Page 1531 of 1889 FirstFirst ... 53110311431148115211526152915301531153215331536154115811631 ... LastLast
Results 30,601 to 30,620 of 37765

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    musashis outfit is less of a kimono and more of a kimono inspired silk nightgown

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As you know, Gilgamesh was not turned evil by the Grail, but he is so disappointed in the fact that the same humanity who was once able to do this:

when faced with divinity incarnate has now devolved to, as the comments say, "snapchat, ticktock and karens". However, when you think about it, isn't it because the gods are defeated that people no longer have something to fear nor worship? Something to keep them on their toes? Of course, you could also blame a certain pansy carpenter for perversely redefining what it means to be a king or god.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    As you know, Gilgamesh was not turned evil by the Grail, but he is so disappointed in the fact that the same humanity who was once able to do this:
    when faced with divinity incarnate has now devolved to, as the comments say, "snapchat, ticktock and karens". However, when you think about it, isn't it because the gods are defeated that people no longer have something to fear nor worship? Something to keep them on their toes? Of course, you could also blame a certain pansy carpenter for perversely redefining what it means to be a king or god.

You really enjoy ribbing on christianity dont you? But a group that need guda of all people to inspire them doesnt make me think highly of the,

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post

Ah yes, the notoriously gentle and toothless Christian religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Ah yes, the notoriously gentle and toothless Christian religion.
    Remember the time jesus totally didnt kick out a bunch of people in a temple with a whip? I sure do! /s

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Remember the time jesus totally didnt kick out a bunch of people in a temple with a whip? I sure do! /s
    I was mostly referring to the whole, y'know, Europe between the 4th and 20th centuries.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jesus: Rich people are going to Hell
    Every rich Christian throughout history: No but what he ACTUALLY meant was...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    You really enjoy ribbing on christianity dont you? But a group that need guda of all people to inspire them doesnt make me think highly of the,
    Well, the "pansy" line was from Maggot Baits. Also, I notice that you ended your sentence on "the". Was there anything else to add there?

JP Friend Code
    I'm guessing that's supposed to be a them

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I'm guessing that's supposed to be a them
    Yeah that was supposed to be 'Them'

Also my own thoughts

I think vlad is one of the best built servants in fate in general, a great balance of flair and history, his manga dracula NP is so much better looking than the anime's holy shit.
    Last edited by Byegod; May 30th, 2020 at 07:19 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    So Fiore's Bronze Link Manipulators has four limbs, but within Apocrypha, only three are shown in use and named: Jupiter: Tin Arm of Protection, Mars: Iron Arm of War, and Saturn: Lead Arm of Roaring. This is a callback to the seven metals of Antiquity (gold, silver, copper, tin, lead, iron, and mercury), each associated with one of the seven classical "planets", hence the different planets-metals pairs for the limbs.

So what's the name of the unnamed fourth limb? My headcanon is that it's Venus: Copper Arm of Love(?). Why Venus instead of the Sun, the Moon, or Mercury? Symmetry. The association between Jupiter and Saturn is obvious, it's father and son who fought each other. So Mars and Venus, frequently put into opposition as masculinity and femininity, makes sense.

Also, I'm no mineralogist, but gold and silver don't fit with the others (and bronze) due to being considered precious metals, while mercury is its own weird thing (and already used by fellow Eulyphis magus Kayneth, so Fiore probably wanted not to copy it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    So Fiore's Bronze Link Manipulators has four limbs, but within Apocrypha, only three are shown in use and named: Jupiter: Tin Arm of Protection, Mars: Iron Arm of War, and Saturn: Lead Arm of Roaring. This is a callback to the seven metals of Antiquity (gold, silver, copper, tin, lead, iron, and mercury), each associated with one of the seven classical "planets", hence the different planets-metals pairs for the limbs.

So what's the name of the unnamed fourth limb? My headcanon is that it's Venus: Copper Arm of Love(?). Why Venus instead of the Sun, the Moon, or Mercury? Symmetry. The association between Jupiter and Saturn is obvious, it's father and son who fought each other. So Mars and Venus, frequently put into opposition as masculinity and femininity, makes sense.

Also, I'm no mineralogist, but gold and silver don't fit with the others (and bronze) due to being considered precious metals, while mercury is its own weird thing (and already used by fellow Eulyphis magus Kayneth, so Fiore probably wanted not to copy it.)
    Sounds reasonable.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

You posted this before, right? I didn't comment on it before, but nice theory, I buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    You posted this before, right? I didn't comment on it before, but nice theory, I buy it.
    If I did post it before, let it be known that I apologize and want to die of embarrassment

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of Darnic, random headcanon.

So what's the name of the unnamed fourth limb? My headcanon is that it's Venus: Copper Arm of Love(?). Why Venus instead of the Sun, the Moon, or Mercury? Symmetry. The association between Jupiter and Saturn is obvious, it's father and son who fought. So Mars and Venus, frequently put into opposition, makes sense.

please don't die
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    ARGH

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If I did post it before, let it be known that I apologize and want to die of embarrassment
    Reines = ライネス
    Kayneth = ケイネス

never going to let you go
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    I miss Layneth

US Friend Code
    Keines

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Maynez when
    canon finish apo vol 3