Page 1742 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 74212421642169217321737174017411742174317441747175217921842 ... LastLast
Results 34,821 to 34,840 of 37843

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adventures vol 1
    "Miss Luvia's and your magecraft are very similar. It might have been convergent evolution into the same idiosyncratic jewel magecraft. More in the fundamentals than the superficial. If the essence of her magecraft is the circulation of value, then yours is closer to the accumulation of value."

「同じ宝石魔術ならではの収斂進化かもしれないが、君の魔術とルヴィア嬢のそれはよく似ている。上っ面より も本質的な部分においてだ。彼女の魔術の本質が価値の流動とすれば、君のそれは価値の蓄積に近 いかな」
    Quote Originally Posted by vol 1 case files
    "I'm talking about the jewels." Watching her out of the corner of his eye, he spoke softly. "I presume you can feel the pulse from within the ruby. But that's only half of the power you should be using."

"...what?"

Normally, those were the kind of words she would brush off with a laugh. Even if my master was a Lord, Luvia still bore the pride of generations of the Edelfelt family. The fact she was willing to lay that pride aside for even a moment signified a major change within her.

"We were talking about it before. The true nature of the Edelfelt magecraft is not in taking pride in value. It's the circulation of that value. Wind already blows. Water already flows. While the jewel symbolizes your heart, it also symbolizes everything in the outside world. Even that darkness is just a part of that 'everything.' Water flows from high to low, electricity moves from high to low, that flow of power is the essence of your magecraft. Just as you draw out the power of the jewel with each beat of your heart, feel also the power of the depths within that darkness."
    It's only natural.
    Power exists to grant your own wishes.
    Compassion does no good for others.
    Kirei says so often, but everything is balanced because everything you do comes back to you.
    One gets energy because actions circle around to create more energy.

But not having that means never being replenished.
    For example, if one lives for others and not oneself, I'm sure one would run out of power right away.
    If there were such a thing as disposable money, that's what it would be like.
    It'd be used by strangers, and it'd only disappear after it's used.
    It's easy to take advantage of it, and that it'd be used is already a given.
    That's why in the end…
    He saw many betrayals, and his life was ended by "someone" he saved.
    I was looking for Heroic Spirit qualification quotes and came across this. Reminded me of something I read from Adventures.
    With the new information, the part where Rin indirectly quotes Kirei seems to be in the context of magecraft (In reference of the Tohsaka magecraft when teasing her? When actually teaching her something? Your guess is good as mine.)
    If that's the case, either Kirei was teaching Rin the wrong form of the Tohsaka magecraft or Tokiomi himself didn't know, was passing down the original Eldefelt style, and had not realized the style had diverged from the Eldefelt style.
    Also is the first time Sanda lets Waver be completely wrong without figuring the right answer?
    Last edited by You; May 18th, 2022 at 07:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    WAIT WUT THAT LINE IS ACTUALLY LEGIT!? DOES AOKO AND TOUKO HAVE A voyeurism
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    Spoiler:

escaping with aoko to mexico
    Last edited by Namelesss; May 18th, 2022 at 08:23 PM.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

マリーの味方
    after some time for reflection after finishing lb6, i've come to realize something: oberon is literally me

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    after some time for reflection after finishing lb6, i've come to realize something: oberon is literally me
    Wouldn't this line be a lie then

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's a call for help.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Who do you contact for these sorts of problems?

I recommend talking this over with the Priest.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    How bad do you imagine the inevitable Netflix/western live action version of any of the fate series, tsukihime and Kara no kyoukai will be?

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    How bad do you imagine the inevitable Netflix/western live action version of any of the fate series, tsukihime and Kara no kyoukai will be?
    What are you talking about? We already have a Netflix Fate show:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Gohyuinshee View Post
    I recommend talking this over with the Priest.
    A priest that likes spicy food is recommended if possible.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I was looking for Heroic Spirit qualification quotes and came across this. Reminded me of something I read from Adventures.
    With the new information, the part where Rin indirectly quotes Kirei seems to be in the context of magecraft (In reference of the Tohsaka magecraft when teasing her? When actually teaching her something? Your guess is good as mine.)
    If that's the case, either Kirei was teaching Rin the wrong form of the Tohsaka magecraft or Tokiomi himself didn't know, was passing down the original Eldefelt style, and had not realized the style had diverged from the Eldefelt style.
    Also is the first time Sanda lets Waver be completely wrong without figuring the right answer?
    What is Waver wrong about?

And what did you get from heroic spirit qualifications, as i feel if you compiled all of them or implied ones it would be a bit of a mess

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    What is Waver wrong about?
    Convergent evolution is when two totally different things happen to naturally evolve into something analogous. For example, the dolphin ancestor was land dwelling mammal and the fish ancestor was likely similar to a sea squirt. Fish and dolphins look pretty similar even if they are genetically very different.
    The relationship between the Eldefelt and Tohsaka jewelcraft is not that because we know interbreeding happened. The Eldefelt side definitely influenced the Tohsaka style.
    Therefore, Waver's hypothesis of convergent evolution is wrong.
    Of course, he's not privy to this information like the reader is, so it's not like he should have deduced it. But I guess it goes to show even Waver isn't infallible when assessing magecraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Is what kirei said even in context of magecraft?
    I thought it's a fundamental logic.
    Wait it wasn't kirei said that.
    It's Rin's opinion here

US Friend Code

I know people in Ancient Near East myth lived a long time but does anyone else think it's odd that Lugalbanda was alive a whole ten thousand years before Gil?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think it's weirder that he was able to make a deal with an entity that otherwise seems like a mindless giant with the single objective of destroying everything.

Considering the context of how different gods reacted to Velber, he probably doesn't mean his mortal father.

Wasn't his father like a demi god too?