Page 1562 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 56210621462151215521557156015611562156315641567157216121662 ... LastLast
Results 31,221 to 31,240 of 37806

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    If they used to be an awesome badass then the servant is probably weaker, because the container shoves them into an archetype and limits their access to all of their cool stuff at once.

If they were a relative nobody who got famous because they did/created a famous thing, then the servant is probably much stronger, because it gives them baseline superhuman abilities, and that thing they did is now a Noble Phantasm, when it wasn't before.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a lot of other stuff. Most people with Magic Resistance did not have it in life, unless they weren't entirely human.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Example: Jeanne Ruler has EX MR. Jeanne Alter Lancer has A+ MR. Jeanne Archer has B MR. Jeanne Alter and Alter Berserker have no MR.

We know Ruler container gives a big MR boost. Martha goes from A to EX, Quetzacoatl goes from A to A+, Malik gets A, Mothman gets B+. Astraea and Sherlock get nothing, instead getting different class skills, which makes sense in Sherlock's case (but not really in Luvia's).
    Lots of other people get MR based on their acts in life, like George, in whose case it explains why he has it - because of the Golden Legend, and because he is really an elemental. We can figure out from this that MR has three components: Container, Inhuman Nature, and Legend.

Jeanne is completely human, so it stands to reason that her MR comes from a history of divine protection (dodging cannonballs). God gives MR to good girls only. Little girl gets it because she is acting as a saint, annoying kuso tsunderes get nothing. Since Archer only gets B, though, and Archers already get a tiny bit of MR from the container (typically D-C), we can assume Jeanne's 'innate' MR is actually minimal. This small bit is either something she gets from her legend as a servant, or indeed divine protection she had - her inhuman nature as a Saint. She might have had counted as E or D MR in life, which is still pretty impressive for a living human.

This is completely inconsistent with what we're shown in Orleans, but that's ok, because Orleans is basically not canon.

- - - Updated - - -

In case it's not obvious, Jeanne is an example of a servant who probably wasn't much in life, but gets buffed to Super Saint God Super Saint powerlevel from her legend.
    Last edited by Ratman; July 27th, 2020 at 11:41 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And then there's Innocent Monster, which turns the Servant into something completely different from what they were in their lifetimes if they got memed hard enough.

Blog Entries
    * n.b. does not apply in cases where it would interfere with giving them tits
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

And some just ignore there myth when nasu feels its convenient to wanking them.

Nasu writes very few servants at this point in time but yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Servants are a mix of the sublimated soul, legends and information really. More than that the Heroic Spirit which is the full sum isn’t really a straightforward database or concept it is? Every heroic spirit is weird but just thing of something that’s both Dracula, Extra Vlad and Apo Vlad at the same time along with any other potential other aspects of Vlad that don’t fit into other classes or can be other classes for him

Blog Entries
    I was listening to the babylonia anime ost and I just realize how they really drop the ball on that finale. Instead of an all out fight between gods and monsters, we just get Ritsuke running until Gil goes "ea gg". Hell KH gets shafted by having his best moment get ruined by CGI.
    Last edited by Glazy; July 27th, 2020 at 07:09 PM.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Yesterday while GMing, it has hit me that Fate and Naruto are basically the same setting.

Spoiler:

Gai fight better than most fights in lb5.2 lol

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Yesterday while GMing, it has hit me that Fate and Naruto are basically the same setting.

Spoiler:
    Actually, the whole blood thing sounds more like VtM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    https://www.dualshockers.com/fate-ex...oon-studio-bb/
    When did TM get so reliant on Sony? When did PC games get so reliant on Steam?

Since when have you been under the impression that developers weren't reliant on their publishers?
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

I'm writing a script in english about the fate series and i want to use "Yorokobe, shounen. Kimi wo negai wa, youyaku kanau." as a sort of like "enjoy your stay type thing but idk about using shounen as the right pronoun to use in this case its mostly just for one sentence but i still want to get it right
    To be fair, what kind of monster would allow their spouse and child live in a ruined Earth with everyone else dead? Many would think that a worse fate than death itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliwoodisshirousbiologicalfather View Post
    I'm writing a script in english about the fate series and i want to use "Yorokobe, shounen. Kimi wo negai wa, youyaku kanau." as a sort of like "enjoy your stay type thing but idk about using shounen as the right pronoun to use in this case its mostly just for one sentence but i still want to get it right
    Shonen, out of context, means young man or boy. Kirei using it is his usual duplicitous "is this guy mocking me or not" nature at work. (And in a bit of English nitpicking it's not a pronoun, it's a full noun). I don't think the phrase "Rejoice, young man, your wish will finally be granted" really maps to "Enjoy your stay" in any context, but I'd have to read your script to tell.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Since when have you been under the impression that developers weren't reliant on their publishers?
    There's no reason why TM can't release their games on other platforms and no reason why PC games need Steam to run.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    There's no reason why TM can't release their games on other platforms and no reason why PC games need Steam to run.
    Well, PC games in general DON'T need Steam to run. Steam is just the current biggest electronic market for PC games, and there's plenty of less-successful competitors out there (Origin, Battlenet, Uplay, GOGalaxy, and most recently Epic Store, just to name a few). As for T-M, other than the Vita and the PS2 version of Realta Nua way back in the day they're pretty much PC only?
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    I feel like you're kinda misunderstanding/assuming incorrectly on multiple levels here though.

First of all, nobody related to the game said anything about Sony. That's the author of the article making an assumption that may or may not be relevant, and the only thing mentioned about Steam is that Niinou said he'd like to bring it to Steam. Why say Steam and not just PC? Because Steam is by far and away the biggest games platform on PC and, ignoring the financial aspect of Valve taking sales cuts, it's most likely way more profitable to sell your game via Steam and not bother with the marketing/PR shit that results from having it on literally any other DRM platform (because let's face it, they're not gonna have it be DRM free).

And even if he was talking about Sony, as in Playstation, explicitly and not just generally talking about the game being "a bit too naughty" (which, let's face it, has more to do with modern values and views on that kind of stuff than anything else), then the reason "TM can't release their games on other platforms" (again, ignoring that it's not TM, it's Studio BB, which happens be a subset of TM, and TM might own the IP, but whatever) there's the tiny detail of the Xbox being basically irrelevant in Japan. Look at console sales and you'll see that if people aren't buying nintendo stuff, then it's Playstation, and Xbox is way down there.

So you know, they could just not release on Sony, assuming the author of the article was somehow exactly right with his assumption that this is the only thing Niinou was referring to, but they'd lose so much sales revenue it wouldn't be worth it just to "keep it lewd" or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No, it's not "modern views and values" in general, but rather Sony (at least the part that is responsible for the PlayStation) trying to spearhead such a campaign. Given what you see in F/GO, TM clearly does not put those views on a pedestal. Well, yes, I was referring to Switch. Of course, depending on the content, they could just do what Omega Labyrinth Life did and literally release a watered-down version on PS, while releasing the full version of Switch and PC. Xbox is odd because I remember that there was 1 time when Oneechanbara decided to be exclusive to Xbox of all consoles, so huh.

Considering the multitudes of "outrages" and "scandals" relating to violent or overly sexual PC games in the West (basically "Pick a Rockstar title"), Sony isn't even a blip on the radar. Hell, did you forget Nintendo's own butchering of FE Fates (and to a lesser degree Awakening) in the localised versions?
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single