrupt and they almost do and then you nuke the city but you don't really have everything you needed so you don't quite nuke it but make a huge mess and so your exhausted servant duels Saber in the burning city and then something something grail mud nobody wins

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    I'd imagine the servant will tell you nuking the city will take unimaginable amounts of prana, which you will try to set up, and the protagonist will try to interrupt and they almost do and then you nuke the city but you don't really have everything you needed so you don't quite nuke it but make a huge mess and so your exhausted servant duels Saber in the burning city and then something something grail mud nobody wins
    This is under the assumption that you had the mana to spare and you actually manage to nuke the city, because you did it so fast as you could and in the middle of the day. Could you get away putting the blame in other Servant or an collateral damage? also, you nuked the church too, so it shouldn't give you a bit of time or advantage?

If you nuke the land you would potentially mess up the grail.

insert what am I fighting for.

This is basically the bigger version of Ozy vs others in fragments isn’t it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    This is under the assumption that you had the mana to spare and you actually manage to nuke the city, because you did it so fast as you could and in the middle of the day
    Large-scale NPs shouldn't be hard to detect and counter-act (see Gilgamesh vs Arthur in Fate/Prototype). And Masters don't really have to stay in the city all the time (Einzbern Castle etc).

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not to mention a number of noble phantasms that can protect one or multiple masters, or even just outright nullify your attack.
    Basically, with so many variables, this plan is as likely to succeed as "hoping that all other masters die of cardiac arrest" is.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I've heard that an (alleged) descendant of Nightingale has been commenting on her Fate portrayal. Is this true? To go off on a tangent, I know that historical Reinhard Heydrich also has living relatives, but apparently, his RL son is too busy trying to refurbish his father's castle to care about any fictitious portrayals.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, a guy claiming to be her descendant has posted on Reddit a few times.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Less "has been commenting" and more "commented one year ago". Ever since the incident he used FGO's Nightingale as his Twitter icon a few times and made some pixel art of her, but overall he has no real interest in getting to know FGO for real.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Did he engage with the assassin’s creed fandom too?
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He also did one of those "trying to name characters you've never seen before" video with FGO Servants.

Honestly, the fact that he's so uninterested in FGO makes me believe him more.

US Friend Code
    He posted this letter from her once that was in his attic or something.
    I believe him too. If I wanted clout from being related to someone famous, Nightingale's great grandnephew isn't the one I'd go with.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Nightingale Alter biting chunks of meat off the enemies when?

- - - Updated - - -

More seriously, I reiterate I wish Fate/whatever had never actually used historical figures instead of legendary ones - or rather, that it gave those a proper in-depth treatment.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Nightingale Alter biting chunks of meat off the enemies when?

- - - Updated - - -

More seriously, I reiterate I wish Fate/whatever had never actually used historical figures instead of legendary ones - or rather, that it gave those a proper in-depth treatment.
    Thing is, the line is so blurry that it may as well be non-existent. Is Gilgamesh real? Did the 3 Kingdoms Servants really do that which they did in the novel? Of course, there is also Vlad who hates his fictitious portrayal, while Nobu embraces it.