Page 1571 of 1891 FirstFirst ... 57110711471152115611566156915701571157215731576158116211671 ... LastLast
Results 31,401 to 31,420 of 37810

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    If we had to actually come up with a canon explanation for Guda's ability to be loved by everyone, rather than saying it's an intentional talent I'd say that they are some monstrosity Marisbilly engineered in a secret lab so they'd be compatible with absolutely everyone. Guda is nothing, that's why they has no past ever mentioned in anything but a passing mention in a manga, that's why they has no family and friends to grieve, it's why Servants never mention experiencing dreams of their past like it usually happens with Master-Servant bonds.

Guda is just a sucker hypno-trap for Heroic Spirits, who look into them and see what they want to see the most even though there's actually nothing there.
    Last edited by OverMaster; August 26th, 2020 at 07:05 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    So like how Goetia is a mirror of whoever he's talking to

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    So like how Goetia is a mirror of whoever he's talking to
    Speaking of the Goetia comparison, wasn’t that something Dullahan had in his fanfic? Or am I misremembering that part?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Spoiler:
    they are similar to scathach, marta's little sister, medeas little brother, ozys siblings, artoria, angra and mikiya.They have the warmth of Ayaka, they are TROYA and they are ROMA and they are anchin and also the reincarnation of sigurd and also just an ordinary japanese nobody. they grope servants regardless of if they like it or not, they belittle some servants and change their personality based on what servant they are talking to, but they are also straight-forward and pure of heart. they speak in memes and can become close with any servant whether they are a hero or anti-hero and on valentines day they get chocolate from every servant. saber lily says its thanks to guda the sword chose her and that she gets courage just by them being near her, and siegfried says he wouldn't hate them even if they stabbed him in the back. caesar will grant them his favor whenever, and they made altera want to do things other than destroying things, and d'eon says they will show their dress that they no longer wear to guda especially. Gil says he'll get serious for their sake, and robin hood says they're even more stubborn than him and it's ok for them to touch atalante. euryale says she loves them though not as much as sthenon, arash says they're suited for horse-riding, boudica says she loves them. alexander wants them to be his teacher, medea says they are good handling servants and pure of heart, andersen who hates humans says he'll write their story, kojiro says it feels good to be ordered by them, cursed arm says they're the greatest master and that they were born to protect them, sanson says they have eyes that can clear doubts and are true and just. carmilla is okay with them touvhing her and vlad says he could spend an eternity with them and never be bored. nobu says they have talent and compares them to hideyoshi angra says they are contrary and like him, etc, etc, this goes on for about 20 more lines somebody who's better at translating please help
    Since this is being brought up again, it's worth noting that not all those traits are supposed to be canon simultaneously. "Canon" Guda, insofar as such an entity exists, doesn't bond 10, or even 5, or max ascend every single Servant in Chaldea. They don't even summon every Servant available, or even all the ones shown in events (as evidenced by some of them being present in some events but not in others). It's one of those "don't think about it too hard" things, but if you had to think about it too hard the best explanation would be that there are infinite parallel existing Gudas, who each summon and bond with a small handful of Servants (+Mash) and My Room is just a multidimensional peeking chamber where (You) get to peek at each Guda's interaction with "their" Servants.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Since this is being brought up again, it's worth noting that not all those traits are supposed to be canon simultaneously. "Canon" Guda, insofar as such an entity exists, doesn't bond 10, or even 5, or max ascend every single Servant in Chaldea. They don't even summon every Servant available, or even all the ones shown in events (as evidenced by some of them being present in some events but not in others). It's one of those "don't think about it too hard" things, but if you had to think about it too hard the best explanation would be that there are infinite parallel existing Gudas, who each summon and bond with a small handful of Servants (+Mash) and My Room is just a multidimensional peeking chamber where (You) get to peek at each Guda's interaction with "their" Servants.
    That's actually a pretty cool explanation for Guda's varying personality (as far it goes). Never thought of it that way before.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    They seem to be everything to everyone.

Which is contradictory in some places from what I'm seeing here.

Like this feels contradictory:
    Im wondering where the grope part came from anyway?

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I've just tried imagining myself as a newcomer to Type-Moon, and by Jove, I'd be laughing at the whole fanbase where something like this actually counts as a valid explanation (which it may well be, in context, and I'm not holding anything against you, it's just... saying that aloud, one kinda realizes how kind of silly the whole exercise demanding for this kind of explanation, the original problem of Guda's characterization issues, is).

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I wish the TMdb section on Tsuki-kan still were updated. It was a very convenient tool for someone like me who likes to read/play things on release order.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    I've just tried imagining myself as a newcomer to Type-Moon, and by Jove, I'd be laughing at the whole fanbase where something like this actually counts as a valid explanation (which it may well be, in context, and I'm not holding anything against you, it's just... saying that aloud, one kinda realizes how kind of silly the whole exercise demanding for this kind of explanation, the original problem of Guda's characterization issues, is).
    Welcome to why I don't like how it's grown (it was complicated back when it was just FSN... now... eh!) and why I think people who get into FGO are just treating it like Azur Lane with pseudo historical figures.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    My theory that I just decided right now is that Guda has had their Origin awakened, and that it's something like "Beloved", so everyone who meets them see's something or someone they love in them. It's also why their gender can change at will- they take form based on what the viewer finds appealing/endearing in some regard.

Fujimaru Ritsuka is just a long lost member of the Ryougi family. That's why he's both male and female. To attain more traits and even hold on to contradicting ones

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibliotheca Historica
    Atlas was so grateful to Heracles for his kindly deed that he not only gladly gave him such assistance as his Labour called for, but he also instructed him quite freely in the knowledge of astrology. For Atlas had worked out the science of astrology to a degree surpassing others and had ingeniously discovered the spherical nature of the stars, and for that reason was generally believed to be bearing the entire firmament upon his shoulders. Similarly in the case of Heracles, when he had brought to the Greeks the doctrine of the sphere, he gained great fame, as if he had taken over the burden of the firmament which Atlas had borne, since men intimated in this enigmatic way what had actually taken place
    Grand Caster Heracles with
    Pillars of Heracles
    TRI-HERMES
    NP confirmed

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    if you have this you are the greatest TM fan

What am I looking at

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    cover of Tsukihime trial game floppy disk version.

the rarest TM game.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Hehe.

I wonder who the ten holders of the Mahoyo Origin were. And how many still survive...
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    Hehe.

I wonder who the ten holders of the Mahoyo Origin were. And how many still survive...
    4Gamer:
    「Mahoutsukai no Yoru」 (abbreviated as 「Mahoyo」 from here on out) was just recently released, and I played it right away. I would like to talk about its charm today, but let us start with a reminder of what kind of title the actual work is. First of all... there exists an original novel, right?

Nasu:
    Yup, the original script is a novel written a long time ago. Since it's a doujinshi that had very few prints, there exist only three copies of the scripts in book form.
    So you clearly have a lot of memories attached to this novel. How many copies did you circulate?

Nasu: A very small number. Back then I was using the copy machine in convenience stores to make my books, and it cost 2,500 yen for one book. A poor university student like me was only able to make one copy for myself and another one to show my friends and family. The only one that remains now is the one that Takeuchi-kun saved for me.
    The one they have was/is? on exhibit in the TM museum.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Isn't there a similar hand-print of KnK?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes it's also on display at the museum
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Trying to justify or think of an explanation to F of G O-person just is a waste of time honestly. The real answer is that they’re a piece of clay in the shape of a person, or a cardboard cutout that you mold or exchange the face with a preset something as needed and as convenient.

theres nothing defined so there’s nothing that prevents contradictions. If everything can be true, nothing is.

as far as Mahoyo goes it goes to show how much Takeuchi valued that stuff I feel.