Page 1743 of 1892 FirstFirst ... 74312431643169317331738174117421743174417451748175317931843 ... LastLast
Results 34,841 to 34,860 of 37832

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Time for me to dump what are essentially some irrelevant shower thoughts about TM stuff I've been thinking about recently:

I think its funny that while I bemoan and complain about all Extella influences that's present in other works in the form of Velber, playing the game again made me realize... that's probably the only interesting part about the entire game. The sheer discomfort I felt in having to court these 3 unlikeable woman who had just about nothing to say about anything except how much they wanted to have sex with me was by far the worst part of the game, and that's like... 90% of it! Tamamo and Nero have at this point just become these ulcerous tumors upon the Fate story-telling corpus. The thing TM took away from Extra (and CCC?) was apparently that the reason why these characters are popular is because they're sexy (wow, what insight you have, Master Petrikow, tell me more) so now all they do with them is flaunt that one quality. The last scene of Extella might be the most horrific thing I've yet to experience. Please put them out of their misery already. How every other TM Heroine escaped this fate I will never understand. I guess they were just built different to begin with.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, the apex of TM waifus, Seibah is blessed with what appears to be a conclusive ending to her story in Last Episode. The oddness of this thing is simply the fact... well, how was this thing written by Nasu? This is a man who has spent the majority of his time writing occupied with the beauty of fleeting life and the significance of final endings. Yet here we have Shirou essentially ending up in an eternal paradise together with his equally eternal love interest. You'd think it was almost written by someone else entirely. I guess we'll never know who was the nefarious influence behind this out-of-character ending. He must've liked Saber a lot, at least!

Another thing that got a chuckle out of me recently was when I was playing the event with the cons in FGO. There was this reference to Rin and Sakura's rivalry made as Melt and Eresh were talking to each other. It was then that I realized that yes, these two are supposedly based on characters which were originally related. It's just that such relations have grown so distant as to be irrelevant. I'm not sure what to think about it. I suppose some people would cynically go "you see, that's why there's no reason for them to be x-waifu-face to begin with!" while all I can think is like, thank god Sakura and Rin wasn't dragged through the mud the same way Nero and Tamamo have been by repeating the same lubbywubby bullshit until the end of time.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I suppose some people would cynically go "you see, that's why there's no reason for them to be x-waifu-face to begin with!" while all I can think is like, thank god Sakura and Rin wasn't dragged through the mud the same way Nero and Tamamo have been by repeating the same lubbywubby bullshit until the end of time.
    Not mutually exclusive feelings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Another thing that got a chuckle out of me recently was when I was playing the event with the cons in FGO. There was this reference to Rin and Sakura's rivalry made as Melt and Eresh were talking to each other. It was then that I realized that yes, these two are supposedly based on characters which were originally related. It's just that such relations have grown so distant as to be irrelevant. I'm not sure what to think about it. I suppose some people would cynically go "you see, that's why there's no reason for them to be x-waifu-face to begin with!" while all I can think is like, thank god Sakura and Rin wasn't dragged through the mud the same way Nero and Tamamo have been by repeating the same lubbywubby bullshit until the end of time.
    Don't forget that Morgan technically still is Saber. God bless the mushroom in his persistence of retelling the FSN Holy Trinity for hundredth time.
    Last edited by Kamera; May 22nd, 2022 at 11:29 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It is what the people want...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So who is Zetian among Shirou's love interests? Kotomine?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    It is what the people want...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    So who is Zetian among Shirou's love interests? Kotomine?
    Back in my day we only had one sado-loli, and we liked it.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    it's funny after 20 years ppl telling Kinoko what to do and what not.

Blog Entries
    I think subtle references like these are great honestly, but at the opposite end of this spectrum is the vulgar flaunting of the fox courtesan and roman emperor.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Can we go back to the actual Illya?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Can we go back to the actual Illya?
    I miss her so much ;_;
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    I miss her so much ;_;
    The way things are is for the best.

And for everything else we always have fanfiction.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    I think subtle references like these are great honestly, but at the opposite end of this spectrum is the vulgar flaunting of the fox courtesan and roman emperor.
    There's still lots of cool things about the /EXTRAverse, and undeniable—may Allah forgive me for uttering this—potential for future content set in that setting, but I do think that Xavier's main squeezes and Xavier themselves have been tapped out of their meaningful storytelling.

- - - Updated - - -

The way things are is for the best.

And for everything else we always have fanfiction.
    I cannot dispute either of these assertions.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Time for me to dump what are essentially some irrelevant shower thoughts about TM stuff I've been thinking about recently:

I think its funny that while I bemoan and complain about all Extella influences that's present in other works in the form of Velber, playing the game again made me realize... that's probably the only interesting part about the entire game. The sheer discomfort I felt in having to court these 3 unlikeable woman who had just about nothing to say about anything except how much they wanted to have sex with me was by far the worst part of the game, and that's like... 90% of it! Tamamo and Nero have at this point just become these ulcerous tumors upon the Fate story-telling corpus. The thing TM took away from Extra (and CCC?) was apparently that the reason why these characters are popular is because they're sexy (wow, what insight you have, Master Petrikow, tell me more) so now all they do with them is flaunt that one quality. The last scene of Extella might be the most horrific thing I've yet to experience. Please put them out of their misery already. How every other TM Heroine escaped this fate I will never understand. I guess they were just built different to begin with.
    Bolded for emphasis. That's honestly the lore I'm second most curious about, since there's still no sign of Sefar's onii and imouto. The first one is the situations on Earth under the Harweys.

As for Nero and Tamamo, Niinou seems to have similar thought about it, what with him asking Tange to voice her the way she did OG Extra, so I'm expecting character rerailment in the remake.

Nero was made by Tange, she won't change unless VA changes.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes I do wish she was voiced by someone else, alas.

Tange has a great voice for sounding cute, which inevitably leads to me getting whiplash whenever she has to do Nero's "cool" voice.
    Last edited by Petrikow; May 23rd, 2022 at 12:01 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    There's still lots of cool things about the /EXTRAverse, and undeniable—may Allah forgive me for uttering this—potential for future content set in that setting, but I do think that Xavier's main squeezes and Xavier themselves have been tapped out of their meaningful storytelling.
    Zabio and Zabiko might get more spotlight if it turns out they're related to people with considerable influence back on Earth. Maybe it depends on the route, but either Rani or Blonde Rin is still around during Extella plot. I'm leaning on Blonde Rin since the Resistance may still be kicking, whereas Rani's Atlas Institute may not have much to offer with Sialim passing away.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes I do wish she was voiced by someone else, alas.

Tange has a great voice for sound cute, which inevitably leads to me getting whiplash whenever she has to do Nero's "cool" voice.
    People do have trouble taking Beast VI/S seriously thanks to the way she voiced her.

Jack the ripper worked because Tange voice matches the character.

Blog Entries
    Nero and Jack are two completely different characters...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Nero and Jack are two completely different characters...
    He's not wrong though, Tange works great as Jack, because she just has to be cute.