Page 1565 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 56510651465151515551560156315641565156615671570157516151665 ... LastLast
Results 31,281 to 31,300 of 37806

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    16, he/him/his, pro-terrorism, pro-murder, pro-cannibalism, anti-religious, DMs are open.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And it's not super villain stuff that I enjoy. Everyday villain stuff is fun, too, like assisting a depressed person with their suicide: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Final_Resting or helping a landlord kick out tenants who can't pay rent: https://dragonsdogma.fandom.com/wiki...of_Opportunity

Blog Entries
    so did you have any TM miscellaneous thoughts? no? ok cool
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, that part about liking loli Servants who are either evil-aligned, chaos-aligned, or both.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    And it's not super villain stuff that I enjoy. Everyday villain stuff is fun, too, like assisting a depressed person with their suicide: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Final_Resting or helping a landlord kick out tenants who can't pay rent: https://dragonsdogma.fandom.com/wiki...of_Opportunity
    hello Beast's Lair user LegalLoliLover this is your lawyer speaking. i am advising you today to please keep posting this shit.

Gen News is leaking out again

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Your right to like the things you like and talk about them doesn't give you free rein to say whatever you want so long as it technically pertains to fictional people or settings. As with describing your murder fantasies about groups of people you don't like, sharing how much you enjoyed assisting in someone's suicide and other assorted <<fictional>> crimes is as gratuitous and blatant a violation of the forum's discomforting rule as it gets. And however little you claim to care for the people who you offend, this is one of the rules that you have agreed and are subject to, and one you have been repeatedly asked to observe.

Here's a warning and another vacation for once more failing to grasp the difference between 'controversial to the majority' and 'contrary to any measure of common fucking decency'. Since you seem to me as capable of understanding real life only through fiction, please imagine it by way of me being the city guard and you asking me if I happen to know what the fine for necrophilia is in this part of Tamriel. Hope that helps.

out of curiosity since i have seen it in a recent fictional character, do you guys know any other characters with abilities similar to Anastasia's Mystic Eyes and NP?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Like exploiting weak points iirc?

I guess the Marvel example is Karnak. Weeb media idk

I havent watched One Piece since before the timeskip, but didn't Chopper have the unexplained ability to just find the opponent's weak point?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    I havent watched One Piece since before the timeskip, but didn't Chopper have the unexplained ability to just find the opponent's weak point?
    You mean his "Scope" ability? That wasn't unexplained, Chopper eats a Rumble Ball whilst in Brain Point which accelerates his cognitive abilities through the roof. IIRC, he invented the technique for rapid medical diagnosing in emergencies, but uses it in battle to search for weak points on an enemy.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Like exploiting weak points iirc?
    That's what her eyes do? Kinda bog-standard, it's an extremely common ability in super-hero comics. It's often not even a super-power, it's often treated as "just" a learned skill. Off the top of my head, I've seen Shang Chi, the aforementioned Karnak and Amadeus Cho do that.
    For a character who's basically built around that ability, though, there's The Authority's Midnighter.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    out of curiosity since i have seen it in a recent fictional character, do you guys know any other characters with abilities similar to Anastasia's Mystic Eyes and NP?
    I think Sima Yi's NP is also about creating a weakness?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    That's what her eyes do? Kinda bog-standard, it's an extremely common ability in super-hero comics. It's often not even a super-power, it's often treated as "just" a learned skill. Off the top of my head, I've seen Shang Chi, the aforementioned Karnak and Amadeus Cho do that.
    For a character who's basically built around that ability, though, there's The Authority's Midnighter.
    Viy's eyes don't just find weak points, they can create them too
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    I still wish Anastasia had an NP based off her imposters and the rumors she survived. Even if it was only in her Mats.

Like maybe she could make decoy bodies or something.
    Last edited by Reign; August 15th, 2020 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    You mean his "Scope" ability? That wasn't unexplained, Chopper eats a Rumble Ball whilst in Brain Point which accelerates his cognitive abilities through the roof. IIRC, he invented the technique for rapid medical diagnosing in emergencies, but uses it in battle to search for weak points on an enemy.
    Must've forgotten... It's been a long time since I watched One Piece... Either that or the eng dub didn't do that good of a job.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Probably because Chopper never does anything interesting with it and mostly just grows and punches things. Rumble balls weren't anything memorable.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Viy's eyes don't just find weak points, they can create them too
    Oh, that's more interesting! Substantially less common, too. The one example I can think of is Kid Loki going back in time and using the "Book of Fate", so to speak, to create a story about a weakness in Odin's brother and then turn that story into reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I still wish Anastasia had an NP based off her imposters and the rumors she survived. Even if it was only in her Mats.

Like maybe she could make decoy bodies or something.
    The Anastasia from proper human history might have something like that, but isn't Lostbelt!Anastasia's history different?

US Friend Code
    The Anastasia the player can summon is PHH Anastasia so no, unfortunately.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    The Anastasia the player can summon is PHH Anastasia so no, unfortunately.
    I hate when they do that