Thread: Who is your favorite TM protaganist?

Who is your favorite TM protaganist?

Just post your favorite MC, and I would like to hear your explanations as well!

I've loved Tohno for a while, but right now, it might be Hakuno. Nasu writes his MCs very "human", but Hakuno is the most consistently "human", in my opinion. She creates really funny situations as well. Shiki switches up based on the adaptation, so having an opinion on him is a bit difficult (imo).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Paulie25's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I don’t dislike a single TM protag, I think they’re all really cool and interesting. It’s always been one of TM’s best qualities. Yes, I even do have a soft spot for Sieg even if he’s lower on the totem poll.

Angra has always been the most fun to pick part though, his personality is so atypical. A perfect mix of a complete dickhead and the nicest guy you’ll ever meet, masterfully played by Terashima. His design is great, the set up for his big reveal as protagonist is masterful, and he embodies basically every Nasuverse theme all at once. He’s truly phenomenal and just fun to watch, his role in a meta sense always makes me smile too. Every cameo he has in FGO feels special.

Not even my second favorite protag (that’s Shirou) but I did wanna also shout out Iori just for him giving me brain worms for a couple months. They’re still there. His concept is too cool for me not to like him, Kengo Kawanishi’s voice is super memorable, and it was just fun to experience a protag I had no expectations for going into it. Also him and Saber made me start realizing I’m a tad Bi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Nasu juggles Chekhov's guns like they're tennis balls

Never knew Angra was an MC. I'll have to finish Ciel's Route so I can play Hollow Axtaria.

I intend to play Samurai Remnant, looks pretty cool. I'll have to wait a few more paychecks, though.

And it's not gay if they look feminine..is what I tell myself. I'll always hold true to that.

US Friend Code
    I think Iori’s hot too I have no excuse
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

US Friend Code
    Aoko. Really all three of the Mahoyo gang are pretty tied at the top, but Aoko stands just a hair higher than Alice and Soujuurou.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Like a lot of the main ones, really. T. Shiki, Soujuurou and Shirou. Currently I'd probably say it's Shiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie25 View Post
    I think Iori’s hot too I have no excuse
    Yeah, it's over for you. I like his hairstyle, though. Can't get enough of the Vagabond Samurai Ponytail.

On the topic of Mahoyo, it's another game that's too expensive for me to play, but I always wondered how it fit into the Tsukihime storyline. Now that the Remakes take place in a different universe/setting, does Mahoyo still hold up as a Tsukihime prequel?

US Friend Code
    The Mahoyo VN was actually in the remake continuity from the start, it came out after the remake was announced.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the thread question, expanding to TM as a whole and not just Nasu, I also really really like Erice. She probably outanks Aoko, but I was just thinking in terms of Nasu protagonists when I answered earlier. I think Meteo absolutely nails capturing the voice of a lonely, depressed teenager, speaking as someone who used to be one of those. And her history nerd traits are very endearing.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I like all the VN gangsta's but he runs away with it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Tohno. It took the first three routes of the OG VN, the manga, and my second read of Arcueid’s Remake route for him to fully click, but once he did, he shot to GOAT.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I'm actually pretty fond of Rin, when she acts like the secondary protagonist of FSN she is supposed to be, rather than an exposition device for a guy who doesn't really get her. Every time I came back to FSN the prologue felt very fresh all of a sudden, making me think 'oh right, this is pretty cool, why did we never get any more of this'. It's basically there in all the interludes she gets, but not quite enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Akiha also made a very entertaining protagonist in KT. I guess it was not meant to be.

I agree that Akiha's brief PoV in A Story for the Evening was quite enjoyable, and Rin is definitely great when she's taking center stage. As for proper protagonists, I have to give it to Aoko, though the way she straddles the line between protagonist and heroine gives her a bit of an unfair advantage. Considering Aoko purely in her role as a protagonist, Soujuurou might be my favorite instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.H. White
    "If I were to be made a knight," said the Wart. staring dreamily into the fire, "[...] I should pray to God to let me encounter all the evil in the world in my own person, so that if I conquered there would be none left, and, if I were defeated, I would be the one to suffer for it."

Hakuno.He/She is the only one who outright yells "I love you,stupid" to BB.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bey View Post
    Hakuno.He/She is the only one who outright yells "I love you,stupid" to BB.
    We love Hakugoat here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Soujuurou, Erice, and Hakuno. Order fluctuates all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Soujuurou, Erice, and Hakuno. Order fluctuates all the time.
    Erice is honestly one of the most relatable protags Type-Moon has ever produced.

US Friend Code
    Right now Soujuurou is probably my favorite, but T Shiki, Hakuno and Aoko aren't far behind.
    >How is the Counterforce so useless?
    Because, as the embodiment of humanity's self-preservation instinct, it procrastinates until problems are too big to ignore but also too big to deal with easily and safely.