Page 1749 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 74912491649169917391744174717481749175017511754175917991849 ... LastLast
Results 34,961 to 34,980 of 37844

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    https://twitter.com/edgerunners/stat...82544813268994

Since I was reading up on Clock Tower 2015 again, I found something that is relevant:
    I like how you edited it but left the edgerunners tweet.

Please elucidate me on the secret collab here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I like how you edited it but left the edgerunners tweet.

Please elucidate me on the secret collab here.
    Haha, didn't even notice. I tried copy-pasting from my PDF but didn't work so I guess it just left what I'd been pasting right before there.

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Nope.

I suggest you don't make wild comments when you know nothing about the fengshui concept that Nasu was referring to. The whole entry is to introduce 3 things: The fox divine spirit in Tamamo SG (Konjiki Hakumen), the concept of 地脈 (Earth vein) and the relation to 龍脈 (dragon vein) being pulled directly from RL fengshui.

龍脈 splits into 2 types, Yin and Yang, as the statement itself pointed out (陰の竜 and 陽の竜), with the fox god representing the Yin Dragon (why it can do that I will explain more below). In Taoism's fengshui application, a "country" itself (apply to any country on Earth, not just China) is perceived to be a sleeping dragon, it is alive but never wakes up because if it does then the country itself will fly away duh. The soil is the dragon's flesh, the rocks are the dragon's bones, the plants are the dragon's hair and scales, the water in rivers is its blood and the dragon veins (龍脈) is well, its vein of life.

However these dragons are simply a part of a bigger system: 地脈. Essentially the world's continents is the corpse of the primordial god Pangu, and thus the 地脈 are literally his veins. Since he is allegedly the prototype human, the veins in his body flows identically to that of any human on earth, and it is the basis of the meridian system used in Chinese traditional medical. Any acupuncture points, any meridian line a human has, it matches that of the land. Because of this, if the human is sick, then the Chinese traditional doctor will try to balance the flow of the Yin and Yang qi flow in that person's body. Similarly, this Yin and Yang qi flow exists for the land itself and any blockage of it will cause bad things to happen. This Yin and Yang qi flow is, I think you should have guessed it by now, the Yin and Yang dragons of the 龍脈. 龍脈 is the FLOW of qi down and inside the 地脈 of the land (the 3 star FGO CE literally explained this exact thing). These are not literal dragons, but representation of the FLOW of qi inside the 地脈. The only actual dragon is the country itself.

But things are not that simple, because the Wuxing system exists. Essentially, even when you can group qi flow paths into Yin and Yang, they are controlled and redirected to specific locations in the body of human/the sacred spots of the land. To do this, they use the Five Holy Beasts 五霊 as representatives (霊 here also doubles as 霊気 - spiritual energy - of the land, might or might not be used for TM definition of 霊脈 - spirit vein). The five are basically the 4 that most people knew (Qinglong, Baihu, Zhuque, Xuanwu) + Huanglong. These 5 creatures are tasked with being representation and control the flow of Yang qi/spiritual energy, and Huanglong (yellow dragon) is the central of it all (important).

But what about Yin? Modern fengshui tend to not dwell on the Yin flow of the dragon vein this is something that existed in the primordial fengshui, because they avoid talking about the dead like hell when talking about this, at best they will make some precautions to not touch the Yin dragon vein AT ALL. Exactly like Nasu said, primordial fengshui uses the fox to govern the Yin flow of the dragon vein. The reason is because ancient Chinese people believe that tombs of the dead are places where smart animals like the foxes can go to train and eventually become the Nine-Tailed Fox yokai. Tombs are sacred places that people never really come around, and it is usually built in the best fengshui directions to not block any critical 地脈, so it is a perfect place for fox yokai to train and become gods, xians once they obtained 9 tails. The white fox in particular is what a nine-tailed fox would be once it obtained the 9th tail after 1000 years of training. Then its fur can turn either black or golden (in this case, Tamamo's original - the Konjiki Hakumen became a xian fox with golden fur). Nasu talks about this in a roundabout way to ALSO explain why Konjiki Hakumen was guarding the tomb of Yellow Emperor when Nuwa asked for her service in Fengshen Yanyi, that even Tamamo was proud of.

So you have Huanglong (Yellow Dragon) representing Yang (the sunlight), wherever it goes is where the flow of Yang qi (Yang dragon vein) goes into the Earth Vein. Similarly the white fox running in the moonlight (Yin), wherever the fox travels is where the flow of Yin qi (Yin dragon vein) goes into the Earth Vein. Both of these are LINES, because these LINES ARE visual representations of the flow of the dragon veins itself in fengshui diagrams, that is, the flow of spiritual energy (or you can say magic energy in TM's case). There is no mistaking fox running silver line for dragon veins or whatever the fuck, the line IS the dragon vein. Period.
    Brah I am not commenting.

It is what the CCC bit posted is saying.

You need to take your Feng Shui book and take it up with Type Moon.

元来、狐は丘の墳墓を守る神霊であり、その正体は地脈の竜の陰の姿である。風水では陽の竜(生 きている人間 のためのエネルギー)しか語られないが、狐は本来の風水では陽の竜と同等以上に重視される陰の 竜(死者のた めの風水のエネルギー)だ。
    月夜に月光に照り映える白狐の走り去っていく姿が、残像もあって長いひとつのライン(竜脈)に 見えた事が起 源のようである。
    "It appears the origin of Dragon Vein came from the trail of afterimages made by the white fox, dashing away in the moonlit night while illuminated by moonlight."

I was just reading what you posted.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    I got sucked into looking into leylines again and I once again say; Fuck Type-Moon and its leylines.
    霊脈 = Spirit Vein, normal(?) leylines, used in FSN, Mahoyo, FGO regularly. The most common term for a leyline, and it also has the ruby text "レイライン" in the CCC collab. So I'm partial to believe it's an actual "leyline".
    龍脈 = Dragon Vein, leylines from the body of a dragon seemingly? That's what the CE in FGO seems to imply. Used in reference to the Dragon God of Ryudo Temple once, and then in FGO.
    Narita uses 霊脈 in Strange Fake until Vol 7 where he exclusively uses 龍脈.

Quote Originally Posted by vol 3
     しかし、生半な幻術はある程度以上の魔術回路や魔術刻印を持つ魔術師には無効化される場合が多い為に、『 汎用の便利な魔術』以上にその道を究めようとする者はそれほど多く存在しない。
     実際、ティーネは過去に幻術をかけられた経験はあるが、土地の霊脈と繫がり、その霊脈を通して感覚を強化 している自分には通じなかった。
     しかし、現在の状況は、土地の霊脈を通してもなお冷気を感じられる。
    Quote Originally Posted by Vol 7
    「我々で内部処理が不可能だと判断した場合、ファルデウスの権限で行われる街の消去がコード9 82……『
    Abyss rise
    奈落の繁栄
    』だ。そちらは聖杯と龍脈を暴走させ、マグマ溜まりの異常活動による噴火に見せかけて街を消去するプログラ ムだ。『
    Aurora fall
    オーロラ堕とし
    』は、外部……つまり我々の上層部が『聖杯戦争の管理が不可能』と判断した場合に為される処置だ。壊滅的な 綻びが世界に生まれる前にな」
    「作戦の中止は、申請できないのですか?」
    Quote Originally Posted by vol 7
    ティーネは魔術師達の言葉としてはあまりにも曖昧に過ぎるその叫びの数々を聞いても、部下達が
    おかしくなったとは思わなかった。
     彼女の魔術は、土地の龍脈から大地の魔力を引き出すものである。
     故に、明確に感じ取る事ができたのだ。
     その大地の上に、何かしら『異物』が生まれたのだと。
     英霊とも魔術師とも異なる力を持つ、理不尽な何かが降臨したのだと。
    Quote Originally Posted by Vol 7
    破壊と原子崩壊の魔術式が詰め込まれた凶星の直撃により、天使の名を冠する街は今や光の中に回帰せんとしている。
     詰め込まれた魔力が発動する事により、土地は半径数キロメートルに渉り全生命を巻き込んで消 失。次いで引き起こされる崩壊は周囲の土地や龍脈、マグマだまりを刺激して連鎖的な破局を引き
    起こすのだ。
     もはやティア自身にもそれを止める事は叶わず、今ここに神秘の秘匿云々を飛び越え、物理的に人類の方向性 が決定づけられる。
    Unless a bunch of dragons lived and died around LA or there's going to be a reprint of Vol 7 of Strange Fake where they change all the 龍脈 to 霊脈. I think the terms are used interchangeably.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Unless a bunch of dragons lived and died around LA or there's going to be a reprint of Vol 7 of Strange Fake where they change all the 龍脈 to 霊脈. I think the terms are used interchangeably.
    This is likely the case.

It would be like how they dealt with "magical energy" in all the texts. Sometimes it is straight up kanji, sometimes it is with ruby text "ether", sometimes it is with ruby text "mana".

They just toss out the term that best suits the context.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    That just makes me more annoyed than anything that he went six volumes using the same term then changed to another. I believe that the terms CAN be used interchangeably, but they can't be the exact same thing unless that LB6 scene was PURELY for flavor text. Still annoying.

That just makes me more annoyed than anything that he went six volumes using the same term then changed to another. I believe that the terms CAN be used interchangeably, but they can't be the exact same thing unless that LB6 scene was PURELY for flavor text. Still annoying.
    They could just be the Eastern and Western magecraft interpretation of the same thing.

Type Moon just threw it in for flavour, then we neckbeards go deep diving on it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think the LB6 scene was pure hype

聖槍ロンゴミニアドはモルガンの魔術だ。[r]十全に発揮できなくて当然だ。
    [k]

聖槍は彼女には扱えない。[r]だが、その構造は利用できる。
    [k]

聖槍が砲塔であるのなら、[r]違う弾を詰めればいい。
    [k]

今の彼女は『聖剣の概念』。[r]であれば、新たに詰める術式は[line 3]
    [k]

@アルトリア
    ……回線を玉座から、この心臓に。
    [k]

@アルトリア
    使用魔力をキャメロットから、[r]アヴァロン・ル・フェに。
    [k]

@アルトリア
    [#霊脈閉塞型兵装:ロ ン ゴ ミ ニ ア ド]から、[r][#龍脈焼却型兵装:エ ク ス カ リ バ ー]に変奏。
    [k]
    Rhongo = Weapon that turns you into a Divine Spirit = related spell
    Excal = Saber's weapon that she powers from her DRAGON REACTOR CORE = related spell

Castoria is packing the turret with a different type of bullet, its a different type of spell.
    That would be an example of
    As magical energy flowed through my master's circuits into Luvia, even I could tell that her internal image had changed. Completely different from the Luvia that had been standing there just a moment before, this Luvia controlled the flow of magic with a natural gentleness.

Flow.

That was the true essence of her magecraft, my master had said.
    It was because of his techniques that I was able to fight off those bone creatures at school,
    and it was because of his projected swords that I was able to fend off Kuzuki's attacks.
    …Even now.
    I know that I can reproduce those swords if I seriously follow the manufacturing process.

"…It's falsely similar to strengthening. I just have to put the start and the finish, separate it into exactly eight sections…"
    Not trace on (sympathy start), but trace on (projection start).
    …The words are still the same.
    There's no need to change the spell if it still works on me.
    First of all, I only know and can use one spell to change myself.
    「……強化と似て非なるもの。始まりと終わりをいれて、ちょうど八節に分ければいいんだよな… …」

〈同調開始〉《トレース・オン》ではなく〈投影開始〉《トレース・オン》。
     ……言葉にする響き自体は変わらない。
     自分自身に働きかける意味さえ同じなら呪文を変更する必要はない。
     そもそも俺は、自分を作り替える呪文なんて一種類しか知らないし、使えないと思う。
    As Rhongo magecraft doesn't fully work for Castoria, she needed to change the meaning and therefore the spell changed. That's reflected in the 霊脈 龍脈.
    Last edited by You; June 9th, 2022 at 09:08 PM.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wait, so are you saying that the 霊脈 became 龍脈 after Werner command spelled Hippolyte into drawing the 龍の力 from the 地脈?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Wait, so are you saying that the 霊脈 became 龍脈 after Werner command spelled Hippolyte into drawing the 龍の力 from the 地脈?
    Narita switched from using 霊脈 to 龍脈 after that scene in vol 6, yes.
     黒い巨木の森が四方から迫ってくるかのような光景を前に、ヒッポリュテは危険を承知で自らの 霊基
    そのものを布と融合させ始めたのだが──。
         ──────『令呪を持って命じる』
    「……! マスター!?」
     ヒッポリュテの中に、念話を通り越した、霊基の本質そのものに語りかける声が響く。
         ──────『地脈より龍を引き出し、神の力と共に撃ち放て!』
     次の瞬間、彼女の周囲──スノーフィールドという霊地そのものから魔力が湧き出で、ヒッポリ ュテの
    『戦神の軍帯』へと引き込まれた。
    Drawing the dragon from the 地脈.
    Dragon likely a metaphor for magical energy.
    If the dragon is literal, Narita does not care about:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio
    These are not literal dragons, but representation of the FLOW of qi inside the 地脈. The only actual dragon is the country itself.
    Last edited by You; June 9th, 2022 at 09:44 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Girl View Post
    Brah I am not commenting.

It is what the CCC bit posted is saying.

You need to take your Feng Shui book and take it up with Type Moon.
    What you said is not what that CCC bit is saying. They are saying exactly what I said, it is fengshui lore, that you fail to get through your brain. Stop trolling.

Blog Entries
    You know how Dinosaurs are implied to be True Dragons, right. What if TM took "Oil are made from dead Dinosaurs" literally?

JP Friend Code
    "It appears the origin of Dragon Vein came from the trail of afterimages made by the white fox, dashing away in the moonlit night while illuminated by moonlight."

I was just reading what you posted.
    And that is what it is from real fengshui like I said. You pick the least important bit of the statement and think you're smart, but you're not. Just stop being a clown for a moment.

It doesn't matter if it is called dragon vein. The fengshui expert relies on the IMAGE it looks like when determine the strength of that dragon vein.

- Returning Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a dragon flying back towards the mountains it came from (the foot of the dragon vein).
    - Emerging Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of an animal (can be a fox, a wolf, a deer, a rabbit...etc) running out of a forest, or traveling around the land.
    - Descending Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a dragon diving from the sky towards the land.
    - Living Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a fucking centipede crawling around with its leg spreading.
    - Levitating Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a phoenix spreading its wings.
    - Sitting Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a tiger crouching.
    - Concealed Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a dragon who you cannot see visibly cuz it moves so fast.
    - Rising Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a dragon flying towards the sky at high speed.
    - Leading Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a flock of birds flying off.

The shape, the lines, the afterimage of the animals movement is what the fengshui master visualize the dragon vein to make it understandable for the commoners. And Nasu is talking like he is one by using the fox image, but in reality he just repeats the common usage of the fox to visualize the dragon vein in ancient time. None of what he said are made up bullshit, it is real fengshui lore.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    as opposed to a chaste centipede
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

And that is what it is from real fengshui like I said. You pick the least important bit of the statement and think you're smart, but you're not. Just stop being a clown for a moment.

It doesn't matter if it is called dragon vein. The fengshui expert relies on the IMAGE it looks like when determine the strength of that dragon vein.

- Returning Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a dragon flying back towards the mountains it came from (the foot of the dragon vein).
    - Emerging Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of an animal (can be a fox, a wolf, a deer, a rabbit...etc) running out of a forest, or traveling around the land.
    - Descending Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a dragon diving from the sky towards the land.
    - Living Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a fucking centipede crawling around with its leg spreading.
    - Levitating Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a phoenix spreading its wings.
    - Sitting Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a tiger crouching.
    - Concealed Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a dragon who you cannot see visibly cuz it moves so fast.
    - Rising Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a dragon flying towards the sky at high speed.
    - Leading Dragon is the dragon vein that resembles the afterimage of a flock of birds flying off.

The shape, the lines, the afterimage of the animals movement is what the fengshui master visualize the dragon vein to make it understandable for the commoners. And Nasu is talking like he is one by using the fox image, but in reality he just repeats the common usage of the fox to visualize the dragon vein in ancient time. None of what he said are made up bullshit, it is real fengshui lore.
    Hi, could you do a feng shui analysis of my apartment? PM me for details.

JP Friend Code
    Dragon likely a metaphor for magical energy.
    Yeah to me it looks like Narita use 龍脈 the same way it is used IRL fengshui as I said, that is a metaphor for the flow of (magic) energy. There is a saying in fengshui about "killing the dragon", it is a practice of China government during the times it invaded other territories to find the dragon vein of the enemy's land, pull it out of the 地脈 and "kill" it to disrupt the energy flow, crippling the resistance of that country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Hi, could you do a feng shui analysis of my apartment? PM me for details.
    You are free to PM me for basic and simple methods of placing things in your apartment to make it comfortable, and you can do it yourself. But I can't make a completely accurate analysis without being there on site, since it involves the direction of wind as well. I am nowhere near an expert, and I mostly just stick to the core basics during the construction of my current house, but if any fengshui "masters" claims they can diagnose your whole place without being there and take all of the variables, in and out, into consideration, they are not masters, just try to trick you for money.

Bro chill out.

I am not asking you to defend your thesis.

Why you so mad man.

Dude, YOU fucking posted it.
    I am just interpreting what you are trying to get at.

Like shit, you are sabotaging your own argument, and you are blaming me. Is this for real?
    All I did was reading and translating it.
    Last edited by Best Girl; June 9th, 2022 at 10:35 PM.

JP Friend Code
    IRL fengshui also use these terms interchangeably as well, despite them not being the exact same thing like I said. Because Dragon vein sounds cooler, easier to visualize with the animal metaphores and has more weight than Spirit vein or Earth vein, since it is the direct energy flow you come into contact with. I.e, if you tell the person oh no don't dig here it will affect the Earth vein vs oh no don't dig here you will kill the dragon vein, they will be more likely to consider the dragon one better.

- - - Updated - - -

Bro chill out.

I am not asking you to defend your thesis.

Why you so mad man.

Dude, YOU fucking posted it.
    I am just interpreting what you are trying to get at.

Like shit, you are sabotaging your own argument, and you are blaming me. Is this for real?
    All I did was reading and translating it.
    You are not simply reading or translating shit. You said it yourself:
    The 龍脈 idea is allegedly a case of mistaken identity. People mistook the streaks of the fox god's afterimage as 龍脈. Basically the fox god runs really fast at night and it just looks like a silver line, and people thought "oh cool it's the veins of the dragon god".
    Which is not the fucking case here. Like I said, Nasu is referring the usage of such afterimages in real fengshui. There is no case of "mistaken identity" bullshit because it is intentional. The fengshui users use the fox image to represent the shape of the dragon vein, just like they use other creatures I listed. This is why I said you know jackshit about fengshui but try to interpret the statement Nasu pulls directly from fengshui.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    You know how Dinosaurs are implied to be True Dragons, right. What if TM took "Oil are made from dead Dinosaurs" literally?
    Something something consumerism will be the death of magecraft.