Page 1580 of 1889 FirstFirst ... 58010801480153015701575157815791580158115821585159016301680 ... LastLast
Results 31,581 to 31,600 of 37765

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

US Friend Code
    TM just filed a new Melty Blood trademark.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As in a new title all together, or just re-uping to keep the IP safe? They could just be porting it to consoles or something.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

We don't know yet.

US Friend Code
    Yeah the only thing we can say is that the trademark was made. No idea what for.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Even just a port of Melty Blood would already be awesome

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Genuinely surprised Peter Pan isn't a Servant. Neverland seems like an easy thing to make some Reverse Side fairyland story out of.
    The copyright first expired in the UK (and the rest of Europe) in 1987, 50 years after Barrie’s death.

However, former Prime Minister Lord Callaghan successfully proposed an amendment to the Copyright Designs and Patents Act (CDPA) of 1988, giving Great Ormond Street Hospital the unique right to royalties from stage performances of Peter Pan (and any adaptation of the play) as well as from publications, audio books, ebooks,radio broadcasts and films of the story of Peter Pan, in perpetuity.
    Basically, Type-Moon would have to pay to use Peter Pan. Disney can allow themselves that because they have half the money in the world.

Also, with all the money that hospital receives from this intellectual property over the decades, I have to assume its young patients can be just made into immortal cyborgs if everything else fails.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    besides the obvious TsukiRe Melty and FGO collab, could also be
    - a melty character being added to Blazblue Cross Tag Battle (I'm not saying it's Sion and Ciel, but it's Sion and Ciel)
    - a fresh console port (this is mixed bag, might count as new version, have console-exclusive balance changes, to stop people from playing cccaster)
    - Melty HD (please be that)

- - - Updated - - -

honestly though it's kind of a riot that melty wasn't trademarked

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, could it possibly be to celebrate it given that Tsukihime was released on 2000-12-29 and Melty Blood 2000-12-30.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Eh, if they make a PV and put "Coming Soon" instead of a release date in it... Well, I wouldn't even care anymore. Still. A port'd be nice. Is MBACC on Switch yet btw?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I though Melty was only on PC? I've never been able to find it on any online service aside from Steam. Under Night is everywhere, but never Melty.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Speaking of MB, I wish the version on Steam had the option to play the original VN-style storyline.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I though Melty was only on PC? I've never been able to find it on any online service aside from Steam. Under Night is everywhere, but never Melty.
    Actress again is Arcade (ver.A), PS2 (ver.B) and PC (what is actually played today). Those are widely considered different games though for story intents, what with no playable hime, and thus no hime Arcade. ASW has ported a bunch of stuff to Switch since, including a version of GGAC+R far superior to the PC version which is getting rollback in two weeks. There would indeed be nothing weird about a switch port, besides the fact that nobody will play melty without rollback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Speaking of MB, I wish the version on Steam had the option to play the original VN-style storyline.
    Well, they probably feel they already remastered it once in ReAct. A larger issue I feel is that Act Cadenza is that weird middle title that people have very little reason to play today, despite being pretty cool in its own right. What's up with no Mech-Chaos666 in MBAA's Boss Rush?

-

The absolute ideal case would be:
    Melty HD(disable-able HD) with
    - VNfied original Melty Blood story lifted from ReAct, upgraded to HD, but with MBAA gameplay, and stuff like its version of G-Akiha.
    - selectable game version for Arcade between Re-Act, Act Cadenza and Actress Again. Maybe touch up the gameplay of those Arcades, so that 7th Holy Scripture Ciel in ReAct is actual Eclipse PCiel rather than just Ciel with hyper armor that keeps spamming Arc Drive.
    - AC+R-like balance patch which can be turned on and off, maybe even going back in the MBAA versions a-la USF4
    - finished Eclipse styles (PC version has a few finished boss versions of characters you never seen in Arcade, like Ryougi, but you have to hack the game to play them, just do that for every character)
    - SOLID NETCODE

this will never ever happen but that's basically it, let me just play old melty if I don't like what you do the game and do not touch the IP again story-wise. Unless you're adding new characters with the balance patch, and they are Elysia, SHIKI, or Kiri. We take those
    Last edited by Ratman; October 16th, 2020 at 01:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiya, S., "Unlimited Blade Works"
    お前の正しさは、ただ正しいだけのものだ
    Your correctness is just 'being correct' and nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidegger, M., "The Question Concerning Technology"
    To be sure. The correct always fixes upon something pertinent in whatever is under consideration. However, in order to be correct,this fixing by no means needs to uncover the thing in question in its essence. Only at the point where such an uncovering happens does the true come to pass. For that reason the merely correct is not yet the true. Only the true brings us into a free relationship with that which concerns us from out of its essence.
    Shirou has read his Heidegger. Have you?
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    hire nisio to finish DDD
    I wanted to tackle this after binge reading the thread, but I dunno if there would be much difference between current Nisio and current Nasu, but why would you want him specifically and not Urobuchi to do it?
    With how current Monogatari has gotten, I feel the same 'purification' Nasu had might have occurred with him (but then again, the current supposedly "fixed" Hanekawa was turned from a figure of positive worldwide philanthropy to an international wanted 'terrorist' with an almost antagonistic relationship with Araragi so who knows).

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Oh it's going to be okay, now that her overt goodytwoshoesness wasn't stopped at inception, she's just turning into Archer. There's going to be an entire time travel arc for Hanekawa at the end of this

I just want Ryukishi to write a nasu thing someday.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    bring back takehaya to write kino tsukihime content

or maybe not looking at his recent output

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    if you like idol/SoLmoeblob/vtuber lisps, she'll be right up your alley
    Rude and disrespectful. She might not have made as big a career as her contemporary Nana Mizuki (who, to be fair, is fairly exceptional) but she's a good singer in her own rights.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I wanted to tackle this after binge reading the thread, but I dunno if there would be much difference between current Nisio and current Nasu, but why would you want him specifically and not Urobuchi to do it?
    With how current Monogatari has gotten, I feel the same 'purification' Nasu had might have occurred with him (but then again, the current supposedly "fixed" Hanekawa was turned from a figure of positive worldwide philanthropy to an international wanted 'terrorist' with an almost antagonistic relationship with Araragi so who knows).
    Hanekawa was always supposed to have a "scary" side to her kindness that never really manifested (disclaimer I gave up on catching up to Monogatari a while ago, though). That sounds like a pretty good development for her.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, I get it, that you'd think it would be about her being too meddling, but it seems like what she does is above board and the international community thinks she is trying to go full no borders policy and/or take over the planet, thus a bounty on her head.
    Plus if anything it seems like Araragi is becoming the Archer, because he considers arresting her when she tries to crash at his place for a bit. It gets fiery, Hanekawa decides to be honest and go for the goal because Hitagi and Koyomi have broken up like three times at this point, and she is straight with him that her endeavors are stressing her out and she would like him as a partner.
    Toward the end, the convo turned sour, but really Ragi is juggling Hitagi and Shinobu at this point, he shouldn't have been so salty when Cat fairly and squarely tried to net him.