Page 1733 of 1767 FirstFirst ... 733123316331683172317281731173217331734173517381743 ... LastLast
Results 34,641 to 34,660 of 35326

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

  1. #34641
    The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    9,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    The V5 "here's a Garou statsheet so you don't hang around waiting for W5" goes to Strength 6 in War Form so

    Also, Garou fucking suck
    Well yeah, lots of abilities let you temporarily get above 5 in an Attribute; that's what Potence is all about.
    shit BL says

    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

    You are not getting government-handout waifus.


    Once and always and nevermore.

  2. #34642
    The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    9,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Pokemon X Fate







    Click here to toggle visibility of Pixiv image
    Click here to toggle visibility of Pixiv image
    I simp for Shiny Gardevoir but the pic desperately needs Shiny Glaceon to complete the aesthetic.
    shit BL says

    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

    You are not getting government-handout waifus.


    Once and always and nevermore.

  3. #34643
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Byegod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,736
    Didn't Owod have a similar idea to textures

  4. #34644
    死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    523
    Who the hell is owod

  5. #34645
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Byegod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,736
    Owod means old world of darkness

  6. #34646
    I wouldn't be surprised. A lot of Nasuverse stuff bears a resemblance to what I know of M:tA and V:tM lore, and Nasu is known to be a ttrpg player.

  7. #34647
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I simp for Shiny Gardevoir but the pic desperately needs Shiny Glaceon to complete the aesthetic.
    I had to actually look that up, I've never seen one before. The second is one my favorite. She's just wondering where the cute fox came from.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  8. #34648
    不明 fumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,257
    I really want that pancake Abby costume in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

  9. #34649
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,437
    JP Friend Code
    084,122,505
    True Ancestors = Garou and Common Sense of Man = Consensus

  10. #34650
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Byegod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,736
    Reminded how they used to imply exalted was the pre-story until that was dropped. Though a ex writer has been doing a fan supplement of that

    Also true ancestors are more antedeluvians then anything else.

  11. #34651
    other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Yogya
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,242
    congratulation to Kinoko's favorite couple.

  12. #34652
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    The V5 "here's a Garou statsheet so you don't hang around waiting for W5" goes to Strength 6 in War Form so
    In Crinos? That's not very strong.

    Also, Garou fucking suck
    Them's fighting words, mate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Well yeah, lots of abilities let you temporarily get above 5 in an Attribute; that's what Potence is all about.
    Perhaps in nWoD, but in oWoD it gave you automatic successes - which was a hell of a lot better than just going above 5 in Strength.

  13. #34653
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Also true ancestors are more antedeluvians then anything else.
    I'd say the DAA are more like ante. I can see TA being likened to Garou. They just have a little taint!
    Last edited by Nanaya; April 23rd, 2022 at 12:52 PM.

  14. #34654
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Byegod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,736
    What was the closest antedelivian to any DAA...

    Though most antedeluvians would probably just snack on any DAA in canon, i just mean in concept or idea. Not strength

  15. #34655
    RESpoilersmaybe?
    I feel like they are pretty comparable in concept? Not super identical but old ass ancient vampires who are basically godlike monstrous disasters, have their own clans(Or Prince/Princesses and lesser vampires for DAA), the basic curse of vampirism seems more in line with the Dead then a TA, the whole concept of Diablerie kind of makes me think of taking the position of an Ancestor and how some of the clans came to power. And they are probably tainted as fuck which while not the same makes me think of DAA since they are walking curses. Most importantly, they are shrouded in mystery and are mostly the boogeymen figure of their setting. And we know dick about most of them just like DAA. I guess we know more about them than DAA but they still kind of tickle the mystery vibe and the larger than life feel since they are mostly setting plot devices.
    Last edited by Nanaya; April 23rd, 2022 at 02:07 PM.

  16. #34656
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,437
    JP Friend Code
    084,122,505
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    In Crinos? That's not very strong.
    They also "have" Potence 5, Fortitude 5, and Celerity 4

    Note that this is not specified as being a particularly powerful werewolf. It's the generic one they give you.

    My association of TAs and Garou is the whole connection to Gaia and keeping humanity in check thing

    And yeah, the DAA being TA-killing bastards makes them more in-line with Antediluvians I feel

  17. #34657
    What's not to like about a 9 foot war machine appearing out of tin air and immediately dishing out copious amounts of aggravated damage?

  18. #34658
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Byegod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    RESpoilersmaybe?
    I feel like they are pretty comparable in concept? Not super identical but old ass ancient vampires who are basically godlike monstrous disasters, have their own clans(Or Prince/Princesses and lesser vampires for DAA), the basic curse of vampirism seems more in line with the Dead then a TA, the whole concept of Diablerie kind of makes me think of taking the position of an Ancestor and how some of the clans came to power. And they are probably tainted as fuck which while not the same makes me think of DAA since they are walking curses. Most importantly, they are shrouded in mystery and are mostly the boogeymen figure of their setting. And we know dick about most of them just like DAA. I guess we know more about them than DAA but they still kind of tickle the mystery vibe and the larger than life feel since they are mostly setting plot devices.
    I meant more in terms of 'which known antedeluviian matches a DAA in terms of idea' Like Tzimsce and nero chaos feels the most obvious to me but I feel thats stretching it.

    Spoiler:
    Just reminded of when one woke up, it needed a magical nuke, massive amounts of sunlight using mirrors in space shining on it for hours, fighting several high level Kuel-jin to kill it. and even then it still caused massive global catastrophe

  19. #34659
    The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    9,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Didn't Owod have a similar idea to textures
    Not really, at least as far as I remember; Wraith had the Underworld or w/e it was called, but that was just a sort of alternate dimension more akin to D&D planes. Mage had a lot of weird ideas about Consensual Reality that I never read too much about, but AFAIR the final take was more along the lines of "whatever the people believe is the truth of the world" than "there's multiple truths out there overlapping one another like onion layers".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    In Crinos? That's not very strong.



    Them's fighting words, mate.



    Perhaps in nWoD, but in oWoD it gave you automatic successes - which was a hell of a lot better than just going above 5 in Strength.
    I may be mixing my editions up, or I may be thinking about something else entirely. I haven't touched a WoD rulebook in years, tbqh.
    shit BL says

    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

    You are not getting government-handout waifus.


    Once and always and nevermore.

  20. #34660
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I meant more in terms of 'which known antedeluviian matches a DAA in terms of idea' Like Tzimsce and nero chaos feels the most obvious to me but I feel thats stretching it.

    Spoiler:
    Just reminded of when one woke up, it needed a magical nuke, massive amounts of sunlight using mirrors in space shining on it for hours, fighting several high level Kuel-jin to kill it. and even then it still caused massive global catastrophe
    Zapathasura/Ravnos Ante. OWOD is bullshit dialed up to 11. Between Mages, Low gen Vamps, Busted ass Garou tricks(Return all dead to dust lol, alter the story to your liking kek). There is some way to bullshit anything if you are creative enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •