Page 1665 of 1665 FirstFirst ... 66511651565161516551660166316641665
Results 33,281 to 33,294 of 33294

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Yeah, there are hints in Atlas lore that they seems to be going on the Syncretism direction between the Greek and Egyptian gods.
    My opinion exactly. Atlas is in Egypt and uses a lot of ancient Egyptian aesthetics (obelisks, hieroglyphic writing), but has named some of its creations after Hermes and his Trismegistus derivative, has members with Greek names, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

You'd think they would have hinted at it more then tbh

and as someone who does like hermetism and such, it would feel at minimum a waste to merge them with mecha gods (yes i know they weren't always like that but now that a appearance has been set, they will default to it)

US Friend Code
    559,186,926/Charle
    The sci-fi elements have been present in TM works dating back to Notes. during their doujin days, of which some of its concepts are referenced and used for Atlas' backgrounds, like Black Barrel.
    My current support slots

Record so far

The Mecha gods aren't Mecha anymore since 12000 BC.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Considering their mechanical nature still informs Servant character design, I don't think that really matters.

I don't think it's really a problem anyway. If vampires can be alien clones, Greek gods can be alien robots.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Well most of the vampires were OCs, and honestly vampires dont have a cohesive mythology or folklore, nor any real figures outside of dracula as far as i can recall.

Plus they didnt look sci fi mostly.

Vs greek gods where it kinda felt like even the writers were having trouble melding the two ideas.

Vampires are just bloodsuckers. They do have parallels/equivalents in many cultures and mythologies.

Yeah, but there typically a species then a particular figure

I do know of a australian one, its like a giant red frog thing

Greek gods being alien mechas is good actually

Bold statement, but I actually agree. The only thing I dislike about TM Olympians is Sefar having way too much influence in their history.

US Friend Code
    I don't think much of it one way or the other, but I've also never been very interested in Greek mythology.

I think its just boring, it dilutes greek lore by making mecha stuff at the forefront as well as it felt like they were having trouble working with both greek myth and mecha stuff when they had to go 'oh all non olympians are gods that got assimilated' along with some other things, plus with odyssues it feels like they miss the point of his myth, but thats to be expected

Plus it makes me think something similar to what i said on gil and the immortality elixir

instead of "magic and tech are incompatible" its "humans are doing it wrong" when fucking gods have nanomachines, but i also think mystery is harder to justify than 'theres more mana in the past'

1. Mechas are cool
    2. Alien robots fit in with a lot of themes they can explore. People deifying what they don't understand fully, the absolutely insane and inhuman nature of the gods in mythology (almost as if they were emulating human emotions but missing the mark), the way gods transform and change with interpretations and time (robot transformations)
    3. Greek shit has ben done to death straight so much I'll take anything weird and absurd they can do with it