Page 1665 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 66511651565161516551660166316641665166616671670167517151765 ... LastLast
Results 33,281 to 33,300 of 37845

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

You'd think they would have hinted at it more then tbh

and as someone who does like hermetism and such, it would feel at minimum a waste to merge them with mecha gods (yes i know they weren't always like that but now that a appearance has been set, they will default to it)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    The sci-fi elements have been present in TM works dating back to Notes. during their doujin days, of which some of its concepts are referenced and used for Atlas' backgrounds, like Black Barrel.

The Mecha gods aren't Mecha anymore since 12000 BC.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Considering their mechanical nature still informs Servant character design, I don't think that really matters.

I don't think it's really a problem anyway. If vampires can be alien clones, Greek gods can be alien robots.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Well most of the vampires were OCs, and honestly vampires dont have a cohesive mythology or folklore, nor any real figures outside of dracula as far as i can recall.

Plus they didnt look sci fi mostly.

Vs greek gods where it kinda felt like even the writers were having trouble melding the two ideas.

Blog Entries
    Vampires are just bloodsuckers. They do have parallels/equivalents in many cultures and mythologies.

Yeah, but there typically a species then a particular figure

I do know of a australian one, its like a giant red frog thing

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Greek gods being alien mechas is good actually

Blog Entries
    Bold statement, but I actually agree. The only thing I dislike about TM Olympians is Sefar having way too much influence in their history.

US Friend Code
    I don't think much of it one way or the other, but I've also never been very interested in Greek mythology.

I think its just boring, it dilutes greek lore by making mecha stuff at the forefront as well as it felt like they were having trouble working with both greek myth and mecha stuff when they had to go 'oh all non olympians are gods that got assimilated' along with some other things, plus with odyssues it feels like they miss the point of his myth, but thats to be expected

Plus it makes me think something similar to what i said on gil and the immortality elixir

instead of "magic and tech are incompatible" its "humans are doing it wrong" when fucking gods have nanomachines, but i also think mystery is harder to justify than 'theres more mana in the past'

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    1. Mechas are cool
    2. Alien robots fit in with a lot of themes they can explore. People deifying what they don't understand fully, the absolutely insane and inhuman nature of the gods in mythology (almost as if they were emulating human emotions but missing the mark), the way gods transform and change with interpretations and time (robot transformations)
    3. Greek shit has ben done to death straight so much I'll take anything weird and absurd they can do with it

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I actually don't have much problem with the Greek gods being robots either.

On the other hand, I don't like the idea that they're aliens. Nasu has always rubbed his shoulders close to SF ideas so it shouldn't really come as much of a surprise, but it still sort of bothers me that these things are allowed to be so much of an 'outside context' existence. Obviously the same goes for a lot of the Sefar stuff. Because their origins are so removed from anything previously established it sort of means they don't have to be explored too much, which is a shame.

It's just sort of strange to think that there are all these weird alien civilizations floating around in space in the Nasuverse and we'll never know the context of them. With that in mind, did it really matter for them to be aliens in the first place?

Personally, I would've found it quite interesting if the time when Gods dominated the planet simply meant that their shapes mirrored what appears as modernity for us, as it was their "era of greatness", so to speak.

Though I will say, partially I think my own ill-will towards the alien idea mostly just comes from the scene with Chaos in Olympus which single-handedly brought down my enjoyment of the story by a great amount.
    Last edited by Petrikow; December 8th, 2021 at 08:49 AM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    aside from Shounen manga, Kinoko's liking for SRW is too obvious.

I feel like mecha stuff has good placement or ways to be used like for example Babbage doesn't annoy me, nor does talos being Big-O (somewhat at least)

For greek myth... I mean daedelus is right there.

Personally my way of doing it would have been to just have the gods kill sefar and take the tech to augment themselves, it creates less writing issues while still in-effect giving what nasu wants.
    Last edited by Byegod; December 8th, 2021 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    aside from Shounen manga
    That has to be a brand new thing.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Nasu has always liked shounen, though I do feel at times he gets far too 'referency' like with Romulus-quirinus being a big saint seiya reference and thats half of what he is.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Kinoko is still reading weekly shonen jump magazine.

also he did official recommendation for Kimetsu (before anime adaptation) and undead unluck recently.

If takeuchi kept his old saint seiya ripoff artstyle petrikow showed , quirinus would have looked better
    Last edited by Byegod; December 8th, 2021 at 09:17 AM.