Page 1546 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 54610461446149615361541154415451546154715481551155615961646 ... LastLast
Results 30,901 to 30,920 of 37806

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Ive never seen a single nasu biography tbh, never cared for kagetsu either

Then I am glad you learned something new today.

Thanks fam

interesting, i remember fgo being bout 'mankinds light' if anyone has a source on that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm Luke View Post
    Nasu's motto is "Mankind are powerful".

You can see it in all facets of his work past and present. From Gun God felling Aristotles; to Ryougi slaying the immortal Araya; to Tohno killing the Moon Princess; to Shirou fighting a literal Greek God; to Soujuurou knocking out Beo.

It doesn't matter how powerful a Nasuverse supernatural character is, he/she will eventually end up killed by some mook.
    >nasuverse whole message is Humanity fuck yeah

>puts lovecraft stuff into fate

What do they mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Thanks fam

interesting, i remember fgo being bout 'mankinds light' if anyone has a source on that
    Every early FGO chapter sticking a paragraph about finding/collecting them before the end.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post

They very explicitly talk about how the Lovecraftian entities are "not from this reality" though

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Every early FGO chapter sticking a paragraph about finding/collecting them before the end.
    What do you mean? i remember nasu saying that or something

also shower thought, rumpelstiltskin would be the most useless servant as his NP would be super easy to break

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Mostly "here's a really cool examples of ideas we shouldn't be having".

At least Im not the only one who thought it was weird that lovecraft is in something thats explicitly bout HFY.

Where did the idea that modern fate is HFY anyway, i asked beforfe but im looking for better examples for the sake of reference
    Last edited by Byegod; June 28th, 2020 at 02:44 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

I mean, they introduced it alongside a Class all about Heroic Spirits that won against lovecraftian madness.

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    I hope this'll not become a trend, so we won't have to go through something like "Marvel X F/GO Collavoration event" shit.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Assuming a Marvel collaboration will happen.

US Friend Code

It's funny seeing this the day after I just made a Lancer Galahad sheet for fun

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Incredibly unverifiable shower thought, the FSN Servants each have a varying 'claim' over their class' name, given how the number of Servants has grown over time.

If you're talking to someone about Nasuland stuff, and you say "yeah that time Saber did X", they will almost definitely interpret you as referring to Artoria. Part of that's probably because of her status as the poster child, but people also just routinely refer to her as Saber rather than by her name, whether that's because they want to avoid taking a side in the Altria debacle or for other reasons.

The other FSN servants are usually referred to by their actual names, though. Off personal experience, I'd say Lancer and Berserker get lesser levels of claim but enough that if you said "yeah that time Berserker smashed a building", someone familiar with Nasuland would first think of Herc.

After them, I'd probably say it goes Caster , then Rider, and then with Archer and Assassin at the rear, probably because there are two of each of those in FSN alone. If you say "the time Archer shot that guy" or "the time Assassin killed that guy", there's much less of a tie to a specific figure that comes to mind nowadays than "when Berserker smashed a building", at least imo, which is kinda interesting to see how that's changed.

Obviously subjective but yeah.
    Last edited by LeadDemon; June 28th, 2020 at 02:20 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd say that's true in communities dedicated to the entire franchise like this one, but one look at the FGO subreddit will show you how that's a thing of the past, or at least something that is dying out as FGO overshadows Stay Night as the core of the franchise.

I for sure stopped calling them by their classes at some point. I can't recall the last time I called Artoria, Saber. Even though when I started FGO it was hard not to say Saber Lancer Alter, Saber Archer, etc. Now it's Cu, Medusa, Herc... If the Class name is used in isolation, I still immediately recall Stay Night, but I doubt that true for the majority of the fanbase.

FGO killed any pretense of preserving identities too. It's been a long time since I've seen people use Green Archer, Red Saber, Saber of Red, Rider of Black, etc. Now everyone uses their name.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    Incredibly unverifiable shower thought, the FSN Servants each have a varying 'claim' over their class' name, given how the number of Servants has grown over time.

If you're talking to someone about Nasuland stuff, and you say "yeah that time Saber did X", they will almost definitely interpret you as referring to Artoria. Part of that's probably because of her status as the poster child, but people also just routinely refer to her as Saber rather than by her name, whether that's because they want to avoid taking a side in the Altria debacle or for other reasons.

The other FSN servants are usually referred to by their actual names, though. Off personal experience, I'd say Lancer and Berserker get lesser levels of claim but enough that if you said "yeah that time Berserker smashed a building", someone familiar with Nasuland would first think of Herc.

After them, I'd probably say it goes Caster , then Rider, and then with Archer and Assassin at the rear, probably because there are two of each of those in FSN alone. If you say "the time Archer shot that guy" or "the time Assassin killed that guy", there's much less of a tie to a specific figure that comes to mind nowadays than "when Berserker smashed a building", at least imo, which is kinda interesting to see how that's changed.

Obviously subjective but yeah.
    Real power is having the danbooru tag with no further clarification.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

US Friend Code
    I find that I personally tend to still use the class names for Artoria, Herc, Emiya, and sometimes but not always Cu.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Now everyone uses their name.
    I basically only call Saber and Archer by their class names. I figure those are the only ones people will immediately associate with the correct character.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I find myself calling people by their classes if I'm talking just within a particular work - i.e I'll say Saber during a F/SN discussion but Artoria if it's about F/GO.

Of course that only applies to characters that actually went by their Class name obviously.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    I call Saber Saber because it's a really simple way to sidestep the Artoria/Altria issue. Otherwise, yeah, just use their names and not their classes.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.