Page 1722 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 72212221622167217121717172017211722172317241727173217721822 ... LastLast
Results 34,421 to 34,440 of 37820

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Arkhangel is just "Archangel" in Russian (it can be used as a name though). Back in 17th century Arkhangelsk was known as Arkhangelskiy Gorod ("Archangel's City") which was later shortened to its current form.

Spoiler:

i love callbacks/references

So uh, anyone else get the 'mirror' meme vibe, like when you mirror the doom cover to be like dood or moom from those images

US Friend Code
    Hm

The Clock Tower director is one of Solomon's students.
    The Lore department answers directly to the director.
    Brishisan, the founder of Lore, was also one of Solomon's students (Salem Section 8: "The Mage's Association has a department dedicated to folklore. It is one of the Association's most closely guarded secrets. What's more, it is guarded by Brishsan, one of our king's pupils.").

Could Brishisan be the director?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I believe they are the same person, and the only thing that doesn't make me completely sure is how they use different words for it. 院長 for the 3000 years dude ruling the Clock Tower since foundation, and 学長 for the Folklore department's direct supervisor. But like, the two words mean the same thing. It's like a principal vs headmaster kind of deal. Easily dismissible terminology divergence, if it weren't on the setting where magic and magecraft are very different things.

Its also written by a different writer so why a different terminology is used can be explained by that

I gotta ask, i know people say you can tell when sakurai is writing, but how obvious are the other writers? ignoring how some servants are only used by some writers.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sakurai is by far the most obvious, but all other writer have their tells. The only potential oddball is how Higashide is a genius at imitating other people’s styles, so every text has the hidden possibility of being Higashide in disguise. I had a big post about this, but it needs serious updating because it was written back when I thought Atlantis was written by Meteo instead of Higashide.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Sakurai is by far the most obvious, but all other writer have their tells. The only potential oddball is how Higashide is a genius at imitating other people’s styles, so every text has the hidden possibility of being Higashide in disguise. I had a big post about this, but it needs serious updating because it was written back when I thought Atlantis was written by Meteo instead of Higashide.
    I find it funny that sometimes the writing tells do cross the language barrier but sometimes they don't, I don't really play fgo but even I noticed the redundant writing in olympus when I checked some bits out.

On another note i had to check something as it was bothering me on the images posted

Tsukihime remake spoilers inc

Spoiler:

Is takeuchi literally mirroring line-art now or is this a meme by the twitter poster
    Last edited by Byegod; March 27th, 2022 at 03:22 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's a meme. You can easily look up Saiki's actual art to confirm it yourself.

Ah okay, i knew it felt like a mirror meme, i didnt know the guys name

Who is more dangerous, tammat or amooma
    Last edited by Byegod; March 27th, 2022 at 04:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    A mom.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    What are their tells?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    On simpler, far for comprehensive terms,
    - Sakurai is addicted to outdated kanji, fancy monikers, and dialogue that belongs better in poetry than in prose.
    - Minase will put net speak in the mouths of the most inappropriate characters when he thinks it's funny.
    - Meteo is addicted to using English words where Japanese would have worked perfectly fine.
    - Serious Higashide moments have no distinguishable traits, but Higashide comedy is kinda heavy on the pun side.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So pretty much all things that you wouldn't notice in the English version.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    There's a couple things that I think still come through in English, like maybe it's my imagination but I feel like Higashide uses third-person narration more than the others (at least until Olympus, where Sakurai used it quite a bit).

And then there's character preferences they have outside their writing quirks, like 90% of the time a story involving a grumpy gunslinger is going to be Higashide (ie Emiya Alter, Patxi, Kairi), or Sakurai really likes Roman and Heian stuff.
    Last edited by Reign; March 28th, 2022 at 01:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    I really wish she wouldn't.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

I feel like sakurai is obvious in olympus with the redundant prose even in english

US Friend Code
    You're entering a grail war click here to be assigned a servant, no refunds https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Spe...egory/Servants

- - - Updated - - -

I got Paracelsus he'll kill me before anyone else does

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ Stick me on the submarine, I got Der Hauptmann.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)