Page 1307 of 1892 FirstFirst ... 30780712071257129713021305130613071308130913121317135714071807 ... LastLast
Results 26,121 to 26,140 of 37837

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Hey, do you have the source for that You? It's very hard to explain Fate's magical concepts (specially the part about things being imaginary) to my casual friends so this would be very useful.
    that link plus the translated "Theory of Magic" section (Google Doc) which is linked on the home page of that blog

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I've had this thought for awhile, but I wonder what would happen if Excalibur Galatine was combined with the Red Stone of Aja from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? It'd be super cool/hax right?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I've had this thought for awhile, but I wonder what would happen if Excalibur Galatine was combined with the Red Stone of Aja from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? It'd be super cool/hax right?
    I was under the impression that Excalibur Galatine shot out radiation of the sun's heat not light? Which if that is the case then it would just melt the Red Stone of Aja.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I was under the impression that Excalibur Galatine shot out radiation of the sun's heat not light? Which if that is the case then it would just melt the Red Stone of Aja.
    Maybe, but that depends on the nature of the Red Stone. Maybe it's like diamonds, formed from high heat and pressure, meaning it can resist high heat. Also, heat and light aren't mutually exclusive, and I also thought Excalibur Galatine had a miniature sun core in general or something. Besides, the Red Stone amplifies Hamon energy, which has been alternately stated to be waves like sunlight or like UV energy, and perhaps thats similar to what Galatine produces? I dunno.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe, but that depends on the nature of the Red Stone. Maybe it's like diamonds, formed from high heat and pressure, meaning it can resist high heat.
    I dunno, Lisa Lisa seemed pretty confident that she could just casually blow it up when they were caught in the Pillar Men's lair and Kars seems to be genuinely believe her. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I dunno, Lisa Lisa seemed pretty confident that she could just casually blow it up when they were caught in the Pillar Men's lair and Kars seems to be genuinely believe her. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The Red Stone could shatter easily due to explosive force, but if there's just pure heat, I feel it would survive, kind of like glass or volcanic rock, or possibly diamond.

Like Chaldea, Gaia witness its own destruction in an apocalyptic future

The inception of True Ancestors and Dead Apostles are an attempt to cull and control humanity

The summoning of Heroic Spirits proves that such attempts end in failure

Cath Palug was seen interacting with humans

>Singularities, Goetia, Beasts, Crypters, Lostbelts were all secret manipulations from Gaia to destroy humanity from within

>There is no Alien God

>Or maybe the Alien God is an UO

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; August 2nd, 2018 at 11:07 PM.

JP Friend Code
    I mean, there is a theory floating around Twitter that alien god is Type-Mars.

Wait, so God ISN'T Akasha itself? That's the first assumption I made, and also is Void Shiki Akasha as she claims to be or not?

US Friend Code
    Wait, so God ISN'T Akasha itself? That's the first assumption I made, and also is Void Shiki Akasha as she claims to be or not?
    Nope. Akasha is a thing not a who. There's people in there but what they can do is just theory stuff.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Aoko: Yes, and also our final objective. The Whirl of the Root is position where all knowledge is recorded, and all things are determined. If you can look, touch, understand it, even the word "impossible" can be remade. It has many names in legends, but it's basically the position where God is.
    Soujuurou: By God, you don't mean the 8 million kami?
    Aoko: It's because you say things like that sometimes that makes you troublesome. I mean, there are gods in every form, but I’m talking about the big underlying assumption that decided that.

- - - Updated - - -

Void Shiki is the anthropomorphic personality of the concept behind Akasha. She "is" Akasha, but to define it "as" anything would be a mistake.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Aoko: Yes, and also our final objective. The Whirl of the Root is position where all knowledge is recorded, and all things are determined. If you can look, touch, understand it, even the word "impossible" can be remade. It has many names in legends, but it's basically the position where God is.
    Soujuurou: By God, you don't mean the 8 million kami?
    Aoko: It's because you say things like that sometimes that makes you troublesome. I mean, there are gods in every form, but I’m talking about the big underlying assumption that decided that.

- - - Updated - - -

Void Shiki is the anthropomorphic personality of the concept behind Akasha. She "is" Akasha, but to define it "as" anything would be a mistake.
    Ah, so the Whirl of the Root is not actually a god, but the place where the god resides.

Interesting.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

This is more or less what I imagine lies inside the Root

Technically....

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    Ah, so the Whirl of the Root is not actually a god, but the place where the god resides.

Interesting.
    I don't think that's literal, but maybe it is, or both. The position of god/seat of god (神の座) is also more or less mentioned in Extra CCC and that's the position/state/status that Kiara almost had in the true route. Tamamo told Kiara that she is not worthy of the seat of god and went on to say that God is one who gives (sounds very like the Christian god but also a bit of Buddha), not one who receives, thus Kiara should get out of that spot right away.

To my impression, this 神の座 is a position/status of God that one can attain by controlling the power of the Root, becoming omnipotent.

Also random trivia, Soujuurou talking about the 8 millions gods, that number is very specific. It's from Shinto myth and that's the amount of gods who gathered outside Ama-no-Iwato trying to persuade Amaterasu to come out lol. Mountain man knows his myths.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I mean, there is a theory floating around Twitter that alien god is Type-Mars.
    Let me see if I understand the theory correctly.
    -The Alien God says that he's from another planet(惑星). Not a different star(恒星). Meaning from the same solar system.
    -Type Mars is the one we know nothing about
    -Stheno says, in the time Temple, that the gods losing to Velber all those years ago was a traumatic event for them. Seeing how Tear Drop Photon Ray works it seems Mars is still mad about it.
    -Romulus's NP is a tree that recreates the past, present and future of Rome(quoted from his profile). This seems to be very similar to what the Tree of Fantasy are doing. The implication from theory being that this ability was inherited from Mars meaning he should be able to do what the Alien God is doing.
    -The reason why Douman said it was funny that Amakusa was calling his master Satan is because Nero is associated with Mother Harlot(an agent of Satan) who is down the line from him(Mars) in a similar way seeing as Romulus is her divine ancestor and Mars before him.
    -Initially the Alien God only wanted Kirsch for his plan and even now he is presumed the eventual winner. The divergence of Kirsch's LB is the Sefar attack. It makes sense that initially this was the only LB he wanted being the one where he didn't lose to Sefar.
    -The way the Alien God rewrites the texture is similar to what we know about ORT.

Did I get the gist of it right? I think I found the theory on Twitter you're talking about but my Japanese isn't perfect so I'm filling in some parts myself.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also random trivia, Soujuurou talking about the 8 millions gods, that number is very specific. It's from Shinto myth and that's the amount of gods who gathered outside Ama-no-Iwato trying to persuade Amaterasu to come out lol. Mountain man knows his myths.
    The concept of 八百万の神 is very common in Japan. And there's some argument that the eight million doesn't literally mean eight million, but too many to count. Which is why 八百万 is commonly used to mean "a shit ton." So I wouldn't say its specific or specific to that legend, he's just talking about the gods on his culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I still think Type-Venus would make more sense, given the Lucifer connotations. Though that might conflict with that we know of her/it in Notes...

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly Battory View Post
    Let me see if I understand the theory correctly.
    -The Alien God says that he's from another planet(惑星). Not a different star(恒星). Meaning from the same solar system.
    -Type Mars is the one we know nothing about
    -Stheno says, in the time Temple, that the gods losing to Velber all those years ago was a traumatic event for them. Seeing how Tear Drop Photon Ray works it seems Mars is still mad about it.
    -Romulus's NP is a tree that recreates the past, present and future of Rome(quoted from his profile). This seems to be very similar to what the Tree of Fantasy are doing. The implication from theory being that this ability was inherited from Mars meaning he should be able to do what the Alien God is doing.
    -The reason why Douman said it was funny that Amakusa was calling his master Satan is because Nero is associated with Mother Harlot(an agent of Satan) who is down the line from him(Mars) in a similar way seeing as Romulus is her divine ancestor and Mars before him.
    -Initially the Alien God only wanted Kirsch for his plan and even now he is presumed the eventual winner. The divergence of Kirsch's LB is the Sefar attack. It makes sense that initially this was the only LB he wanted being the one where he didn't lose to Sefar.
    -The way the Alien God rewrites the texture is similar to what we know about ORT.

Did I get the gist of it right? I think I found the theory on Twitter you're talking about but my Japanese isn't perfect so I'm filling in some parts myself.
    Yeah that's the main idea, also there is another interpretation of 異なる星 in that it does not refer to "different star" but "different Earth (星)". The Earth where the Olympians won. But it was pruned so Mars god mad salty and want to change this history to accept him.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    The concept of 八百万の神 is very common in Japan. And there's some argument that the eight million doesn't literally mean eight million, but too many to count. Which is why 八百万 is commonly used to mean "a shit ton." So I wouldn't say its specific or specific to that legend, he's just talking about the gods on his culture.
    Yes, and that's what I meant tho? I said he was talking about the gods of his legend due to him being specific with that term. I am saying that he knew the myth of his culture well, probably due to being raised in the mountains.

And the more used term I've seen is 八十神 (yasogami, looking at u Persona 4) and 80 kami here also means "too many to count". 800k and 8m are not used as often from what I've seen tbh, despite the same connotation. Heck there are versions of the ama-no-iwato scene but the number is 八万 instead of 八百万. So I'm not saying "the number is specific to Japan's myth", I am saying "he is specifically referring to his own culture's myth" because you don't see that usage in other Sino language countries as often as Japan i.e Vietnamese also doesn't adopt that way of saying "too many to count" despite absorbing a lot of Chinese and Japanese proverbs. And the ama-no-iwato scene directly used these terms because that's the only scene in the myth where all of the kami gathered to try and get the sun out.

In short, I said exactly what You just said, so idk why you have problems here.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; August 3rd, 2018 at 01:32 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes, and that's what I meant tho? I said he was talking about the gods of his legend due to him being specific with that term. I am saying that he knew the myth of his culture well, probably due to being raised in the mountains.

And the more used term I've seen is 八十神 (yasogami, looking at u Persona 4) and 80 kami here also means "too many to count". 800k and 8m are not used as often from what I've seen tbh, despite the same connotation. Heck there are versions of the ama-no-iwato scene but the number is 八万 instead of 八百万. So I'm not saying "the number is specific to Japan's myth", I am saying "he is specifically referring to his own culture's myth" because you don't see that usage in other Sino language countries as often as Japan i.e Vietnamese also doesn't adopt that way of saying "too many to count" despite absorbing a lot of Chinese and Japanese proverbs. And the ama-no-iwato scene directly used these terms because that's the only scene in the myth where all of the kami gathered to try and get the sun out.

In short, I said exactly what You just said, so idk why you have problems here.
    Okay it sounded as if you were saying that when punch-man was talking about 8 mill kami he was specifically referring to the legend with NEET amaterasu.
    Rather than it being an overarching concept in Shintoism.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    I don't have a beef on discussions here but sometimes things jump out to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    It exists only on paper, much like every number not a subset of ℕ.
    Such as you using math terms wrong (again).

The majority of numbers exist outside of paper, if we consider "exist outside of paper" to be "an actual real world quantity or measure that can and has been represented with this number" (This is important to define because numbers are abstract and Pi is just as "real" as 5). This includes complex numbers. Complex numbers are nothing special, they're just numbers in a 2D space. Electromagnetic waves, with their orthogonal waveforms, can be represented in complex numbers (in fact, they often are). An imaginary number is simply a complex with real part 0, so basically perpendicular to whatever the real number would be representing.

Anyways if you gonna do math statements at least brush up on your knowledge tia.