Page 1764 of 1890 FirstFirst ... 76412641664171417541759176217631764176517661769177418141864 ... LastLast
Results 35,261 to 35,280 of 37793

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

What they call mystery are elements unknown to humans.
    Stronger mystery means they have elements stronger than that.
    Such as fairies which are Independent of humans do have mystery.
    Such as human body we know almost everything we need to know about that. As such it doesn't have mystery.
    That common sense of humanity to an extent would somehow defeat one from PHH and supposedly being stronger than that? It's quite a stretch.
    Honestly also somewhat contradicts lore that beings that are independent of humanity would be restricted by concepts of humanity if it is

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Such as human body we know almost everything we need to know about that. As such it doesn't have mystery.
    That common sense of humanity to an extent would somehow defeat one from PHH and supposedly being stronger than that? It's quite a stretch.
    Honestly also somewhat contradicts lore that beings that are independent of humanity would be restricted by concepts of humanity if it is
    For me stronger mystery means something more mysterious or removed from human common sense and that's why older objects can accumulate mystery with age and become stronger.
    Beings that are removed from humanity can still be restricted by human concepts to some extent when they are in the world of man or interact with humans.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Spoiler:
    DA getting powerful and denying human order, stemming from the species the planet created to check humans. Hmm. Doesn't Strange Fake even say DA are a part of the natural world or something similar?
    Spoiler:
    What if DAs are their own thing?

Earth didn't plan them and TAs turned out to be a failure.

My guess that they are tools/pawns of Crimson Moon, and their intended purpose is to steal/usurp the Seat of Primates from humans. Zelretch catching the curse weakened human side/strengthened DA's (perhaps you can draw parallels between that and Gilgamesh's case). Similarly Brunestuds are designed to subvert/bypass Gaia.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; June 25th, 2022 at 11:47 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    With Idea Bloods being a thing, DAs are enemies to both Gaia and Alaya.

The singularities that rewrite the planet's laws of physics just by circulating their blood

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    /glances at medical science and the sheer amount of 'we dont knows' like the brain
    /glances at things we didnt think would be connected but are like how the digestive system has links to mental health

Though the funny thought i had is that you could use mystery as a way to ironically tell if something is closer to being true or not. theoretically at least

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    /glances at medical science and the sheer amount of 'we dont knows' like the brain
    /glances at things we didnt think would be connected but are like how the digestive system has links to mental health
    Oh hi Touko.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Spoiler:
    With Idea Bloods being a thing, DAs are enemies to both Gaia and Alaya.

Spoiler:
    Maybe DAAs are not just tools but also a goal in itself? An attempt to recreate the extinct race of Moon People, perhaps.

Spoiler:
    TA are his means to usurp Gaia, DA are his means to erode Alaya. Trust the plan.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Glory to his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Oh hi Touko.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao am I supposed to take that as a compliment? but that's reminds me on touko herself

I mean fundamentally in order to do what touko does she would have to have her bodies be organic, Her methodology may involve something more resembling cloning as part of the process than anything like puppetry. She already can transfer and remove things like crests, make artificial limbs as well as other things so she obviously knows human biology (and yes i know what you are referring to).

I could see her methods involve clones of herself as well as something like Roa as the whole thing about Ciel reminds me very much of Touko's methodology, but instead of keeping her alive it transfers her soul to another body as the world decides to just shove her soul where it thinks it should be

Was getting Tohno'd part of his plan though

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao am I supposed to take that as a compliment?
    Saying that "actually, they still don't know a lot" while other Human Body-type magi are crying that scientists cracked all the juicy mysteries of the field is basically what she does. It's impressive that you managed to miss that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The top dogs of Atlas are all still doing fine with all their eggs in the "Mysteries of the human body" basket.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    t
    Ninjaed by Waver.
    Quote Originally Posted by CF vol.2
    Weren't Automata capable of fighting independently already a lost art? Cases like Trimmau, where the core was really something entirely different were one thing, but the Concept of Homunculus creation was steeply in decline. As knowledge of the human body deepened and spread throughout humanity, from the point humanity accepted that there were no Mysteries to be found within their own bodies, it had lost the grounds to be a field of Magecraft.

No, even if we accepted my brother's theory that the human body still was as a black box, and the Mystery within it was not yet entirely erased, the fact that modern magi in the field couldn't compare to even antiques from hundreds of years ago was an undeniable fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Blog Entries
    One thing we have to realize to exist in this world is that we don't need to understand things for them to happen.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

The top dogs of Atlas are all still doing fine with all their eggs in the "Mysteries of the human body" basket.
    Atlas has pretty much moved into "sci-fi stuff but technically magecraft"... which, come to think of it, is also similar to what Touko does.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; June 25th, 2022 at 09:20 PM.

Though the funny thought i had is that you could use mystery as a way to ironically tell if something is closer to being true or not. theoretically at least
    Bruh I was referencing case files ..of course we don't know lot of things irl
    I forgot to write "much" mystery damn fck
    Last edited by Takashi; June 25th, 2022 at 11:34 PM.

I can't make it to Comiket 100 because Japan won't open up fully, and no tour packages are willing to let me roam free.
    cry

Atlas feels more of super advanced science rather than magecraft.
    I know it was supposed to compose of science and magecraft but what it feels like is that they are doing pure science

It feels more like technobabble MAGIC version than science to me.

I do wonder, how long has atlas had computers? or magitech computers?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Isn't the only difference between what's considered supernatural and what's scientific is that you have the documented and peer reviewed foundations in science, while the systems inherent to the supernatural aren't all known?
    At the end of the day, magi behave like researchers, so wouldn't that be a science? Or are we speaking purely in universe on what's science and what's supernatural for the conversation, as in mystery vs. science.

Blog Entries
    I imagine the lack of scientific ethics, along with the disregard for the scientific process, would be enough to count it out as science. I could flip through Kim Kardashian's instagram for 2 hours and 36 minutes, in order to ascertain how many bajillion dollars I would like to earn more than her. That could count as research. That does not count for the scientific process.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad