Page 1538 of 1889 FirstFirst ... 53810381438148815281533153615371538153915401543154815881638 ... LastLast
Results 30,741 to 30,760 of 37765

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Thanks, I hate it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Explain further.

Someone make a medieval tune for this 'art'

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Explain further.

- - - Updated - - -

(https://htck.github.io/bayeux/#!/)

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Explain further.
    Check the filename.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    So I stumbled across the 1d4chan Nasuverse article and got pretty mad about what was there and added a whole bunch of things that aren't Fate. You can fix any gross inaccuracies, I guess.

Tone is just kind of what the site is like, I just feel it deserved better than what was there before.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown

Man, Red Dragon was a blown opportunity

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, just imagine what a real GM with a real party of people that actually care about constructing a good story together could have done with those resources.

I'm tempted to add the 'to properly represent a Holy Grail War in tabletop the players must rip their sheets in half at the start of an encounter and then fence with their dicks' one, but probably wouldn't get away with it.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Chaos Dragon should have been the meta shitpost session all along

US Friend Code

This is canon now and you can't convince me otherwise.

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Oversimplified metaphor I've used with friends to help explain some of the differences between different phenomena at a very basic conceptual level, so I'm putting it here too cause why not. Imperfect as all metaphors are. Accepting other sandwich-based explanations so long as they don't break it.

Modern magecraft's ordering a sandwich on Grubhub. You learn how to do it, take appropriate preparations, use a system that many other people created over time (the menu) to communicate what you want to happen and provide 'payment' to realize your desired result to another existence (the restaurant). That entity then executes the thing you wanted and delivers that phenomenon to you in exchange.

By contrast, AoG magecraft is telling the chef to make you a sandwich. You have a more direct line to the entity that executes these phenomena because of a personal relationship and can get better things or things out faster, but you're still ultimately limited by the chef, the restaurant, and what they can make.

True Magic's breaking into the kitchen to make your own sandwich. You can do all sorts of wacky things you could never order at a restaurant cause you're on your own and nobody can stop you from putting chicken tenders in a sandwich, but you're more "limited" than when you order from the restaurant cause you aren't a chef and don't know how to fucking cook.

Marble Phantasm is that you're staffed at the restaurant. You have a job, and that means you can make a sandwich. You're technically not allowed to make the sandwich for yourself, though- you're only really 'supposed' to make it when your boss tells you to. And you can only make the sandwich per the restaurant's specifications, so you can't get too crazy outside of your personal menu.

Authority is "you have a sandwich because you have a sandwich". You just have a sandwich. How did you get the sandwich? That's not relevant. You have a sandwich. You can do what you want with this sandwich. Amazing. Congratulations.

But adult ushi is Genghis Khan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    We don't do that around here

oh TM will do it just you wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    I admit I haven't read much on the subject but the connection seems as flimsy as the one between Scathach and Skadi.

Which means they'll do it.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I came to realize the other day
    that Gil wanting to flood the Earth with Grail mud in order to usher in a new humanity
    is a DeEP rEFeREnCE to myth.

>Result of Utnapishtim
    Damn, I feel especially dumbsmart, especially given how obvious this is in hindsight. I suppose the game having the tact to not outright say "This is just like in the myth of yore!" helped to keep it largely as an open-secret--albeit less open and secret given Fate/Proto Gil's NP.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    I came to realize the other day
    that Gil wanting to flood the Earth with Grail mud in order to usher in a new humanity
    is a DeEP rEFeREnCE to myth.

>Result of Utnapishtim
    Damn, I feel especially dumbsmart, especially given how obvious this is in hindsight. I suppose the game having the tact to not outright say "This is just like in the myth of yore!" helped to keep it largely as an open-secret--albeit less open and secret given Fate/Proto Gil's NP.
    I think Nasu also referenced that for Tiamat, because the Chaos Tide was said to be literally grail mud in the magecraft world and the flood it cause will be worse than the great flood that Utnaphishtim faced. FSN Gil basically tried to do what Tiamat tried to do in Babylonia. No wonder Gil was extremely respectful to her.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Rule of Threes.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I admit I haven't read much on the subject but the connection seems as flimsy as the one between Scathach and Skadi.

Which means they'll do it.
    Honestly when they do something like that it strikes me as them saying 'we're not sure this will stand on its own so we will bullshit a connection'