Page 474 of 1892 FirstFirst ... 3744244644694724734744754764794845245749741474 ... LastLast
Results 9,461 to 9,480 of 37826

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    *cough* tsukinoara translated Gil route *cough*
    You're gonna make Reiu scream.

Blog Entries
    That's why I tried to conceal it with my cough.

Blog Entries
    You should get it checked out.

Spoiler:
    What ever happened to that, any way? it seemed like it just terminated in November right before the final dungeon and confronting bb. bit of a huge tease, that.

lately i've been wondering a lot about the 'Tristan fundamentally misunderstands how to use a bow' thing in GoA. i'm wondering if that's a reference to Arturia claiming invisible air could 'even be a bow' when lancer asks what she's swinging around, lol. Kinda cute to imagine him bokken smacking you with a longbow.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    Or maybe also stabbing people directly with arrows as if they were proper melee weapons.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    You should get it checked out.

Spoiler:
    What ever happened to that, any way? it seemed like it just terminated in November right before the final dungeon and confronting bb. bit of a huge tease, that.

lately i've been wondering a lot about the 'Tristan fundamentally misunderstands how to use a bow' thing in GoA. i'm wondering if that's a reference to Arturia claiming invisible air could 'even be a bow' when lancer asks what she's swinging around, lol. Kinda cute to imagine him bokken smacking you with a longbow.
    His technique is called "hitting the target with the bow" so that kinda implies something.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    His technique is called "hitting the target with the bow" so that kinda implies something.
    Hold arrow in place, use drawstring tension to propel the bow at the target, dazing them when it strikes before Tristan runs up and stabs them with the arrow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoori Norinaga, Kuzubana, 1780
    This is the same sort of inscrutable truth as the case of the descent of the Imperial Grandchild from Heaven after which communication between Heaven and Earth was completely severed. There are many other strange and inscrutable happenings in the Age of the Gods, which should be accepted in the same way. The people of antiquity never attempted to reason out the acts of the gods with their own intelligence, but the people of a later age, influenced by the Chinese, have become addicts of rationalism. Such people appear wise, but in reality are quite foolish in their suspiction and skepticism about the strange happeneings of the Age of the Gods which are quite different from the happenings of the Age of Humans.
    Ahhhh.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Ahhhh.
    lol typical 國學 bs. The ancestor of 日本人論. (jk)

Psh, sounds like an untestable hypothesis​.

- - - Updated - - -

It sounds totally plausible that Nasu came across Norinaga's 神の世 stuff in his research though.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; May 9th, 2015 at 12:09 AM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Norinaga on demigods and dudes like Merlin:

Quote Originally Posted by 上田 賢治, "禍津日神考--本居宣長の神学", 1986
    For sake of reference, it should be noted that in conjunction with his previous remark, Norinaga states that "the word kami has broad meaning, and it includes many different sorts; while men like the [Chinese] Sages were kami, they were not kami in the fully proper sense, but kami who were men" (Zenshû 1:544). In Kuzubana, Norinaga likewise states that "While the kami of the divine age were humans, they were called kami since they had fully divine attributes. People who had no divine attributes but were mere humans were not called kami. But while my antagonist knows that kami were men, he does not know that [mere] men were not fully kami." These statements all follow the same trajectory, and confusion can easily result if the reader lacks a firm grounding in the Shinto concept of kami.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; May 9th, 2015 at 12:26 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if the Crane Wing chant could be modified so that it'd be a coherent Chinese poem
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/489814237

Is this a poem or just a translation?
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

夜属 Nightkin
    If Kay and Bedivere were given a prominent role in a type-moon vn, what noble phantasm would they posses?
    I am asking this because I am looking for some inspiration for my fanfic. Are there any legendary weapons mentioned in their legends?
    I know that Bedivere was good with a shield, but that's about it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mabinogion
    Before Cai's birth, Cynyr Ceinfarfog prophesied that his son's heart would be eternally cold, that he would be exceptionally stubborn and that no one would be able to brave fire or water like him. Cai is attributed with a number of further superhuman abilities, including the ability to go nine days and nine nights without the need to breathe or to sleep, the ability to grow as "tall as the tallest tree in the forest if he pleased" and the ability to radiate supernatural heat from his hands. Furthermore, it is impossible to cure a wound from Cai's sword.

Blog Entries
    Culwch and Olwen
    Cai said, ‘Ah chieftain, you insult Arthur too much. Come with us. Until you admit that the maiden does not exist anywhere in the world, or until we find her, we will not be parted from you.’
    Then Cai gets up. Cai had magical qualities. For nine nights and nine days he could hold his breath under water. For nine nights and nine days he could go without sleep. A wound from Cai’s sword no physician could heal. Cai was clever. He could be as tall as the tallest tree in the forest when it pleased him. There was another strange thing about him. When the rain was at its heaviest, whatever was in his hand would remain dry (and for a hand-breadth above and below), so great was his heat. And when his companions were coldest, this would be kindling for them to light a fire.
    Arthur called on Bedwyr, who never feared the quest upon which Cai went. There was this about Bedwyr—no one was as handsome as he in this Island except Arthur and Drych son of Cibddar. And this, too, that though he was one-handed, no three warriors could draw blood in the same field faster than he. Another peculiar quality of his—there was one thrust in his spear, and nine counter-thrusts.

Culwch and Olwen
    They got up, and Ysbaddaden Bencawr snatched one of the three poisoned stone spears beside him and hurled it after them. And Bedwyr caught it and hurled it back, and pierced Ysbaddaden Bencawr right through his kneecap. He said, ‘Cursed, savage son-in-law, I shall be all the worse when I walk down the slope. Like the sting of a gadfly the poison iron has hurt me. Cursed be the smith who forged it and the anvil on which it was forged, it is so painful.’

Culwch and Olwen
    ‘Let the gatekeeper go outside, and I’ll describe the signs to him. The head of his spear comes away from its shaft, it draws blood from the wind and lands on the shaft again.’ The gate was opened and Bedwyr entered.

Culwch and Olwen
    The Eagle said, ‘Salmon of Llyn Lliw, I have come to you with Arthur’s messengers to ask if you know anything of Mabon son of Modron, who was taken when three nights old from his mother?’ ‘
    As much as I know, I will tell. With every flood tide I travel up the river until I come to the bend in the wall of Caerloyw; never before in my life have I found as much wickedness as I found there. And so that you will believe me, let one of you come here on my two shoulders.’
    The ones who went on the Salmon’s shoulders were Cai and Gwrhyr Gwalstawd Ieithoedd.
    Arthur summoned the warriors of this Island and went to Caerloyw where Mabon was in prison. Cai and Bedwyr went on the shoulders of the fish. While Arthur’s warriors were attacking the fort, Cai tore through the wall and took the prisoner on his back, and fought the men as before. Arthur came home and Mabon with him, a free man.

Culwch and Olwen

As Cai and Bedwyr were sitting on top of Pumlumon on Garn Gwylathr,* in the strongest wind in the world, they looked around them and they could see a lot of smoke towards the south, far away from them, unmoved by the wind.
    And then Cai said, ‘By the hand of my friend, look over there— the fire of a warrior.’
    They hastened towards the smoke and approached the place, watching from afar, as Dillus Farfog roasted a wild boar. He, without doubt, was the greatest warrior who had ever fled from Arthur.
    Then Bedwyr said to Cai, ‘Do you know him?’
    ‘I do,’ said Cai. ‘That’s Dillus Farfog. There is no leash in the world that can hold Drudwyn, the whelp of Graid son of Eri, except a leash made from the beard of the man you see over there. And it won’t be of any use either unless it’s plucked with wooden tweezers from his beard while he’s still alive, for it will be brittle if he’s dead.’
    ‘What shall we do about it?’ said Bedwyr. ‘
    We will leave him’, said Cai, ‘to eat his fill of the meat, and after that he will fall asleep.’
    While he was doing just that they made wooden tweezers. When Cai knew for sure that he was asleep he dug a pit under his feet, the biggest in the world, and he struck him an almighty blow, and pressed him down in the pit until they had plucked out his beard completely with the wooden tweezers. And after that they killed him outright. And from there both went to Celli Wig in Cornwall, and with them a leash from the beard of Dillus Farfog, and Cai handed it to Arthur.

And then Arthur sang this englyn:
    A leash was made by Cai
    From the beard of Dillus son of Efrai.
    Were he alive, he would kill you.

And because of that Cai sulked, so that the warriors of this island could hardly make peace between Cai and Arthur.

Triads 21
    The Three Diademed Battle-Leaders of the Isle of Britain:
    Trystan son of Tallwch
    and Hueil son of Caw
    and Cai son of Cynyr of the Fine Beard
    And one that was diademed above the three of them:
    that was Bedwyr son of Bedrawc.

Triads 42
    The Three Sprightly Steeds of the Isle of Britain:
    LlwytGrey, of Alser son of Maelgwn,
    and Gwineu GodwfhirLong-Necked Chestnut, of Cai,
    and Chethin Carn6lawRoan Cloven-Hoof, of Iddon son of Ynyr Gwent.

Triads 46 (variant A)
    The Three Bestowed Horses of the Isle of Britain:
    MeingaletSlender-Hard, of Gwalchmai
    and Myngr6nArched Mane, of Gweddw
    ... of Drudwas son of Tryffin,
    and Gwineu G6d6f HirChestnut Long-Neck, of Cai.

(Triad translations by Rachel Bromwich; C&O translations from Sioned Davies).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Instead of the paraphrase:
    Cynyr of the Fair Beard. Cai was said to be his son. He said to his wife, "If I have any share in your son, girl, his heart will always be cold, and there will be no heat in his hands. Another magical property he will have, if he be a son of mine: he will be stubborn. Another magical property he will have: when he carries a burden, great or small, it will not be seen, neither from in fron nor from behind. Another magical property he will have: no one will endure fire or water as well as he. Another magical property he will have: there will be no servant or officer like him."
    Last edited by Seika; May 9th, 2015 at 03:51 PM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Post your favorite Saber-themed wristwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Peanut-007's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by @Leo View Post
    Post your favorite Saber-themed wristwatch.
    Name:  King Arthur Wristwatch.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  23.3 KB

"We have entered an infinite recursion of Saber."

夜属 Nightkin
    Thanks for the info. This will surely help me. Now, I just need something for Bedivere.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Watching Prillya on Crunchyroll and just got a comercial for UBW.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Peanut-007's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Haseo Nanaya View Post
    Watching Prillya on Crunchyroll and just got a comercial for UBW.
    It must have been Fate.
    'cries in shame'

"We have entered an infinite recursion of Saber."

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut-007 View Post
    It must have been Fate.
    'cries in shame'
    Get in the corner.
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up